The Iron Dynasty, DeLaRose Role Play Group
Greetings and welcome, only go forth if you are over 18 years of age, if not please turn back now. if you are over the age of 18 feel free to view and register for the fourm. thank you so much for coming to see us if this is not your first time here please log in.
Welcome Everyone Feel Free to Register Post and Partake We Are friendly Please Fill out the Rules as Soon as You Join After Please Read and Sign the Policies You May Then Browse at Your Leisure If You Need any Help Please Contact Anaya the Admin or Any Moderators it is Our Job To Help You

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Iron Dynasty, DeLaRose Role Play Group » Valerian Story's » Merfolk of Valeria » The Wages of Evil. Merfolk of Valaria Story Line

The Wages of Evil. Merfolk of Valaria Story Line

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

DayaAutum: -Laying back Vexylla shut her eyes for the transformation as her bones and flesh split and reformed. Her scale gave way to smooth pale skin streaked with black stripes like a barracuda as was her tail. Being mid-transformation she ignored the entertaining entrance of Fraudulenti, besides, another voice had captured what attention she had. It was the familiar voice of her grandmother Morgylla. “Vexylla my Granddaughter, I am pleased to see you but shouldn’t you be destroying that fool Herimok?” Morgylla spoke as she entered the room from the walkway. The attendant rummaged through a chest and found a black robe and sleek black boots made of the same silk as the robe. Vexylla looked and nodded to her legendary grandmother - Yes, but we have found something of more interest, it seems he expects to come into possession of the tablet of Nurrel. Hence we left and sought council with Leviathan and are off to Iron in search of it. Morgylla’s eyes narrowed and she stroked her chin with her fingers tipped in long black claws. “Leviathan knows I am here Vexylla, and that as confident as I am in your ability, training and experience, I would not let you head this. Anaya and her slave consort are not to be so easily overwhelmed, it is a dangerous mission.” Morgylla looks to her grand daughter and grins widely “I shall go with you!” her announcement of taking over the quest did not sit well with Vexylla. Her grandmother was a legend whom could send word and draw an army of tens of thousands all eager to go on quest with her, while Vexylla as hard as she trained and studied, as talented and cleaver as she was was looked upon much like her mother was, not the prodigy and legacy anyone would hope for save those who had been with her. She had not her grandmothers fame nor the confidence of the vast population who did not yet know her, who only remember the disappointment of her mother, uncles, and aunts. She had hoped that heading this might help her change a few minds. Still, Morgylla was right, she was needed on this quest. -Very well Grandmother, with me are Aregos and Fraudulenti, where is Fraudulenti?- During her transformation Vexylla had not paid heed to what had transpired save for her grandmothers presence. “I believe he, well,” Morgylla clasped her clawed hands together below her bosom “I believe he needed to clear himself of the local plant life”.
Dallo5013: ~ The attendant calmed down enough to notice that the guards were doing nothing more than laughing , for they had seen this happen before as it was an all too normal occurrence for this merman. Fraudulenti was a bit of a klutz when it came to swimming through all the cattails and water lilies, he always would swim way too close and the cattails and water lilies would get caught up in his wakes and he would become hopelessly tangled up in them and  would end up scaring the snot out of the attendants when he surfaced. Fraudulenti was under the water swimming around and around fighting with the plant life fussing to him self that he swore the plant life here was out to make a fool of him. Aegros was almost fully transformed and was in a lot of pain from her bones splitting and popping. As soon as her feet were formed she rolled over and bit a pillow for her back spines were slowly curling up and the fins and scales along her legs were retreating into her now smooth skin. Once the pain had lessened she noticed a voice she had not heard before. She swiftly rolled right back over to see standing before her the legendary Morgylla. She would s swiftly sit up but then fall right back over in pain unable to properly greet the Merfolk legend. When she fell back over the same attendant that took a robe to Vexylla would bring one over to Aegros as well. Aegros once fully transformed slowly starts to shimmy into the robe and listened to what Morgylla had to say. As impressive as having such a renowned mermaid among them was, and as much as going on a mission with  her might please her, she was not so sure that Morgylla should be taking over, after all Vexylla knows what is going on far more than Morgylla. However she would keep her mouth shut for she did not wish to be rude and would even stare at the water hoping that Fraudulenti would return and go to the pools end and would place her hand flat to the surface of the water and would pat it three times just to let Fraudulenti know that it was safe to come back up. Fraudulenti came almost instantly and pulled himself up out of the water not needing any help and slithered like a snake over to the far side of the room and plop down on the pillows.. He then noticed that he was on the wrong side of the room and the blood for his legs was on the opposing side. However he didn’t want to interrupt what was being said so he just waited. The attendant noticing what he had done brought a vile of blood over to him . He could feel the cold icy stare from Aegros’s eyes. Having already embarrassed her in front of Morgylla he knew if he spoke out of turn he was surly never going to hear the end of it so he just took the vile of blood and sprinkled it up on his fin. Once the transformation had begone he grunted and rolled over placing his face into the pillows so as not to disturb anyone. ~
DayaAutum: -While Vexylla dressed in the silken robes and boots she took two large vials of blood, each had a chain and hung them from her neck, Morgylla continued while Fraudulenti re entered and began his transformation she relayed all that had happened at the island, and all that the Leviathan had told them. Morgylla listed intently and sitting down next to her answered “Yes I know of the tablet, it has been the ruin of more than one kingdom. Brave and good people have destroyed it many times thinking that they have rid the world of it’s plagues, but each time it simply respawned elsewhere a century latter far away to wreck havoc. Obviously Herimok has reason to think he can obtain it, and as foolish as he is, he would be competent enough to have good reason to think it is still close by and can obtain it. I know of the Iron Kingdom and was around when Anaya went there. It is full of slaves and prostitutes, and the merchants hear tales of murders and robberies of late.” Turning to Fraudulenti and Aregos she greets them “Greetings Fraudulenti and Aregos, I hope my plans to join you are acceptable? If so I think we should make ready to depart and get gold from the bank and hire a carriage as soon as possible.” Vexylla having finished dressing turns to her companions and patiently waits for their answer.-
Dallo5013: ~Aegros would stand up and shimmy her hips slightly so that the robe would drape over her properly and reached out towards the table to grasp for the vials of blood taking two of them into one hand and a chain into her free hand and strung the vials upon the chain wrapping the chain around her robe pulling it in close to her body. She also took two more over to Fraudulenti.He would take a bit longer to change and an attendant would toss a robe over him so that she would not see his bare body and give  him a pair of boots sized for him. These boot were shorter then most merman’s boots, for Fraudulenti had only four toes on his feet two toes on each foot so he needed a smaller boot to be able to walk properly on land. Shortly after he was fully transformed he would role over and would slide him self into the robe before wrapping the chain around his waist as well and then would slide the boots up on his feet. He looked to Vexylla and would speak before even thinking. ~ Fraudulent : Vexylla, did you notice that the altar where the heads were laid out on, it just occurred to me that they were laid in a star pattern. It almost seemed as if there was even some sort of gibberish written in all over the altar as well in the blood of the ones that were sacrificed. Sorry I should have mentioned this sooner. ~ He then looked around for his spear and would then look towards an attendant pointing to the pool where there was a floating pile of cattails that had his spear entangled in them. Another attendant walked over and knelt down to reach towards the spear trying to pull it to her by pulling on the cattails to drag it all to the edge where she could retrieve his spear. ~
DayaAutum : -Not hearing an answer from her companions for a time Vexylla intervened as she stood up and took her trident in hand. - I know your experience and knowledge would benefit our quest Grandmother, and either way we do need to make ready with all haste. I shall make a withdrawal from the bank and meet you by the docks. - Parting from her grandmother and companions Vexylla walks to the small dock of the reception building and takes the steps down to an elegant and slender boat where a ferryman awaited departing merfolk. An attendant hearing the conversation took an extra robe and boots similar to the ones Vexylla was already given and followed her with them and gave them to the ferryman for Vexylla to take on her journey. Such was the duty of such attendants, to provide these simple things all courtesy of the Royal family. Once Vexylla had taken a seat in the small craft the ferryman unhitched the mooring line and pushed off from the small dock and pushed the boat along with a long pole across the lake towards the main city as silently as the glowing sun. Morgylla looked to Aregos and Fraudulenti and instead of awkwardly awaiting a response from them began to plead her case citing who she would benefit them. “I have traveled to many such Empires in my time. While I have never met this Anaya, but I know of her, she is a gold dragon and while she takes her decadent pleasures she retains some sense of nature and holiness. She will have no love for this tablet or fallen gods and be glad for it to be in the Leviathans possession. All we need do is make our intentions known. We may be at odds with most dragons, but there is much common ground in this situation. However, proper diplomacy is needed, and having another who can cast lightning may present a, stronger presence and ensure her we able to safely transport the tablet. If, you accept my accompanying you, Vexylla will not take long at the bank and we should get going to the docks and find a suitable ferry with a carriage. Most merchants travel that way and they oft supply food and even armed guards ” Morgylla then waited patiently for them to respond to her.-
Dallo5013: Dallo5013: Aquam and the woman swam at a steady pace. The woman made sure to keep her eyes not only on where the young mermaid was swimming off too but would even keep her eyes up on what was at a slow pace following them. They had already put about thirty miles between the shadow and them selves, however the woman could still feel the waters trembling as if the shadow was relentlessly following them. As the fresh waters collided with the salty waters of the open sea the woman would start to slow down for she was finding it hard to adjust her form to be able to take the mixture of both salt and fresh waters. But that was not all that troubled her,the waters about them were trembling even more as if there was now more then one of these creatures following them . Suddenly the young mermaid stopped and turned back to the woman saying to her in an unsure voice like Aquam was concerned that the woman might get her self killed by this beast of the sea. o Aquam made ready her self as she spoke to the woman ~ Aquam : we are not a lone, there is something following us. I noticed that it had been following me for quit a ways. We must deal with this before we can go any further. Normally I would out swim the beast however given the relentlessness of this beast and now that I sense more than one it has to be dealt with before we go any further. ~ She stopped speaking then would dive about two feet lower and would scan the waters to see what advantages they might have. Aquam then rose from the water, the woman’s mind would wonder why the young mermaid would all of a sudden be so set on stopping these creatures from following them any further. The woman shook her head and would start to think clearly and only about the matter at hand when a wall of swirling water suddenly shot right up at them. Aquam was able to get out of the way of the water, however the woman was not so quick. She was hit right in the belly by the wall of swirling water. Now if this woman were a normal woman this would have knocked her out, however being she is no normal woman this water nearly caught her off guard. She felt a sudden vibration swimming right thru the water at her moving at about twenty miles per hour not giving her enough time to swim away. Being she is a shape shifter and water just so happens to be one of her elements she instinctively  shifted her form making her belly area turn into water as the beast to swam right through her. the woman kept her body split up and would form two of herself. One would swim up following the beast and the second would swim over to see if the young mermaid needed help. By this time the young mermaid was swimming right back at the woman slow enough so that the beast after her wouldn’t be lost. She then swam right past the second woman and up warts towards the first beast hoping that if the two of them were close enough to one an other they would start fighting and would ignore them . Right when she met up with the first woman swimming after the beast she called out to her telling her in an excited voice as she was leading the second beast right at the first one ~Aquam : woman get out of the way. Let me handle this you move now !~ The woman with out hesitation would suddenly dart off to the left letting the young mermaid take over. The first beast turned it’s head watching the woman swimming off in the opposite direction but wasn’t able to change directions as fast but instead kept swimming right at the young mermaid and within about twenty feet of the beast Aquam would do just as the woman had done and would suddenly dart off to the side making the beast that had been following her slam right face first into the other. Aquam would swim as fast as she could grabbing the first part of the woman and then the second part of her and would swim down as fast as she could. The woman unable to take the sudden changes in the pressure passed out. Aquam hadn’t noticed the woman passing out for sudden changes in pressure to her was nothing at all and for a moment she had forgotten that this was a land based creature. What was known as a shape-shifter or so Aquam had thought about the woman. And now from what had just transpired Aquam now knew the woman was not only a shape-shifter . This woman was more then what she seemed to be and this made Aquam hesitant to head towards the gold village. Aquam kept swimming down as far away from the creatures she knew to be Xiphactinus . She wondered why this woman was not screaming out in pain or why she wasn’t even bleeding from her ears from the pressure of the deep.Aquam hadn’t noticed that the woman was slowly starting to come around. The woman in her unconscious state would of her own accord adapt to the changes, even becoming more outwardly mermaid looking.The woman’s body would even become hole once more. About a half an hour later she would become fully conscious again. Aquam laid the woman on a shelf as she still wearing her blindfold turned her head side to side taking in the under water vibrations as if using the natural flow of the water to show her all that was around her. Aquam had no need for any sort of echo location because she was able to see under the water in the darkest of abysses. ~Aquam : what manner of woman are you? I am a mermaid what are you ?~ The woman opened her mouth to speak yet was unable to for her body still needed to adjust her vocal cords. So she held up her left hand and made a jester to wait a minute till she could figure out how to talk again now that she was down so very low in the depth of the water. She had before been turning the water into oxygen then passing the oxygen over her vocal cords but now she needed to use a different method to talk. She shifted her vocal cords around and finally figured a method that would work and softly at first would speak trying to keep most of the souls in her from speaking as she would talk to the young mermaid ~Woman : I am a …..~a slight pause ~Well I am not sure if you would understand this but I am an undead doll. I was born a Pleistocene shape-shifter but then around, well lets just say I was an old woman when I was kidnapped by some dead doll hunters. A rogue group of reapers that instead of collecting the souls of the dead and dying took the living and removed their birth souls to place them into the body of a doll and use the birth body they would place in side of it a black hole,that is what the jewel is called, the souls black hole. It is a reapers jewel, the kind that is said to never fill and is only used to house the souls of the lost and dying. The dead doll hunters would then use the the newly acquired bodies as puppets. I………………..~ The woman stopped talking and would just shake her head. ~ Woman : It is in the past and nothing can be done about it, however I was able to make a life for my self. Being there is no way to reunite my birth soul with my birth body I will forever be a dead doll. I maintain my birth abilities and now as I gather the souls of the dead and dying I gain their voice making my voice louder and louder to the point that the slightest whisper can vibrate through the very depths of livings souls. It has no affect on mermaids, I will not ask why. ~The woman smiled saying ~ Woman : Forgive me, I have been rude to you . I have not even told you my name. I am Dallo Joy Winter Wulf, the Empress of the Land of Winters. My Empire is off to the farthest north of the main land.Far north be on the Iron Dynasty. ~ Aquam would then look at the woman and would ask in a voice that would have a bit of excitement to it, as if Dallo might know something she needs to know. ~ Aquam: Dallo do you know anything about a cursed tablet called Nurell's Tablet? ~Dallo would shake her head saying to her. ~ Dallo : Forgive me, I am not from around here and I would not have a clue what that would be.  I have only ever ventured this way a few times to look over the land to see what was about this side of the world and in the last village I was in they spoke of an end of the world. So while all were asleep I started walking out over the waters to see if such an end existed or if it were just an old wives tail. ~Aquam nodded her head saying to Dallo ~ I will not bow to you nor will I treat you above my self, for all are equal in my eyes save for those that should be killed. I will take you as far as the end of the world, but from there you travel on your own. I have other places to be. ~ as Aquam spoke Dallo noticed that the beast that were after us were still fighting above them. She could feel how the massive jaws would slam against one an other biting into the armored plaiting of the other. She could feel the vibrations of the two of them fighting and they didn’t seem to be alone, there was something else steadfastly approaching the two beast as they were fighting. This new beast seemed to have a long snake like body and to her it felt like it had a snake head. However this snake like thing once it was with in fifty yards of the fighting Xiphactinus  it turned and swam straight down into the abyss right towards the two of them. Aquam also noticed this thing, it was the old frilled shark that had gone missing for a wile. Dallo not knowing that it was a companion of Aquam would tap Aquam’s shoulder and tell her about it. Aquam just busted out laughing saying ~Aquam : Not everything in the sea is uncontrollable. Well there are a few creatures we mermaids are unable to control, but this one coming is friendly with me. He is a frilled shark.~ Meanwhile back at Rose Lake,Fraudulenti and Aegros by now were fully dressed and Fraudulenti was like always stumbling around being he only had four toes. They both turned to Morgylla answering her saying ~Fraudulenti : It is a good idea that you come along with us, after all you have had more time on land then any of us, and yes I am Aegros are able to cast lightening.This would be our primary advantage and as you have said it might prove an encouragement to this one known as Anaya to let us take the tablet. However I will presume nothing and will keep my wits about me. As for Aegros, I am sure she welcomes your aid on this journey . ~ As Fraudulenti spoke Aegros nodded her head and looked towards the attendants asking them for robes and boots to take along with them as they would start to make their way down to the docks awaiting for Vexylla to return so that they might be on their way.~
DayaAutum: -The attendants upon hearing the conversation were not idle but quietly rummaged through the chests and procured extra robes and boots for the three Merfolk and tucked them in three separate bags of the same silken cloth and stood waiting to hand them to other ferrymen of whichever boat or boats the Merfolk chose to depart upon. Morgylla was pleased with Fraudulenti’s answer and smiled. She seemed a warmer and even perhaps a more passionate version of Vexylla, they appeared so similar, only her black markings were broader on her tail and face leaving less of the silver scales and pale flesh to show in between. She picked up her trident, and a rare one it was. It had four prongs each tipped with a dragon claw, and each dragon claw from a different and obviously very large dragon for only the very tip of each claw was needed for a single prong. Her trident was a testament to her prowess as it was obvious all claws were from dragons that she had killed. “Excellent” She said smiling at them both “Shall we be on our way?” With that she walked down the stairs to a dock with the grace and coordination of an elf having spent much time walking and entered a small boat with enough seating for them all. Likewise as with Vexylla an attendant handed the robe and boots to the ferry woman and the other attendants should Aregos and Fraudulenti enter the same craft hand their bags of extra attire to the ferry woman as well. Once it was known to shove off the ferry woman did so and they traversed the lake seemingly effortlessly till they came to a dock at the other end. The city before them was colorful and elegant, and rather bohemian with all the artists and scholars. Morgylla left the boat and made her way through the city to the docks leaving her hood off her head and hanging behind her “Once upon the mainland we do not wish to make it obvious that we are Merfolk, not until we meet Anaya shall we take down our hoods but keep them pulled even over our faces. Hiding our identities from Anaya will not be a gesture that inspires trust. Besides she will likely be able to catch our scent and our being merfolk is part of our credentials, but no one else need know.” She strode out to the docks leaving Fraudulenti and Aregos behind and called to a harbour master and spoke with him at some length before returning. It appears we are in luck, a ferry that caters to the very well to do and even the Royal family at times is available for hire. It comes with a fine carriage with seating for six, food, and two armed guards. It can be ready within the hour. Now, where is Vexylla?”-
Dallo5013: ~Fraudulenti and Aegros followed close to Morgylla and took their seats in the boat. Upon making it to the other side, the two of them waited in the boat for Morgylla’s return. Upon her return from talking with the harbor master they both stood up and stepped from the boat to greet Morgylla and nod to her saying ~Fraudulenti : Well as soon as Vexylla shows up we can be on our way .
DayaAutum: -A troll walked towards the docks carrying six bags, and ahead of him was Vexylla. It did not take long for Morgylla to notice her granddaughter being followed by such a troll. In other areas Trolls were dirty, smelly, and foul things but in Rose lake things were very different for Trolls, or least those Trolls who were citizens. This troll was clean, stood and walked straight, and was well dressed, and he even smelled good. “Merfolk give bad folks a good bashing, me proud to help merfolk on their way” the troll spoke as the two trod along. “Well it seems that we have found her” Morgylla after pointing out her grand daughter and the troll to her new companions went to greet Vexylla and informed her of the ferry she was to hire and together they went down the length of the dock. The ferry was not long in arriving, the owners were eager to be hired for such a long, and for them lucrative journey. The ferry was a broad sail ship with a very shallow draft for traveling up river, and very refined. Even the canvas used to cover the carriage was fancifully dyed and embroidered in elegant and colorful patterns typical of the artistry of Rose Lake. Horses were not present, but were held in reserve upriver where the ferry itself would dock. The deck’s railings and fixtures were carved and painted and inlaid with scenes of the sea and natural scenes in between dazzling designs and boarders. Vexylla followed by the troll and Morgylla went to the ferry and were met by the captain and two armed guards who were also to be the drivers for the carriage and settled on the price for the journey. Vexylla reaching in of the bags the troll carried took out the down payment and gave each, the captain and the two carriage drivers and guards their first payment and nodded to the troll who boarded with the bags and placed them inside the passenger cabin and left. “So grand daughter, we together will go out together, along with your companions. Aregos, Fraudulenti, did you know that we two have never went on a quest together until now? In fact, she is my first offspring to be strong enough to go on such thing.” Morgylla was beaming as she spoke and the two of them boarded the ferry and entered the cabin. Once Aregos and Fraudulenti boarded, the ferry would take them up a river mainland to dock, and the carriage would take them to the capitol of Iron.-

View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum