The Iron Dynasty, DeLaRose Role Play Group
Greetings and welcome, only go forth if you are over 18 years of age, if not please turn back now. if you are over the age of 18 feel free to view and register for the fourm. thank you so much for coming to see us if this is not your first time here please log in.
Welcome Everyone Feel Free to Register Post and Partake We Are friendly Please Fill out the Rules as Soon as You Join After Please Read and Sign the Policies You May Then Browse at Your Leisure If You Need any Help Please Contact Anaya the Admin or Any Moderators it is Our Job To Help You

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Iron Dynasty, DeLaRose Role Play Group » Valeria, IMVU Hosted » Braidwood Kingdom » Logs of the Events within Braidwood

Logs of the Events within Braidwood

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Logs of the Events within Braidwood on Fri Nov 02 2018, 19:20

Anaya

Admin
Admin

Hethurin Naruga04/24/2018
Braidwood is lead by the Fire Elf King Hethurin Naruga, it sits both on and around Mt. Naruga, Brimstone Keep sits on the side of the volcano overlooking the land held by the elves. Beneath, sits the various districts of the kingdom, a reasonable climb from the castle is the steps to the temple of Flame which sits, on an island of rocks around but not in the exact center of the volcano, a bridge of obsidian links the temple to the rim where the ascending steps end.

A barrier sits around the keep, offering protection for those less tolerable of the heat radiating from the volcano. A single road down the mountain is one of the few things that connects Braidwood to the rest of Valeria. 1,825 steps lead up to Brimstone Keep. A statue of a regal fire elf carved from obsidian sits in the courtyard. Upon entering the Main Hall, visitors and nationals are met with cathartic motifs depicting the history of the kingdoms stretched across a marble ceiling. Reliquary of all shapes and sizes sit atop pedestals and in Maplewood display cases lining the walls which are covered in elaborate paintings crafted by the Kingdoms most esteemed artists over the centuries.

The ending of the main entry way is a four way intersection, the biggest of the doors continuing straight leads to the Throne Room, more ornate than the Main Hall. The polished Obsidian floors reflect the crystalline chandelier, floating just inches beneath the marble ceiling, casting it's warm glow on everything around. Pushed to the back wall sits a large structure known only as The Obsidian Throne. The Thrones shape is more aesthetically pleasing than even the words of a well poised writer could convey, upon closer inspection, it can be seen that the entire throne is covered in Runic markings identical to those displayed on the burgundy rug that leads from the foot of the Throne to the door of the castle.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hethurin Naruga04/24/2018
Hethurin sat atop his throne, his body draped in fitted in silk robes coloured sangria, his hair was red as flame, and just as unruly when left to its own devices. Flanking his throne are his elite guard, clad in jet black armor, trimmed with silver, all standing watch with obsidian Halberd in hand. Het could be seen lazily twirling a strange looking crystaline focus in his hand, watching the item absently as musicians played across the room. Brimstone Keep was full of life on this day, which wasn't at all shockingly different from any other day.

On slight occasion, his fiery hues would occasionally drift up to the door, seeming hopeful or even expecting of new company other than the occasional priest/priestess that come and go.

Jesse Morson04/26/2018
: Baralineth slowly stalked her way down the long hallway, her lips pulled into the slight scowl she wore when she was playing with an idea in her mind, tossing it over and over in her head. She was mulling over something she'd read about the importance of maintaining the inner and outer calm. She was wrapped in the typical, well-worn sangria robes custom of her and her people. Her hair was better kempt today than usual, and was tied back into a ponytail for the sake of it staying out of her way while she was reading.

She was on her way to visit her brother, intent upon conversing with him for once. It had been a good day so far, and she was hoping he would be up to more today than she'd be up to.
Hethurin Naruga04/26/2018
Having had enough of sitting around for the better part of a few hours, Hethurin got up and began his walk towards the door, stretching as he walked, just like clockwork two guards opened the door for him and he passed through the opening, seamlessly making a left turn where another door was opened for him immediately. The doors being opened was one of the many things that Hethurin felt he could never get tired of, the efficiency of the doormen was astounding to him, though it wasn't as if he hadn't been faced with it so many other times before.

Not paying too much attention to his direction, or what was even in front of him for that matter, The King felt a firm, yet gentle grip on his shoulder as one of the guards behind him gave hold in just enough time to stop him from sending his sister toppling to the floor as he'd done oh so many times before, matter of fact some do in fact concise that paying attention under certain circumstances are definitely not one of the king's strong suit.

Jesse Morson04/26/2018
"Oh shit. Hethurin. Fancy seeing you outside of the throne room, I was on my way to come see you. Are you busy?" She asks, her native tounge rolling off her tounge with ease. She peers up at her younger brother, waiting patiently for his reply. "Castien, thank you for the save. Pretty out there today, aren't we brother?" She asks, smirking a little at her brother's typical air-headedness. The guard had been there to save her from being trampled by her brother a pretty big number of times since being posted in that position.

"Well if by busy you mean doing absolutely nothing, then yes I am quite busy." He said waving for Baralineth to walk with him, and as usual Castien followed. "The days have been quite slow as of late." Het admitted, "Though it does not bother me quite as it would others in my position, I quite like the quiet, for it means there's no war, all the peasants are happy, and more importantly it means Lilutha is happy and not about to eat me alive. As much as I love that woman, she is absolutely terrifying when she's angry." said the Elf in his native Ignan tounge, it was quite a longer response than had previously been warranted by his sister's question, and it didn't quite answer all that she'd asked him, but again comes another one of his specialties, beating around the bush...

Jesse Morson04/26/2018
"You shouldn't talk that way about your wife. You're married, and even if you weren't, don't you share a room? I'm pretty sure she would slit your throat if she heard that." The older sister replies, walking alongside her younger brother. Her gaze drifts over to him for a moment, her eyebrows raised until she returns her gaze to the hallway ahead of them, watching where she's going. She knew he loved his wife, but she enjoyed messing with him from time to time.

"I'm quite sure she enjoys my acknowledgement of how and I shall say again.. Terrifying she can be." He muttered. "And I'm sure everyone here knows aswell, though back to the original point dear sister, you said you had something to speak with me about?" asked the elf, tilting his gaze slightly towards his sibling. "I'm sure it must be quite important if you've decided to make a trip to Brimstone today, unless you walkedall that way make more regicidal wise cracks as I can assume would be most of your reasoning."

Xaei (Iotah)04/26/2018
It wasn't long into her book that Lilutha became bored, this is why she didn't like accepting gifts, no one knew a good book like she did, even if the guest that gave it to her was a visiting noble. At least she could say she tried. Lilutha Naruga is the Queen of Braidwood, a graceful but stern woman, loved and feared by her people, for her way with people, both allie and foe alike. Heth was her King, and had been so since before she was born, their fate carved in the heavens. They have both been together for a life time, by humans standards, however her lack of ability go provide an heir has been weighing heavily on her, and for the past few days she had been ignoring the king, his letters, signs of affections, his love for her, and she for him... it broke her heart that she couldn't give him what he needed... In a shut off state, eyes fixed on the floor she didn't notice that she was about to walk into the two, the king and his sister. If his awareness was too late she'd bump against them both and fall over.(edited)

Jesse Morson04/26/2018
"Well, I was studying the newest batch of books from the city when i realized that-" The older sister abruptly stops, her left hand flying across the chest of her younger brother, attempting to stop him from trampling his queen. "Hey, good to see you around Lilutha." She says, internally praying that her sister-in-law hadn't heard a word of what they had said. She had lived for 227 years, and really didn't want to lose one of her limbs over a smart-ass remark made in passing.

Stopping abruptly in his tracks, he angled his gaze down an moved past his sister scooping his wife into his arms hugging her tightly. "Finally out of your room darling?" He asked stroking her cheek softly, "I missed you in the throne room, I must have sat there for hours!" He jested, but deep down he knew that it was no time for making jokes, with everything that had happened he had to find some way to show her that for him an heir didn't mean everything; however, he didn't really have any idea whatsoever to be able to convey that thought to her other than just outright telling her. The ideals had been so deeply ingrained into their upbringing, but now was not the time nor the place to have that conversation. "Darling, I really wish that you would come around with me once more... I do miss you terribly, more so than I could ever hope to tell you." the King stated looking down so that he may catch her gaze if she decided to look up.(edited)

Xaei (Iotah)04/26/2018
Lilutha had heard neither of their voices, the sound was like a soft buzzing in her ear and there was so much of it around her, people staring at her and talking about her in a whispered tone. Which was brave of them. She was caught off guard and screamed when her body was scooped up into the air, hands flailing about she tried to grab onto whatever she could, which ended up being his coat. "Wha-What are you doing?" Feelings didn't mean much at court, public displays of affections even less so. Her cheeks had burned a bright red, and she looked between her husband and her sister in-law. "I ... I miss you too. But, I just ... I can't do this right now..." pushing her hands against his chest, she squirmed trying to get out of his grip. "Please let me go, I do not want to make a scene."

Jesse Morson04/26/2018
As Lilutha was picked up Baralineth watches on, returning her arm to her side. Recently her sister-in-law had become reclusive, but this little run-in felt a bit like the first warmth after a dreadfully long winter. She had been praying for her sister-in-law recently, as she had become more and more hidden away, an issue Baralineth was growing more and more concerned over, given the mildly disheveled appearance of her sister-in-law. Pushing her worries aside she returns to reality, watching the two of them embrace eachother.(edited)

He nodded with a sigh and released his gentle grip on her. "I understand, but there is something I must tell you later if you would be willing to meet with me in a place with less... Ears and eyes." he said to her, hoping for a more positive answer than he might have recieved in the past. Castien gave the Queen his usual glance just as he would when they were children, the glance that told her she should atleast consider it. If there was one thing Castien knew is that no matter how old the two got, he was still responsible for them, and no matter how much power they had, they were still in his heart, the children that he'd have to save the other guards from, no turn of events or changing of titles would ever sway his opinion, for he essentially raised them.

Xaei (Iotah)04/26/2018
Climbing out of his arms, she looked briefly to Bara, trying to give her a reassuring smile. Turning her attention back to Heth, she saw Castien, the man whom for many years has seemed almost like a father to them, gave her a concerning look, he didn't need to be told what was happening, to know what troubled her. He was wise like that. Lowering her head slightly, she'd give a small curtasy. "I... will await your word on where we might meet later this evening... I will be in the library in the meantime... I'm sorry." Her apology was for many things, she couldn't her her feelings no matter how hard she tried. Disappearing from sight as quick as she could, Lilutha hurried to the confined walls of her favourite room in the castle, the floor cooler than the rest of the castle, the whole room was which protected the books, an arrangement set up by the King, for the both of them did love reading. She waited, reading books to pass the time.

Jesse Morson04/26/2018
"Please be well." Baralineth whispers, taking a glance up at the ceiling, staring through it, praying to the ashes. She drops her gaze back to her brother for a moment, smiling gently as she grabs her right hand with her left, waiting patiently for her sibling to continue walking. Her worry was growing ever stronger, and this return to seclusion added with a cryptic meeting didn't help.

Watching Lilutha leave, he shook his mind clear and began walking once more. "You were saying dear sister?" he asked calmly, "I got a little too side tracked and I'm afraid i've forgotten your reason for venturing back to Brimstone, as I said I am quite sure it must be important for you to descend from the temple for an otherwise...mundane... visit, as I am sure your visits with the sisters of flame are more... enlightening than being in my company." The Elf muttered, still trying to push the previous happenings to the back of his mind in hopes they wouldn't continue to bother him like they were until he could get a chance to speak with his wife.

Noticing his discomfort, Castien placed a hand on the King's shoulder and nodded with soft words. "I'm sure everything will be fine m'lord, the Queen just needs some time." with that said, Hethurin gave a sigh and ran his fingers through his unruly red hair, his bangs falling back into his face as his fingers swept through. "You're right, it's always turning out alright in the end for us."

"As it should m'lord." Castien finished.

Jesse Morson04/26/2018
"I came down to talk to you. I've grown tired of reading for the day, as much as it is entertaining, there isn't much you can get out of them as far as conversation." She simply replies. She looks between Castien and her younger brother, considering what she should and could do next. "I dunno, seems like you guys have gotten pretty busy around here. Do you need an ear brother?" She asks, the rude nature of the question not popping up into her mind until she'd already spoken. She adjusts her sleeves, a bit of a nervous habit, and looks to them for a reply.

He shook his head. "Its a matter of personal business, that shouldn't really be shared, especially not in such... open company." He said gesturing around to the random passersby who seemed at that moment to be minding their own after all was said and done. "Though I'm afraid until I get these personal matters dealt with I won't be much company, though I do appreciate the offer sister, but i'm afraid to say and I do so with all due respect, it's no matter that a Priestess of the sister's would really be able to assist in to my knowledge, it is one that must be addressed privately and without the arcane or the... wandering eye."

Jesse Morson04/26/2018
"Alright. I should probably head back up to the temple in that case." She replies, nodding gently as she takes a look around, peering around at the other people near her, realising just how crowded this hallway really was. "Oh, i almost forgot! Before I go, i was wondering if you knew of a quality carpenter near here, i'm hoping to obtain a walking stick." She asks, looking over to Castien as she seeks answers.

"Castien, once you give your recommendation, I would be thankful if you would send for LIlutha and have her meet me in the royal chambers." Hethurin stated as he walked off. "It shall be done M'lord." Castien said before turning to Lin. "The best place I can recomment is a man named Akath in town, he's in the lower market district, has a small house with his family, if you ask around, anyone would be willing to show you the way." and with that Castien set out to the library to go inform Lilutha of the Kings summons.

Xaei (Iotah)04/26/2018
"Your Highness?" Castien said, knocking on the door to the library before entering, shutting the door behind him. The Queen was sat up on a banister, hanging down in front of a small window, with a book in hand. "Hello Castien. What brings you here?" Lilutha asked, shutting the book and proceeded to fall the few feet to the ground, landing gracefully. "Your Highness, the King has requested an audience with you, which I do believe you should attend." - "Well I didn't ask you what you thought, did I?" She snapped at her old friend, with a stern look at him. His expression took on a worried look and he bowed. "I beg your forgiveness Your Highness, I was out of line..." Lilutha's face expression relaxed and she sighed heavily. "I am... Sorry Castien, you did not deserve that. Thank you for your council, I will go see him at once." Walking to the door, the elven Queen stopped beside him, though faced him and she took his hand gently into hers. "Would you mind walking with me?" She was scared, angry and he could see it on her face. "I would be happy to, Your Majesty."

Together, they walked through the halls of the castle. It was hot, like usual. The smell of brimstone would be obvious to anyone who had not lived here for so long, used to it. The decorations were simple, mostly statues and the like. Along one hallway, there were pictures of their family, their descendents. At the end, before their chambers it was the King and Lilutha, looking happy with each other, that was a rare thing with arranged marriages. Standing before the door, Lilutha clutched her old friends are tightly. "It will be all right Your Highness." Smiling in thanks, the Queen opened the door and stepped inside, shutting it behind her. She waited quietly, her back against the door.

Hethurin got up out of his chair where he'd been waiting patiently. "Sweetheart, there's so much that I need to tell you, but I just don't know how to say it." stated the Elf as he slowly walked towards his wife. "Everything that's happened... to be happy with you for me does not mean having an heir, my duty to our people as king is to keep them happy, and they are happy, an heir, son or daughter, means nothing to me, the only thing that matters to me on this entire continent is seeing you happy." He said now close enough to pull her into a gentle embrace, "Come what may, you are everything and the only thing I always have and will care about, I just hope you know that." he said softly.

Xaei (Iotah)04/26/2018
Lilutha looked up through her lashes, hearing his footsteps get closer and closer toward her, it made the hair on the back of her neck stand up, her body tense. His words were warm, gentle and so sincere. She knew he meant it, every word. The elf sighed heavily, exhaled ash. "None of that matters. I am a Queen. We were set to be married, with the promise of heirs... I... It's not even what is upsetting me!" She exlaimed, pushing him back away from her. "I can't take it anymore. I bare a child, only to lose it a few months later. Three times! I've lost hope. You don't understand. The pain. It takes so much out of me. People are asking about my absences. I hear their whispers, I'm not deaf nor stupid. I know what they must thing. We've been married over one hundred years, and yet..." Her head would hang while her hands rest on her stomach. "I can't take loosing them, over and over again... I just... I wanted a child so bad, but I can't..." The Queen pursed her lips, she couldn't say anymore, tears pouring down her cheeks. "I-I ca-can't..."

Hethurin Naruga04/27/2018
Hethurin pulled her back into his arms. "we will find a way darling, we always do." he whispered stroking her back softly, they stood there for what could have been hours, but it generally felt like nothing, because when he held her in his arms, time in his mind stood still, just as it always had. Pulling back a little, het rubbed her shoulders and smiled, staring, hoping to catch a glimpse of her soft embers, just as he always did. "do you remember how we used to terrorize the guards?"(edited)

Xaei (Iotah)04/27/2018
Her forehead leaned against his chest, and eventually her arms wrapped tightly around his waist. "I'm done finding a way, I'm useless. No matter what I try, remedies, postions, sacrifices, magic, it's not worked. Why are the Gods doing this to me? I have always been good, faithful to them, to you. Why are they betraying me like this?" She felt his warm hands on her shoulders and she raised her head, looking up in his eyes with tars streaming down her cheeks. "What does terrorizing the guards have anything to do with my inability to have children, Heth?" Her head turned away from him, and her gaze thus so, looking off in a random direction as she tried to hold back from crying more.

He turned her head back to face him gently, we have no idea what the gods have in store for us, if you will be willing to try again.. I will personay consult fhe sisters." he said before stroking her cheek softly. "and i will here no more of this nonsense about you being useless." the king stated in a crisp tone, his words were stern on the matter, but full of truth for he did not care for what the original promise of their arranged marriage was, none of that mattered to him as it would to most.(edited)

Xaei (Iotah)04/27/2018
She shut her eyes tightly, turning her head away from his gentle touch upon her cheek. "You cannot speak for the Gods, but it is obvious this is not going to happen. A hundred years and nothing, except for miscarrages that I cannot bear to endure anymore." His stern words, they hurt. She wanted to believe him, but she'd lost faith. Lilutha pushed her hands against his chest, stepping into him. Reaching behind her, she grabbed the handle of the door. "I'm sorry, I cannot do this right now..." Opening the door she slipped out of his reach, shutting it quickly behind her and hurried down the hallway, to where she might hide for a while.

Heth turned around flinging a near by table to the side, sending it into a near by wall. Hearing the commotion Castien rushed in having to ignore chasing Lilutha down, it was obvious to the guard that the King was upset that there was nothing he could do for his wife in this situation, and Castien knew exactly how much it bothered him. Hethurin always got like this when he was faced with a situation where lil was upset and he couldn’t help, Cas had seen it so many times before. “M’lord...” he said calmly as he watched the king stride towards the door.

“If there is anything that can be done, I’m sure that I will find the answer from the sisters.” Hethurin replied, the dedication in his voice worried his long time friend.

“Are you sure this is a good idea? You don’t always think things through when you get like-“ but he was cut off by The king.

“Get like what Castien? Angry because something up there thinks Lilutha and I were happy for too long? That my wife should suffer these indignities only because she wants to bear a child?” He nearly shouted at the Elf whom remained silent as he watched Hethurin walk out the door after opening it. “I am going to have an audience with the sisters, follow me at your own peril Castien.” And with that the door closed.

Jesse Morson04/27/2018
At that moment, Baralineth hadn't yet gathered herself together mentally, neglecting to leave the castle in exchange for an opportunity tonmeander the tall, dark hallways pondering questions she deemed important, as she typically did up in the temple.

Unfortunately however, this meandering has once more put her in someone else's path, her sister-in-law's path. Snapping out of her daze just in time to not get trampled by the Queen she calls out, "Hey Lilutha- I mean Queen Lilutha! Do you have a moment?" Her left arm flies out, generally aimed in the Queen's direction, but not close enough to touch her.

Xaei (Iotah)04/27/2018
Nearly tripping over her feet, she almost fell into Bara, if not for her startling her and she stumbled backwards, catching herself against the nearby wall. "Bara! Wh-What are you doing down here? This... This area of the castle is dangerous, you should not be down here." Lilutha looked around, down the different halls to see if anyone might have followed her sister-inlaw down here. Catching her breath, she walked over to th window at the end of the hall, it was open and it looked out onto the castle grounds, the smell of brimstone was strong in the air, with a warm wind. "I'm sorry, Bara. You just caught me off guard. You should go back upstairs." She gave her sister-inlaw and reassuring smile.

Jesse Morson04/27/2018
"I'm really not sure how I got here. I was just kind of walking and thinking. I'm less concerned about the danger, as much as I am concerned about your wellbeing. I couldn't help but notice you and my brother seemed quite stressed earlier. Do you need to talk about something? I'm a priestess, and your sister." Baralineth asks her sister-in-law, frowning gently as she approaches proper speaking distance. She offers the woman a calm, reassuring smile, genuinely willing to listen.

Xaei (Iotah)04/27/2018
Lilutha gave a small laugh, her sister-inlaws care was touching. The Queen had learned to hide her emotions, most of the time but after everything, seclusion was easier than a false smile. "It was just some political stuff. We banged heads when it came to an idea, to better the Kingdom..." Looking out the window, her expression became blank. "Talking won't fix anything, he thinks it will but we've tried everything. I now know, that it is simply just not meant to happen... The political stuff, I mean..." She sighed heavily, Lilutha didn't like lying to her, but how could she be honest about being dysfunctional? Crossing her arms over her chest, she leant over the balcony, down to the courtyard. After a short while, she turned to face her friend, family. "The truth is... In those times that I spent by myself, sick in my chambers... I had a miscarrage... Several of them. We have tried many times, but every time I reach through half the pregnancy... They... Die... My sickness was caused by the repercussions of... Disposing..." She turned her head away, covering her mouth with her hand, unable to say anymore as she started to cry again.

Jesse Morson04/27/2018
"Oh... Dearest sister, I'm sorry." Baralineth says, frowning as she comes up next to her sister in law, wrapping an arm around her. "Is there anything I can do?" She asks, looking down the balcony alongside Lilutha. She gently rubs her sister's back, hoping to comfort the Queen. "Maybe i can appeal to the sisters for you. Surely they'll help."
April 28, 2018

Xaei (Iotah)04/28/2018
Lilutha leant into her sister-inlaws embrace and sighed heavily, wiping away her tears with the palm of her hand. "I do not know what can be done. I have tried a lot of things, ointments, potions, even sacrifices and prayers. Nothing has worked so far. Heth... He-He is going to The Sisters... To ask them why it is happening. I do not know what it will do, but it is the only thing we have not tried. Maybe... Just maybe they wil have answers. I hope..." She said, trying to convince herself, more than she was Bara.

Jesse Morson04/28/2018
"Fuck me, he's on his way up there?" Baralineth asks, her face going pale as can be. "Lilutha, i'm sorry but we'll need to talk more about this later, in a more private setting. I have to go beg the sisters to not smite our king. I fear he's about to do something very, very, very stupid." She says, frowning gently as she squeezes her sister in law just a tad before releasing her grip. She gently grabs her sister's shoulder once with her left hand, squeezing it once before she starts to run, sprinting as fast as she can for the temple, praying that she'd make it in time to plead for his life.

Xaei (Iotah)04/28/2018
"I am not sure if he is going there right now, but-" Bara cut her off and she frowned at her sudden urgency to leave. "I do not understand, what could he do?" She asked quickly, while Bara conforted her one last time, before disappearing down the hall. "Bara?!" She called after her, would have run after her, if it meant she didn't have to confront the people in the castle. "Damnit..." With a loud huff, she left the window she was standing at, and without being seen she snuck into the library, where she might hide in the fantasy world of a book, trying not to worry on what might be about to happen.

Hethurin Naruga04/28/2018
Hethruin reached the top of the steps and made his way across the rim and to the obsidian bridge, his face was twisted with frustration, his cloak blowing in the heated wind. With his tunnel vision, the quarter of a mile walk across the bridge seemed to take no time at all, soon he was upon the heavy doors crafted from lava rock which he shoved open all most with rage fueled ease. The Priests and Priestess' stopped dead in their tracks, it had been many a year since cell they'd seen the king set foot in the temple, and the look on his face did not put their minds at ease, the thin crowd parted as he strode through the temple, flinging open the doors to the divine chamber. As the elf crossed the threshold of the dark room, the doors slam shut behind do him leaving him engulfed in the blackness of the inner sanctum. A moment later the braziers lit almost by themselves and flame shot across the floor in small crevices as he slowly made his way further in. Once the pattern in the floor was completely afire two voices filled the temple.

"King Hethurin Naruga, son of Aendaer, what warrants this unscheduled visit!?" The voices called out.

"It has been a hundred years, my wife's children still die in the womb for no reason! I came for answers!" Hethurin called back, and just as quickly as the words left his mouth two slender figures made of heated rock and flame were in the young King's face.

"And why would you think that we would have anything to do with such misfortune boy king?" They asked in unison, the raspy echoes in their voices now more apparent, "For centuries we have kept up to our end, only for a mere child to barge in and disturb our rest with such... blatant accusations on matters of which we have nothing to do with, why?"(edited)
Taking a deep breather, the King composed himself before Annúngilel and Dinenil, thinking of his next words before he spoke them. "Please.." Hethurin asked dropping to his hands and knees, bowing his head before the sisters. "Please tell me what I must do, w-we can no longer handle the suffering that the loss has put upon us!" He pleaded, eyes welling up with tears.

"On your feet, for we will not continue conversation with a king who is sniveling like a scared child!" They ordered, and just like that Hethurin was back to his feet, and the sister's continued, "the answers you seek are the end to a curse bestowed upon your bloodline by the Warlock Samar, carrying hatred in his heart for your father's execution of his only son. If you do wish to see your wife bear children, you will bring us the warlocks head, and we will help you despite your.. intrusion.."

Hethurin bowed his head, "it shall be done, I am most great full for the kindness and mercy you have shown me on this day."

Just as the stone doors flew open, a rush of wind filled the sanctum blowing out the fires, and once more the king was alone, he knew what must be done now, it was time for Samar to suffer.(edited)
Jesse Morson04/28/2018
Just in time to have missed literally everything Baralineth sprints into the temple, panting like a bitch in heat, her muscles aching from the run.

"WHERE IS THE KING? I DEMAND TO KNOW!" Baralineth bellows as loud as her burning lungs will allow, looking between the other priests & priestesses, glaring at them until one of them points in the direction he had run in. Once more she spurs herself into a sprint, screaming insults at every single person she passes. She would continue to sprint as fast as she could until she abruptly comes to a stop, smacking her face directly into the chest of the man she'd come to save. She bounces off of him and on to the floor, gasping and struggling to breath as she tries to regain enough breath to speak, her chest rising and falling faster than her feet had carried her(edited)

Hethurin looked down to his sister, both stood in the dim light that shone in from the open doors. "The answers I seek lie in the curse bestowed upon this family by Samar..." Hethurin said, a flicker of fire light flashing through his Ember hues, "go inform my Queen that our troubles have nearly come to a close." With that said, Hethurin proceeded back down to the castle, running into Castien whom had been waiting in the courtyard.

"I've heard the whispers of the guards and scouts, put out a summons for the one called Death's Grave Digger, she is to not be touched by the guards, she is to appear before me of her own free will, tell the scouts to spread word that the crown has a favour to ask."

Castien knew better than to ask questions, he simply nodded, bowed, and followed his orders.(edited)

Odd Viking Studios04/28/2018
With the reading that the new-ish queen had been doing lately, the city was more structured than it had been in the past ten or so years. There were guidelines and laws to follow as well as punishments for those who went against them, but Vostra had an overall sense of "do whatever you want" that remained distinctive. Small, well-hidden dens were established throughout Valeria and some trade was taking place, allowing the name of Death's Grave Digger to spread in fear and whispered bar-talk. How it had reached the words of the royals Sephiria had no idea, and when a young Fire Elf requested access to the castle on behalf of Braidwood, it caused her to instantly bristle. That damned man-child she'd taken some years back was surely coming to bite her in her pale ass. When the scout had entered the city, two Drow guards heard him out and then sent a messenger out to the vampire. This prevented any unforeseen accidents, and was the way that all guests of the castle were dealt with. Sephiria had been reading at the time in the throne room out of pure boredom, droning in a sarcastic tone to herself the words of the historical text, when the being approached her. The messenger was like the rest, a lesser demon, that had the appearance of a midget naga.
"There is a guesssssssssssst on behalf of Hethurinnnnnn," the creature rasped, causing the woman's silver pupil-less eyes to shift up from the tome. She nodded for the being to continue, and it spoke again. "He wishessss to speak with you personally. It is of great importanccccce, for the one they call Death'sssss Grave Digger." The last bit was almost ground out in a malicious tone, and the vampire grinned sadistically. Snapping the book shut, she stood.
"Send him in."

The young Fire Elf slowly entered the room and stopped a good distance from the throne, it was out of respect that he came no closer without explicit permission. "I bring word from King Hethurin Naruga, the guards and other scouts have been specifically instructed to not lay a hand on you by threat of execution... My King has a favour to ask of you, and he shall grant you one in return, he is waiting to hear from you, should you accept."

View user profile https://www.delaroseroleplay.com

2 Re: Logs of the Events within Braidwood on Fri Nov 02 2018, 19:25

Anaya

Admin
Admin

When the man came into view she raised an eyebrow. It had been a long time since she'd seen a fire elf. Sephiria heard him out, her expression unchanged for the moment as she folded her clawed hands in front of her. When he'd finished, she stepped toward him, the pad of her bare feet the softest sound in the room, and as she was mere inches from him she lifted her hand to cup his slender face. "Even if you should lay a hand on me, boy, you would not live...unless it is a hand that deals pleasure. Even then, you would not live through it even as I stand before you in purity." A demented chuckle rose from her throat as she released his face, and she walked around him in a circle, examining his frame. "If I do attend this audience, being granted this immunity would do naught to stop me in my tasks should I find someone of particular interest for my...necessary experiments." With that, she snapped her fingers as she turned away from him, shadow seemingly coming from every dark corner of the room. Illusionary magic hung in the air as her simple black gown was replaced with one befitting a royal court, an onyx gemmed circlet dangling from her forehead and a fur capulet upon her shoulders. She pulled a pair of cloves out from between her breasts and slid them over her clawed hands, waving for the man to lead the way.

With a simple node the elf lead her out. "It's merely a show of good faith, no one for miles doubt your abilities from the stories that have been told." The young scout gulped as he lead her on the way to the castle, navigating the tunnels off his short term recollection of the direction he came. As they entered Braidwood, doors and shutters slammed shut, guards took detours, and the scout took a deep breath as they reached the steps. "Just this way he stated as calmly as he could manage." Starting his somewhat hasty ascent, it was apparent that he ecumenical more terrified the longer he was in her presence.

After a while, the pair reached the great Hall and all its artistic beauty, guards opening doors for them until they reached the Throne Room where Hethurin was sitting atop the obsidian throne. "M'lord, I have brought The one known as Death's Grave Digger just as you've asked of me. He didn't even wait to be dismissed, he simply ran off slamming the door behind him.

The entire time that they walked, not once did she bother with shoes. A connection to the earth beneath her, she called it. They would only get in the way. What was funny to her during the journey was how the young elf seemed rightfully terrified to be near her. Observing his gait as they arrived in Braidwood and ascended the stairs, she waited until they were just about at the door when she rested a light but cold hand on his shoulder. She leaned against his ear, practically purring the words with a roughened growl to punctuate. "You'll have to tell me these stories sometime."

She watched him then take off after they were brought to the Throne Room, stifling a dark chuckle for a moment before turning her steely void gaze to Hethurin. "So, young King Hethurin Naruga...this...request. I take it I've no choice in the matter, lest my pardon be forgotten on the winds?" The words were dripping in sarcasm, but also feeling for just how he would react to her presence alone. Her tone was a different matter entirely; for now, she needed to see if he would even be worth helping.

Hethurin got up from his throne, the flame of dedication shone in his gaze as he approached the woman. "No, no, if you chose so you'd be free to leave as if nothing going ever happened; however, I feel this favour would be perfect for someone of your particular talents. A curse has been put upon my family by the Warlock named Samar, if you'd do me the favour of bringing him here, so that the curse may be lifted, I'd owe you a favour in return." The king stated, he then continued on with the story and reason he'd called for her. "You are the only one I know to go to for matters such as these, I implored you to help my queen... Please." There was a certain amount of sincerity in his voice as he spoke.

Given the look in the man's eyes combined with what he said about a curse, she could sense that there was more to the story than it simply being 'a curse on the family'. "Why does it affect naught but your wife? Is she barren?" The question was blunt, but necessary. It would prove to give her a reason to go after such a being, as fighting a warlock would not be easy - even for herself. "If so...if this Samar has caused her to lose the life in her womb...I request the explicit permission to torment him into a slow death. You shall have his head, and vengeance combined. I do not stand for such...despicable acts." The last part was growled out, the floor trembling a little as she lost a bit of temper control. It calmed as she did, and she looked him in the eye again. "Regardless, I'll take care of it. You've done me a service in ridding me of my pesky record, so this is my thanks. As for the request I would make of you after I return, we shall see what comes up."

He nodded, for a hundred years she's lost our children due to the curse, it was set so that anyone child that I make will suffer the same fate, you may do as you please with him so long as his head is returned to me, and that favour you will ask, shall be yours after the ritual that the sisters will perform, you have my word." Hethurin said extending his hand to her, "I thank you."

When the vampire heard talk of miscarriages due to a curse that had lasted for a hundred years, he would witness her silver orbs shift slowly into crimson - remaining without pupils. It was a disturbing change when combined with the fact that any flame that was near her would rise like the lash of a bullwhip, and the obsidian beneath her sustained small surface cracks. The sound was sharp and unwelcome on the ears, but it bothered Sephiria little. When his hand extended to hers, it took all that she had not to crush it in her grip as she shook it firmly. "He dies," were the only words from her mouth before she turned away from him and walked toward the door. Her voice, had she spoken to anyone but Hethurin, would have probably given them such terror that it would drive them to minor madness.

After watching her leave with his hands clasped together in front of him, Hethurin returned to his throne, a satisfied grin beginning to cross his lips as he began to toy with his magical focus once more in silent contemplation of exactly what events would transpire once she'd caught Samar, it didn't truly matter how she did it, he just wanted the Elf to suffer for his misdeeds. The king felt a surge of great joy and excitement as it finally felt as if things were starting to work out for the better.

Castien leaned to the side and whispered to Hethurin, "I wish a thousand lifetimes of suffering on this... Samar.."

"Oh, I'm sure she will see that he endear more than that, I can feel it." The Elf muttered in response.
April 29, 2018

Odd Viking Studios04/29/2018
The moment that Sephiria was out of Braidwood, she reached out through her mental link to the lesser demons she had summoned to help her for many things. “Find the elf known as Samar...he is my target,” Was the message that was broadcast, and out of a cave two miles to the east of the base of Mt. Naruga spilled a torrent of black, gnarling creatures out toward every compass direction. She closed her eyes and waited, as she knew these were the best trackers she owned in Vostra. One hour passed, and she grew impatient – but she did not have to wait for long. The scream of a hundred scouts came from the direction of the north, and a grin curled on the vampire's face. Found you.

-That Night-
Samar sat before his desk scribing away some notes from an ancient text, annoyed and perplexed. He simply could not translate it, no matter what he attempted. As he muttered several curses beneath his breath, the sound of tapping against his bedside window was faint upon his pointed ears. The man, now old and barely mobile, stood with a wobble and moved the curtain...only to find nothing. He snarled, muttering something about “damnable trees” before trudging his way to his desk once more. However on the parchment he'd been writing on lay a new stain that had not been there – deep, dark and iron-scented. Blood? This took him by surprise and he jumped back in startle, causing the chair to tip too far back and fall with him in it. To his horror, the shrieks and cries of a thousand dead babies filled the chamber and every flicker of light extinguished, leaving him in total darkness. Knowing this to be the work of some foul magic, Samar -though terrified out of his wits- frantically looked about him as he grabbed at something to use as a weapon. “SHOW YOURSELF!”

“Gladly.”
As he turned to the left he felt a deathly cold hand hold his throat in an unholy grip, cutting off all breath and all ability to make sound, while the eyes of his tormentor blazed back at him. All the while, the screaming of the children never ceased. The man tried to cover his ears but as he moved to do so, without so much as a flinch or show of motion, he felt white-hot pain and warmth spurting from his wrists up. He screamed a horrible blood-curdling shriek of pain that was so restricted by the grip of the visitor that it came out in rasps – a sort of death rattle without the death being inflicted yet. He felt his body being lifted off the ground, the screams of women in childbirth and miscarriage pains mixing with the dying cries of the babes that, it seemed, no one but him could hear. “Warlock Samar,” a vicious and feminine voice ground out before him, as though it were against his very ear yet all around him at the same time. Samar's heart hammered so hard that eventually it went into arrhythmic spasms, quickening and stopping, from terror and lack of oxygen. The room around him was pitch black, the only thing able to be seen were those terrible eyes. Those piercing, accusatory eyes that knew far more than they should. No one would come for him. No one would save him from him.
“You die tonight for your crimes. Regards from House Naruga.”

Gurgling, spattering and ripping with rasping screams for help...and then silence. The fires in the room came alive once more, the parchment he'd been writing on was now blank, and the room was impeccable as though he'd never been in it – and no trace of his body was left. No blood, no scent, no trail. He was gone.(edited)
-Five Hours After Samar's Death-

The doors burst open and guards seemed to follow a hooded figure as it stormed its way into the Throne Room, and a loud collapsing THUD was heard as Sephiria removed a canvas-wrapped bundle from her cloak. It reeked of blood and vomit if picked up, and was tied with a crimson ribbon. She waited for the king to arrive.

Hethurin Naruga04/29/2018
Hethurin made his way I to the Throne Room from a side door, his nose immediately caught the stench, he moved his sleeve up to shield his nose out of reflex. "It is wonderful to see you again, I would ask what this foul odor is; however, I'm quite sure I already know the answer." The Fire Elf stated as he drew closer.

Castien grimaced having seen the woman"'stopped entrance unfold, he too knew the answers to the question of what was causing the stench, he too couldn't help but smile at the thought of what suffering Samar might have endured in his final moments, for Hethurin and Lilutha were like his own children, and he held nothing but malice in his heart for the assumed recently deceased.

"He knew his crimes up until the moment he breathed his last..." came her chilling voice from behind the hood until two gloved hands lowered it, the same silver eyes glazing over the bag with nothing but disgust. "I apologize for the stench...he was a coward in death." She sensed another person in the room and quickly turned, her eyes shifting over to crimson quickly, unprepared for the visitor. Seeing the man's expression, she gave Castien a wicked smile that would turn blood cold. "Nice to see you too."(edited)

Hethurin lowered his sleeve revealing a relieved grin. "You have the thanks of a Braidwood for your deeds." He said nodding to a group of guards who had just entered, they collected the body and began to carry it to the temple. The look she gave Castien sent chills up his spine, but it didn't make him any less thankful.

"Now, what is the favour you would have of me? You have held up your end, it is only fair that I keep to mine just as I promised you before." Stated the young King.

Seeing his relief made her relax a little, approaching the man and resting a hand on his shoulder. "Had I known of this sooner, I would have ended your suffering long ago. I am glad to have done it. As for the favor...it is minor, but something I cannot do on my own." She released him and stepped back, clearing her throat some. "I seek an alliance with the Iron, but I cannot step foot there. I would be an instant target. I am trying to get Vostra to grow and thrive, so that my people may carry on while I attend to important matters of person." Sephiria then paused, thinking. "We have goods that the Dragon would be interested in, actually. Have you heard of pearls?"

"I appreciate it more than there are words, as for The Kingdom of Iron we have yet to hold an audience, If you should accept, an alliance will be drawn between our kingdoms, you will receive a place here in the obsidian district, and I would work post haste on getting you in safe contact with the dragon. Do these terms satisfy you? You have done a great deal for us and it shall be treated as such, answer for pearls, I have only heard rumors."(edited)

"They more than satisfy me. You honor this old woman, Hethurin...if I may call you that. I would even so much as call you friend." She smiled to him, a gentle and genuine expression that he'd never see in other circumstances. She /never/ smiled. For anyone. She turned to Castien and beckoned him forward, allowing him to see the same gentleness that she was capable of. Then she turned back to Hethurin, waiting for Castien to join them. "I wish to meet her."

Hethurin waved to Castien, "Lin and Lilutha and bring them to the Throne Room, our esteemed guest would like to meet them." Just as the words left his mouth, tremors pulsed through the castle as a heavy Arcane energy radiated from the top of Mount Naruga.

"It would appear that the ritual has begun." States the King, Castien had since gone to carry out the orders he'd recieved.

"Tell me, did the deed feel as good as the news did to me Miss...?" It had just now occurred to Hethurin that he did not know the woman's name.(edited)

The tremors caught her off guard and she almost lost her footing, growling in muttered curses as she stared at the ceiling. Damned Goddesses and their obscene power levels. Once she'd composed herself, she chuckled - realizing she hadn't given him her name, even though she'd called him by his. "It's Sephiria. Sephiria Zarkov. And the deed was more than satisfying. Were I not pure in body and unmarried, I would say it was even orgasmic."

Jesse Morson04/29/2018
A few hours prior to the death of the curse-giver, the tremors, and many other things Baralineth suddenly came back to life. Her eyes opened, and she slowly sat up. Once more she was in the temple, but for some reason she wasn't in her bed. No, she was in the floor. "How did I get here?" She asks, blusjing the ash off of herself with a frown.

Like a drunk trying to remember a night of heavy drinking she slowly does her best to remember, pieces coming back to her. She had gone to the castle. She remembered that. She remembered the... "OH FUCK." Baralineth exclaims, fear striking through her body She had finally recalled everything. She jumps up, and immediately starts running. She heads for the castle, intent upon getting to Lilutha. She had a conversation to finish, and she was certain her sister-in-law hadn't heard a word about her husband, and was probably worried sick. She set a personal best as she hauls ass across the bridge, only stopping once she got near the castle, looking up. It looked to her like a few hours had passed, maybe two or three. She runs into the castle, heading for the library, working off the assumption that she'd be able to find the Queen there. She traverses the siblings' childhood home with ease, navigating to where she was pretty sure the new library was.

Xaei (Iotah)04/29/2018
Lilutha had fallen asleep, some time after she began reading a book on the small couch set in the corner of the room, with a fire blazing in the braizer next to her. In her sleep, the flames of the braizer were being manipulated, mimicking the nightmare was having, getting bigger and jagged. She screamed when that very thing she wanted most was ripped from her hands, waking her. Panting, Lil rubbed the sweat off her brow. Could Fire Elves even sweat? In a tired daze, she got up and walked the room a little. Things were quiet, she hadn't heard from her sister-inlaw and she hadn't recieved word from her husband either. Perhaps they were leaving her alone, like she hoped everyone would. There came a knock at the door. "Your Highness?" A small feminine voice called through the wooden frame. "What is it?" Lilutha snapped back. "I-I heard a scream, Your Highness. Is everything all right?" The servant heard footsteps coming from the other side of the door, which opened with a soft creak. The Queen's eyes were glowing red, the candles around the room set with a high blue flame. She was angry. Her long fingers reached for the girls throat and wrapped around it, the servant frozen in place with fear. "When one says, I do not want to be disturbed, I mean it." The servant was a fire elf, just like the Queen but no where near as powerful, nor with as much training as she did. It was made too east when the woman tore open the females neck. "Animal sacrifices just won't cut it. You should do." Lilutha said, while the servant gargled on blood and was soon dead, her body gone limp in the Queen's strong grasp.
It was loud footsteps that diverted her gaze, blood had formed in a pool around her feet, drenching her floor length white dress around the bottom. Her arm that held the girl and her face had splattered blood over it, while her expression was one of someone that was calm, she looked to her sister-inlaw as she ran panting to the doorway. "Hello Bara." The Queen said softly, dropping the girl's now cold and pale corpse to the floor. "If you would not mind, I would like for this creatures blood to be collected, so that I might give it to The Sisters as an offering."

Jesse Morson04/29/2018
Baralineth stops in her tracks, met with one hell of a sight. Her eyes travel all over the dress her sister-in-law's wearing. "Uh, sure, but what blood? Did you kill her? What did I miss? And your husband is alive. I think that means he struck a deal witht he sisters. He stormed out of the temple hours ago. "Wait, is that your blood?" She asks, frowning as she looks back up to the queen's eyes. "What happened, did you cut yourself or something? Jesus christ." She asks, coming close to her sister-in-law, concern filling her(edited)

Xaei (Iotah)04/29/2018
With a slight tilt of her head, Lilutha smile. "He's alive? That's wonderful." She said plainly. Bara's expression and response made her laugh, it was almost sadistic. "Cut myself, by The Sisters, no. I am making a sacrifice to them, and this girl happily oblidged to be that sacrifice. Brave little thing, really. Her blood will be given to them, so that it might fix my... Problem. Animals did not seem to be enough." She said, walking to the side to reveal the corpse, while Lilutha reached for a blanket on the back of the chair to wipe the blood off her hands. "I think I might go and take a bath, I would not want to appear to my husband in such a mess. Do not forget, bring me the blood so I might give it as an offering, and dispose of the body in whatever way you see fit." She ordered in a stern voice, and left the room to go to her chambers, on the way she commanded a maid prepare her a bath.

Jesse Morson04/29/2018
Baralineth sighs, getting up. She slips out of the room, heading for the nearest supply closet. She grabs some towels, slipping out of the closet. She returns to the room, opening her satchel. It was disgustingly frequent how often she was asked to do collection work, blessings, and other things. She'd gotten used to it, carrying a bag of supplies for such an occasion. She begins the tedious work of collecting enough blood for a sacrifice. She then says a quiet prayer, hoping that the girl finds peace. Next the priestess stands, slipping out of the room to find a guard. She politely orders a guard to dispose of a body, frowning as she does. "Please treat her with kindness and respect, she deserves peace."

Jesse Morson04/29/2018
Baralineth then takes herself a seat in the hallway, her ass on the floor and her back against the wall. She sighs, looking around the corridoor as the guard walks off to preform the task she'd asked of him. She closes her eyes, intent upon mediating until the new day started or someone came to find her. She takes a breath, and soon she's off in the world of dreams, the tremors would happen later in the day, but she had no knowlage of their coming, sleeping peacefully until she was needed again

Xaei (Iotah)04/29/2018
Lilutha needed a hot bath, it always helped calm her down. She even ordered a servant to give her a shoulder massage, while eating grapes. "Where is my sister-inlaw?" The Queen asked her subjects, but neither could give the answer she wanted. The one that wasn't a Fire Elf, but a human, recieved a small fireball through her chest, taking out her heart, from the flame of a candle for her lack of information, which made one of them run off to try and find the King's sister.
After her bath, Lilutha was dressed in a white, almost transparent robe which was tied around her waist, feet left bare and her long orange/red hair tied up in a loose bun. "Where might my husband be?" - "In the throne room, You Highness." They both whom had been left alive answered quickly. "Very well, I suppose I have made him wait long enough. Have Bara bring me the blood I had aquired to the throne room." She ordered, the two servants left and she made her way to the King.
On her way to the throne room, she bumped into her trusted advisor and friend Castian. "Your Higness! I have been looking all over the castle for you. Why was there a blood stain in the library? Were you hurt?" Lilutha smiled. "No, not I. I simply added a sacrifice to The Sisters in a hopes it might fix what is wrong with me. Bara should have disposed of the body by now, however the blood is still required, which she holds. Might you go find her for me? My servants were useless in that. Oh, there is a dead servant in my chambers, would you also go clean that up for me please? Thank you." - "Yes, Your Hig-" He was cut off by the Queen's absence, as she had walked away while he answered her.
In the throne room, she saw her husband standing and talking with a woman. "My King." Lilutha said, bowing before him slightly, to then join him by his side. Her arm looped through his and she clung to him, pressing her body up against his, her breasts pressed against his arm. "What is this creature doing here, husband?" She asked him, her typical ember eyes shining a bright red.(edited)

"It would appear that our misfortune was caused by a Warlock's curse, and our newest friend, Miss Sephiria Zarkov set out to remedy the problem for us by bringing his corpse. The sisters are currently dipping into the energy of Mount Naruga to undo the work of the recently deceased." He turned to his wife taking her into a tight embrace. "Our troubles are nearly over my darling, you haven't a thing to worry about any longer." He said resting his cheek atop her head.

"Sephiria, once more, I cannot find the words to thank you enough. For you have done house Naruga a great service, and now we may rest easy." The king spouted in a calm tone.

3 Re: Logs of the Events within Braidwood on Fri Nov 02 2018, 19:27

Anaya

Admin
Admin
The vampire had waited in silence, the feeling of tension very slight in her mind as even though she stood in a place that was of decent distance from her own home, she could feel her threshold being breached. Two people had come to her castle and managed to do so without alarming the guard...interesting. She'd attend to them in time, once this was finished and she could feel that all was well. The scent of blood tickled her nose and her fangs grew under her lips, freshly spilled. Elven. Someone had killed nearby. She feigned a cough and lowered her head in order to regain her senses, covering her mouth with one of her slender gloved hands.

When the suspected queen arrived and clung to Hethurin in love, at first she rose her head to offer a gentle smile before bowing. However, halfway into the bow, the tall woman froze solid at being called a creature. One could almost /feel/ her skin bristle with irritation at the word, but she said nothing as she came up to face them again with naught but the sweetest expression. So sweet, that one could say it was sickly. To the King's words she nodded, bowing her head lightly once more, and she chuckled as the man thanked her for a third or fourth time.

"As I said, no need. Once I heard of the disgusting results of the curse, I wished to end him out of my own free will. You honor me with your kindness." After saying this, she took the moment to rest her hand on the queen's shoulder - eyes on her own crimson orbs, staring in them as an equal. Unafraid. "As for you, my fellow Queen, I hope you bear many children in health. Should you need me again, you need only ask."

Jesse Morson04/29/2018
Baralineth was woken from her slumber by a guard. She looks up in the guards' direction, frowning as she's woken. "Yes? How can I help you? I'm needed in the throne room? Fine, go tell them i'll be there in a few minutes. I just need a moment." She says back up at the guard. She waves him off, standing with a grunt. She looks up at the ceiling, expecting to see the sky, before remembering she's inside the castle. She brushes her pants off, then begins a brisk walk toward the throne room. She was needed there, likely to contribute the blood to the cerimony.

She is soon enough right outside the throneroom doors, blocked by two guards. "Guys, mind stepping out of the way? Queen Lilutha has asked me to bring her a little something to aide in a ceremony. Yep, so if you could let me through, i'd appreciate it." She says, crossing her arms as the doors are pushed open for her, revealing the overly tense scene contained inside. She steps through the doors, opening her bag and pulling out the blood she'd been ordered to collect. "Here it is, Queen Lilutha, the blood you asked for."

Xaei (Iotah)04/29/2018
Lilutha looked between her husband and the woman, her face twisted with annoyance. She wondered what had led her to help them, how long was she gone from his side for? Enough for them to...? With a soft snarl she turned her head away. "Plenty of thanks. How quaint. Well, if that will be all a guard will see you out." The Queen had not noticed that the Vampire had approached her, a look of distaste fell over her face and she shrugged her touch away. "I doubt that will need you again." Lilutha's attention was diverted when Bara had finally appeared. "At last! What took you so long?" She said, walking over to her briskly, taking the contents of blood from her sister-inlaw. "Even if the curse is lifted, it will still be a suitable sacrifice. You disposed of the body, I hope? I do dislike the smell of rotting flesh." She quizzed the fellow Fire Elf, while studying the red liquid.

Jesse Morson04/29/2018
"I needed a few minutes to myself. I know it's a strange thing to say, but I don't enjoy drawing blood from dead girls. It took me some time to get finished with, beloved sister-in-law." She says, frowning gently. She offers up everything she has, nodding. "And yes I took care of the body, i asked one of the guards to bury her with some respect. " the priestess replies, frowning.

"Greetings brother, I take it all went well for you? Is the curse gone now?" Baralineth asks, hope filling her. Hopefully, if the curse was gone Lilutha might calm down, and life for her could go back to being normal.

"Oh, and how rude of me. Greetings, I'm Baralineth, and it's a pleasure to meet you." She adds, looking at the woman. She bows, giving her a polite smile.

Silence, and a blank expression took the smile from the woman slowly. Her touch had been shrugged away, as she somewhat expected given the aura of absolute irritation she was presenting. When Lilutha dismissed her a dark and foul mood began to brew; it seemed that, at least in the vampire's opinion, being childless had turned the queen into quite the vicious shrew. However, she was sure it would change with time. More footsteps and the strong odor of blood neared her, causing her eyes to shift to crimson so quickly that it almost blink-like. The vampire recoiled and covered her mouth, her breath slightly heavier and her slow-beating heart picking up a pace.

Then, Sephiria saw /her/. Heard her voice. Baralineth.

Almost as soon as it came, her hunger faded and her composure came back but with a tenderness that hadn't been there before. It was like watching a frozen corpse melt slowly before one's eyes as she simply stared. Did she not remember? The being took a tentative step forward, facing Baralineth, then lowered herself to one knee and took her hand, placing her soft blackened lips against the woman's warm skin. "It is my honor, Lady Baralineth. I am Sephiria Minnelli Zarkov, ruler of Vostra. The pleasure is all mine."

Jesse Morson04/29/2018
Baralineth blushes, quite, quite unused to being treated with such kindness. "Well, Queen Sephiria Zarkov, if it's your title. there's no need to be so sweet. Please, stand with us." She says, a little uncertain as to what title to use with the woman. Lin lifts up gently on Sephiria's hand, leaning over far enough to kiss the woman's hand back. She whispers as quiet as she can, praying Sephiria can hear her. "I remember." She couldn't help but appreciate being treated well, a stark contrast from her sister-in-law, and as of today, her brother.

Xaei (Iotah)04/29/2018
Lilutha snarled again at the interaction between Bara and the creature. "You heard her, she was leaving. And her services will no longer be needed here, so say your farewells now and let her be on her way." The Queen said, her back turned to the both of them. It was a sickening sight, she didn't care to look upon it any longer. Her pointed ears twitched at Bara's whispered words and she snarled again. With her hands clenched into fists. "Remember what, exactly? Am I missing something here?" She said, looking between the Vampire, Bara and her husband with an accusing look.(edited)

Sephiria gave Lilutha a cold, foreboding look that would normally silence anyone else - but it probably had little effect on the Queen, considering she was already pissed off. Then, without blinking or showing any sign of fear, she cupped Baralineth's face gently and clasped her cool lips against hers. She'd heard very clearly what the woman had whispered, and this was her answer. After doing so, she stroked her cheek with a gloved thumb and turned from them all, making her way out of the castle in silence. It was then that she headed for Vostra, as it was time to tend to the more pressing matter of intruders...one of which being someone she had a few tense words for.

Jesse Morson04/29/2018
Baralineth watches as Sephiria glares at the queen. She then happily kisses back, pressing her lips against those of the unnerving vampire queen. She parts her lips, happily accepting the kiss. She wraps her arms tight around Sephiria, squeezing her. She holds on for the duration of the kiss, her body weak under Sephiria's hands. When the better half of the kiss parts from it she lets out a quiet groan, grabbing and holding onto Sephiria's hand.

Xaei (Iotah)04/30/2018
Lilutha snarled at their interaction, her eyes turned a bright blue also. And then the creature was gone, within a few seconds she was calm again. The corner of her lips turned into a soft, devious smile. "Well then. Now that is over with, shall we return to the issue at hand." She said, playing with the vial of blood. "I have an idea on what to do with it, but it requires a gentle hand, and some assistance, would you mind aiding me, Bara?" Thinking for a moment, she tried to remember where her book of rituals was. "I can use the blood to make a balm, to rub on my stomach before... Intimacy." She'd say quite plainly, her cheeks blushing softly. "I will need a few ingredients, which I should already have." Her mood had changed as quickly as the wind, bubbling with excitement. Her eyes had changed, doning her typical glowing ember. "And if this does not work... Well I am sure we can find other sacrifices..." The Queen said with a flash of blue in her eyes.
May 1, 2018

Anaya05/01/2018
A old male begger sat outside the door clinging to a black pendent on a string when the stranger walked past him. He got up all hushed and ran over to the person abruptly grasping the hands of the person and shoveing the black pendent into there fingers. His old shadowed eyes looked at her as he nodded his head "one day you will know what to do with this dont lose it ever if you are found in the time you need it and dont have it your world will end my child" he then turned around and bolted away pushing past a guard and running off into the distance like a crazy person. (person my npc game item to was sephiria. Item was black wyvern shaped pendent with bright green eyes. Magical propertys unknown is locked for time being has no aura no way to sense abilitys to everyone it is just a trinket)

Odd Viking Studios05/01/2018
As the woman drew up her hood after leaving the threshold of the castle, she could hear the faint footsteps of someone trying quite hard to sneak up on her. Out of curiosity, and mostly due to the softened mood she was in, Sephiria simply let the man grasp her hands and felt something solid being shoved into them. She turned, overlooking his shadowed visage, raising an eyebrow at his words as he spoke of whatever it was she'd had placed into her gloved hands. He bolted away and she shook her head, figuring him to be a simple madman, and looked down to see what it was that he'd given her. It was some sort of bauble shaped in the form of a wyvern, as onyx as her very attire with emerald green eyes that attracted both her curiosity and her unease. There was something to it, something more, but whatever it was...she couldn't really tell. Sephiria placed the trinket in between her cleavage, as it was really the only place she could put it without being around her neck, and resumed her journey through the districts of Braidwood. She'd have to look more closely at it later.

Jesse Morson05/03/2018
Baralineth nods gently, still recovering from the shock of having been kissed off her feet. "Mhm. That shouldn't be hard...." She says, looking over to her sister-in-law. She gazes at the woman, watching her with a gentle smile. Taking note in the vigor returning to her sister's eyes, she's brought back to reality, only to realize she'd be asked to make this balm, and hopefully she wouldn't have to apply it. Surely her sister would understand she'd want no part in assisting the two of them have sex. "I'll help you create the balm, but i'm sure you'll understand that I'm not much interested in helping you apply it when you'll uh, need it." She says, looking up at the seemingly renewed woman. "If I wasn't afraid of being executed, i'd say you looked excited sister." Baralineth states, staring up at her sister with a smile, pleasantly surprised. She folds her arms, looking up at the Queen, her stance one to indicate she was in a cheerier than typical mood.

Hethurin Naruga05/20/2018
It had been around a week since Hethurin had turned a blind eye to Lins actions with the undead woman. It made him sick, and angered his wife; however, he figured it was a small price to pay for the curse being broken, though what would happen next would spark a rage like no other in his heart.

Castien came into the throne room with a grim expression bumping into Hethurin just as he was leaving. The King knew something was troubling his 'father' Castien composed himself producing a scroll just small enough to be flown in by a bird. "a message for Lady Baralineth m'lord, im sorry for reading it, but you need to see this." the elf whispered to his king.

Upon reading the letter, Hethurins anger boiled, the fire from the braziers shot up and the older elf flinched. "you were right to bring this to my attention Castien... Sister or not, that harlot will pay for her trespass against this family." he said storming off to find his wife, scroll clenched in his fist

Xaei (Iotah)05/22/2018
A week had gone so quickly, and it had been a few days since Lilutha finally emerged from her chambers, that she shared with Hethurin, after nights spent... Well, trying to do what they had spent the last 100 years trying to achieve. Not enough time had passed yet to tell, but a part of her knew. The Fire Elf sat with her feet up, resting on a lounge in front of a warm fire, a glass of orange juice in one hand, and a book in another, minding her own business from the typical castle scene.

A maid walked over with a frightened expression. "Your Highness, do you need a refill of your glass?" She asked the Queen, who looked to see that her glass was indeed empty. "Yes please dear." Lilutha had gained quite the reputation over the past few weeks, having killed a number of her subjects and threatened a numerous amount of others, so she was not surprised that the girl was scared of her. With an outstretched arm, the Queen of Braidwood held up her glass to the female, and smiled as she watched her fill it. "Thank you." Her mood had considerably improved, a lot of their people could tell, but it didn't stop them from being careful around her.

Word had reached her, from the mouths of one of her 'little birds', that the King was looking for her, and as she was in the library this would probably be the first place he looked for her. So, she waited where she was, but stood in the middle of the room, book put away on its shelf and and her glass set down on the nearby table. If he was looking for her, despite their arrangement of keeping her away from the troubles of court life, it must be bad news.

Hethurin Naruga05/23/2018
It wasn't too long after that one of the Queen's 'little birds' had left, that Hethurin arrived in the Library slamming the door behind him. "Insolent greedy little rats the lot of them!" he shouted, though his shouting wasn't directed at LIlutha. He handed his wife the scroll of paper with a fist shaking from anger, the FIre Elf was outraged by the betrayal that he'd witnessed and it was once again clear that he wasn't thinking straight. "After all we have done for that little Harlot, she goes and does something like this, we have shown her nothing but kindness since I took the throne, and now... now... that... wretch that came in to help us could just live with all she'd been given for helping us. No, no, no, no she had to have more didn't she?" he said stroming across the room, where he leaned against a book shelf rubbing his temples. "I'm going to kill that harlot darling, I don't care if she's my sister, I don't care that she's an elder sibling, she has betrayed our kindness and trust, and I want her dealt with as a common criminal!"

His rant didn't really give his wife much time to read the letter; however, it didn't even really give away the context of what the scroll said either. The infuriated Hethurin took a deep breath and tried to control his breathing, he couldn't remember the last time something had upset him this bad, but he knew that should Baralineth be allowed to live, it wouldn't be the last time, though one could assume that this train of thought came purely from anger, though the King's mind was definitely set on disowning his own family for her actions against their blood line, to him the answer was clear and he was more than absolutely sure that his wife would agree.
June 16, 2018

Xaei (Iotah)06/16/2018
Lilutha stood in the middle of the library, her rear leaning against the back of a lounger that was set in the middle also, while a fire which was now raging out of control, in reaction to the King's temper, was set amongst some wood inside a fireplace. She would have read the scroll, but was too busy trying to put together the pieces, his sister was obviously the source of his madness, but that vampire whom helped them was the cause of it too. While clutching the scroll, the woman's hand rests on her stomach, after feeling a bit queasy. When the King seemed to calm himself, and it did take a while, Lilutha took a deep breath and her soft gaze rested on his.
"Kill her." The fire elf stated, and quite simple so. She was not prepared to let the vampire queen, nor her sister in law to walk away the first time, however now she was allowed to speak freely to her King, who always seeked her advice. "Track down the vampire, she can't have gone far. Then sacrifice them both to the Goddesses. Be sure that they do not find each other in the next life, by cursing their souls." Lilutha remained calm for the entirety that she talked, as she didn't want to strain her body for the obvious reason.
It would be all she'd on the matter, leaving the King with a loving look, before sitting upon the lounger to relax before the flames. She could not let stress ruin this for her now, it had been too long. "But do let me make the deathly blow, my love." Was the last thing she said the Hethurin, before he left. After all, a fire elf would need it's head chopped off, to ensure death, before being set to its fiery grave. That would do nicely.

Hethurin Naruga07/03/2018
Having stormed from the room still in a fit of rage, Heturin set out to do just what his wife had suggested, he was going to have his sister brought to justice for her sins against the family, and he knew that he had to do it quickly before she knew to run. Word spread quickly when either the King or Queen were angry, the eve ts of their anger were often... Catastrophic to those whom it was directed at. The young King rounded up his elite guardsmen as he strode through the halls on his way to Lin's chambers, she was rarely there as she spent most her time in the temple, but unfortunately today was the day she decided to sleep in the Brimstone Keep.

Hethurin barged into her room, much to her surprise he said not a word, before she could react to the look in his eye, his balled fist hooked around catching her in the jaw, the force of the impact throwing her to the ground. "Chain her... take her
to the sacrificial alter atop the mountain." He barked at his guards. Castien had yet to enter the room, having previously seen the king headed down the hallway woth the detachment of guards that rarely left the throne room, he hadn't seen the punch, but he knew what Lin's future held. He wanted not to see it and pardoned himself from the scene to return to his patrols, a dull ache in his heart.

3 Hours Later...

Hethurin Naruga07/27/2018
Hethurin stood with his elite guard flanking both him and his wife, Lin's head hung low as she stared into the burning lava below, her hands bound behind her back as she sat on her knees, her neck resting on an altar to the sister's, this would be Braidwood's first execution ordered by Hethurin in recent time. Lin had been given no last words, no final rites, no burial ground, her body was to be thrown into the belly of Mount Naruga upon the final blow of the executioner's hatchet.

The King pulled his Queen close to his side, "I want her to feel the pain that she has made her family feel, her death will not be quick... It will not be painless..." Hethurin stated calmly before he produced a dagger and handed it to his wife calmly. "If you would like darling, you may start with her tongue."

Xaei (Iotah)10/04/2018
Lilutha stood idly by, near her husband as she looked forward at Lin. Anger might have been an emotion she'd been feeling a lot lately, but the pain of betrayal was a new thing for her, and it hurt a lot. This needed to be done, a message needed to be sent. Romantic affiliation beyond that of their pure breed, was indeed punishable by death. Heth's sister knew that, she knew the consequences yet here they were. This woman was about to die for her love of another, she would do the same for her husband; defy the odds. It didn't matter, laws were laws, sister to the King or not her fate would be the same. Lilutha calmly took the dagger from her husband's hand and walked closer to Lin, who sat on her knees with a pitiful look. It was quite pathetic. "I will not waste my time with you, the flames will claim you and you will be cursed. Cursed to live among the flames for all eternity, you will not rest, no food will satisfy your hunger. You will die, a slow and painful death. No one will know your name, no one will remember you. This is my parting gift to you, for bringing your selfish desires down on this family. You have betrayed our name, our very way of life and forgiveness will never be granted to you. Pass on to the next life, with this curse upon you and your name." With her final word, the elven queen sliced the dagger quickly across the woman's neck, a deep two inch cut opened a wound and blood poured down over her body, and the ground. Arching over slightly, she'd lower her voice to a whisper. "Your lover is next." Lin looked up, dying, with a desperate look. "Fare well, may we never meet again." And she pressed her palm against her forehead, shoving her back off the top of the volcano, to the fiery, molten pit below. Dead and forgotten.(edited)

Hethurin Naruga10/04/2018
"In her next life, may she be punished just as spoken, may they skin her feet and send her into the desert without water to face the next stage of her eternal punishment for her sins against our family. The sisters smile upon us for this sacrifice, as her rotting corpse fuels their flames as they reclaim her birthright." Hethurin spoke clear and loud as he approached his wife, placing hands on his wife's shoulders, "if the curse has been broken just as the wretched outsider spoke, may the traitors sacrifice strengthen the birthright of our child, and you shall produce an heir stronger than the likes of this kingdom has ever seen."
Xaei (Iotah)10/04/2018
Lilutha smiled to her husband, leaning into him gently as they watched over the burning corpse, that was her sister-inlaw. "Her death will indeed be the fuel, yet she was no sacrifice." Softly she brought his hand to her belly and grinned wide. "We are with child, I know it. I feel it. Our curse has been lifted, and now our troubles will be no more."
October 5, 2018

Hethurin Naruga10/05/2018
Hethurin rested his chin atop his wife’s head, pulling her in gently as she leaned, a smile forming across his face. “You will finally have that which you long for my lovely queen.” He said peering into the molten sea as Lynn’s corpse filled with magma and began to sink.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum