The Iron Dynasty, DeLaRose Role Play Group
Greetings and welcome, only go forth if you are over 18 years of age, if not please turn back now. if you are over the age of 18 feel free to view and register for the fourm. thank you so much for coming to see us if this is not your first time here please log in.
Welcome Everyone Feel Free to Register Post and Partake We Are friendly Please Fill out the Rules as Soon as You Join After Please Read and Sign the Policies You May Then Browse at Your Leisure If You Need any Help Please Contact Anaya the Admin or Any Moderators it is Our Job To Help You

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Iron Dynasty, DeLaRose Role Play Group » Trash Archives of Old Things » The Library, Information About Role Play » Standard/Basic rules for RP

Standard/Basic rules for RP

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Standard/Basic rules for RP on Wed Oct 26 2016, 19:46

Anaya

Admin
Admin

ATW9989

avpic
Standard/Basic rules for RP
June 08, 2016 05:09PM

Rule 1.
For Out of Character(OOC) use ( ), { }, or [ ].
EXP: (hi everyone)
For in character (IC) speech, use nothing.
* Comments made from you to another player, comments about real life, or otherwise not made by your character/avatar are denoted by Out of Character brackets such as ( ) or [ ] or | | etc

Rule 2.
For actions use* *, - -, or ~ ~ or something similar though these are the most common.
EXP: -he walked over to her-

Rule 3.
For thoughts or telepathy use ~ ~
And please mention in * * (ect) that it is a thought.
EXP:
1. ~Oh no!~*he thought
2.-"oh no!" he thought-
EXP:
1.~are you there?~-he asked her telepathically-
2.-"are you there?" he asked her telepathically-

Rule 4.
OOC Try and be kind or at least polite no matter much of an ass your character may be.

Rule 5.
Have Fun! And remember it's just a game.

Other rules/guidelines.
( very similar to things posted by Cetaphil as I used similar when teaching others and is where I learned the fine points of rp early on, and will alter or reword mine if he requests as I respect his group)

* Think of Role Playing like writing a story with others except you're only writing in for one character. IMVU aids in giving other players a visual to help with the picturing what is happening but it doesn't have the story or dialog. This is what you're creating.

* A character/Avatar is just that, a creation of your imagination.
Like a character in a movie or book. Characters/Avatars are played/munned by someone (you).

* The player can be referred to as a player, muse, mun, or any other word you choose. (player is the most common)

* Non-Played Characters or NPCs are used to enhance a story but are not actually played by anyone specifically, but rather anyone and everyone when necessary.

* Character/Avatar actions are indicated by action brackets such as :: or = or ~ , etc

* Character/Avatar speech is indicated by ending an action bracket or using quotes.
EXP: : She replied:: Yes, I understand.
EXP2 :: She replied:: "Yes, I understand."

* Do not confuse In Character (the character's
actions/thoughts/story) with Out of Character (the player's actions/thoughts/story) by referring to the player as the character or vice verse.

* Do not blur IC and OoC by not using OoC brackets when speaking about real life things, or using acronyms like "lol" or "brb" or "tyt" or any others as apart of your play. These should be kept in OoC brackets and used for informational purpose only

* When the room finishes loading, post an entrance for your character so that the other players know you're playing. Do the
same when you intend to leave so your character doesn't just disappear.
(As a side note, wait until someone posts an entrance to post a greeting. The character isn't in play until the player posts an entrance.)
Also it is advised to see what is going on in the room before posting an entrance.

* While there are nodes and clothing pieces that allow your avatar to assume a given position such as sitting or kneeling, it's still good to post the action as well as the detail of that position and perhaps even how it effects your character.

Anaya

avpic Hardcore GamerThe Iron Rose, DeLaRoseIron DynastyAutum Aliance Badge 1Autum Alliance Badge 2No F*cks Given
Re: Standard/Basic rules for RP
June 08, 2016 05:33PM

A thing that I like to do to add on to your post here

Rule 3.
For thoughts or telepathy use ~ ~
And please mention in * * (ect) that it is a thought.
EXP:
1. ~Oh no!~*he thought
2.-"oh no!" he thought-
EXP:
1.~are you there?~-he asked her telepathically-
2.-"are you there?" he asked her telepathically-

I like to personally leave my thoughts open as you would see in a book or novel. like an example little post here.

The wind was cold on the supple cheek of the child as rain slammed her body like bullets from a gun. i must get out of this fray she thought to herself as her small hands moved over her head pulling up her sheltering hood from the brigade of the storms wrath.

so even if with nothing around it the reader knows it is thought and not just background, my own way of doing and i see many do what you have stated here it is a very good way to keep things apart and understood by all, a good guide all around to the basics of Rp, a well put book on the shelf. and i cant wait to see what other guide there will be, maybe they have different outlooks this this one, i have one i use it is a really big one i will be posting, have used it for years, maybe i can find out who originally typed it.

~Anaya

Ar3sDaRkMoOn
avpic Never forgetJerryMcLane - BlutengelDGAF worldShop My CatalogWonder WomanSuperMan
Re: Standard/Basic rules for RP
October 04, 2016 10:08AM

I don't know how I missed these posts before, very informative, thanks guys

Understood and signed

View user profile https://www.delaroseroleplay.com

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum