The Iron Dynasty, DeLaRose Role Play Group
Greetings and welcome, only go forth if you are over 18 years of age, if not please turn back now. if you are over the age of 18 feel free to view and register for the fourm. thank you so much for coming to see us if this is not your first time here please log in.
Welcome Everyone Feel Free to Register Post and Partake We Are friendly Please Fill out the Rules as Soon as You Join After Please Read and Sign the Policies You May Then Browse at Your Leisure If You Need any Help Please Contact Anaya the Admin or Any Moderators it is Our Job To Help You

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Iron Dynasty, DeLaRose Role Play Group » Trash Archives of Old Things » The Library, Information About Role Play » [Discussion] We all know, That Guy

[Discussion] We all know, That Guy

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 [Discussion] We all know, That Guy on Wed Oct 26 2016, 22:32

Anaya

Admin
Admin

Anaya
avpic Hardcore GamerThe Iron Rose, DeLaRoseIron DynastyAutum Aliance Badge 1Autum Alliance Badge 2No F*cks Given
[Discussion] We all know, That Guy
June 16, 2016 06:28AM

Discussion - We all know, That Guy

https://illiweb.com/fa/pbucket.gif

You ever sit in a room and think god can’t this get worse, then that guy shows up. He is A ) just outright dumb B ) rude and arrogant C ) a flirt you can’t seem to make leave you alone or D ) there is just something about him that makes you want to make him eat his own face. I get this way sometimes with some people, sometimes it is me having a bad day, or just bad week, or maybe they are having a bad day or week…or all the time……stuff. But really we all have that person we know of, that guy that you hear the name and you go uggggggggg. Have any funny stories? How do you feel with this kind of person? How do you handle this person? Do you just kick them aside going nope not dealing with it, or do you try to be kind to the person and sugar coat and make things better, try to help yourself not want to make them eat their face? How do you deal with this group of people, and what is the group of people you simply can’t stand?

Myself personally, can’t stand people with no room to grow, people that see themselves as better than you and don’t know you. Or the constant flirt drives me up the wall. As well as that one guy that has to always fix every typo you have, one is fine, 2 is fine, but every single one makes me want to make them eat their face. But that is just me, I want to know about you.

And please remember,
-Keep matters pg
-Do not name names to bash or slander, you can talk about “person A” without using their account names if this is seen it will be edited to replace names with “person A” or a name I will make up
-don’t bash other people we are adults we can talk like such and have friendly discussions even on hot topics or touchy topics
-and for the love of god, don’t be “that guy”

Anaya

UlricTyrson
avpic
Re: Discussion - We all know, That Guy
June 17, 2016 10:46PM

Well this is a topic I could go on forever.

The main ones I cant stand are the ones that give off the "I'm the absolute best and everyone else is garbage" auras. These usually come out during fights, always grinning or smiling whenever you make a move because they think they have got you beat or that you are just an newbie. They always act like every move is child's play and do everything without effort, never fighting at full strength because they would just annihilate you so hard. These people make me sick on so many levels. Nothing is more insulting than being treated like you are not even worth their time, they take all of your attacks and efforts as if its a walk in the park for them, you are nothing more than a stepping stone for their greatness. EFF these people and everything they stand for. It also tends to come out during conversations as well, though not as much. Always turning into "one uppers" everything they say and do is one step better than you or always talking about what they have accomplished. The "me monster" people call them. How super bad ass they are, how many wars they have won, how strong their guild of assassins is. Blah blah no one cares.

Augustine
avpic IMVU Master Content Creator BadgelovePandoras Box JudgeFrance p1.France p2.
June 17, 2016 11:38PM

It's been a great while since I've done any sort of roleplay, though I do feel for this subject. In my case, "that guy" is a person who excessively dilutes role-playing experiences with their personal matters. Role-playing for me is seen as a hobby to manage stress as well as an opportunity to meet and interact with others in a creative way. Other members of the role-play may turn to it for the same reason, seeing it as a 'sweet escape' from the bounds of reality and someone who constantly brings up their misfortune tends to ruin the experience. Some see it as a hobby they do for fun, while others are highly dedicated- I just find it a bit disrespectful for someone to enter a role-playing room only to talk about things that are barely relevant to the role-play itself. People may talk casually and that is fine, but being the one to always bring real-life issues into an activity that many find solace in, intoxicates the environment in my opinion.

As a creator who makes custom and commissioned cosplays for role-playing, another "guy" would be the guy who exploits me by befriending me only to have access to my shop, or a straight-forward guy who badgers me with reference images of a character without even having the common courtesy to say, "Hello, how are you?" For months, someone like this guy would stop by my public room and park, dropping subtle hints and links to images asking for their character's outfit to be made. While making cosplays for myself and others is a part of me and I love what I do, I am not a walking shop- I am a person just like "that guy."

Kodachi96
avpic AnryScribe PrideRoleplayer!DiezAreItsy Bitsy Venomous SpiderVenomous Rose
June 20, 2016 03:39PM

I think the ones that I find offensive are the ones that think they know your role play better than yourself. That one person that says something is not possible in role play but it can be. You have the proof that it is plausible. Then leaves your room, sending you a message on how your role play is not valid because you can't do such and such. Then blocks you when you try to respond to them.

Just my two cents.

Anaya
avpic Hardcore GamerThe Iron Rose, DeLaRoseIron DynastyAutum Aliance Badge 1Autum Alliance Badge 2No F*cks Given
June 20, 2016 04:53PM

Quote: I think the ones that I find offensive are the ones that think they know your role play better than yourself. That one person that says something is not possible in role play but it can be. You have the proof that it is plausible. Then leaves your room, sending you a message on how your role play is not valid because you can't do such and such. Then blocks you when you try to respond to them.

Just my two cents.

Oh god this angers me to no end XD i hate That Guy that just goes on and on with how he is better how you cant do this cus of this then you go to message him back after some long inbox sent to you or in some cases a threat to fight you and lord behold you be blocked. then you sit there like FU*K you guy! a great two Cents.

Anaya
June 20, 2016 06:43PM

I wanted to pop this in here, I found a That Guy today, so a bit of a rant has come out of me XD

When all else Fails Sue
http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/3b/3b15d28613eed663317de57773fba89b4507dd9a37a7ce1f920681d141ce9ac9.jpg

So I found another “that guy” and I wondered has anyone else found this kind of person when all else fails threaten to sue. It makes me head hurt that people on imvu will go this far, but yet again I have seen it go this far, now I don’t name names and in this no harm will be done, but this act of “I will sue you” is in my own person view soooo stupid, it is the I am offended thing, I say the sky is blue someone will get offended as I am being racist about the sky’s color. So what I got today was “I will sue your ass for ruining -persons name here- reputation” <---- so there is a law out there known as Defamation Law now this law walks a fine line between freedom of speech and really being hurtful to someone, to break it down to be really simple.

If you post something publicly or so a third party can see it sand are hurtful enough for a person to be injured aka, lose their job, lose profits, be beaten or harmed in result of your slander or other things that harm the individual you can be sued upon regards of this law and prosecuted so fined or in some cases face jail time or other crimes/fines can be placed on top of one existing.

Some nice information about this can be found here [injury.findlaw.com]

but really in a logical adult sense why do people have to go this far as “I hurt their feelings” even more so why on imvu, the internet altogether. You don’t get along with someone you agree to disagree and ya move on this is the internet not everyone sees eye to eye and not everyone likes the other person some may even have very strong dislikes for the other person due to past disagreements or past squabbles. But really the only thing needed to be done is lick your cuts and bruises and move on forth to better tomorrows. But nope some people sadly can’t get this and when things go south they threaten to sue you, even if in the end they know in the back of their minds them calling you childish and then threatening to sue you over a chat game is kinda being a hypocrite.

So what do you do if a person threatens to sue your butt on imvu, nothing, utterly nothing, as this is what will happen, they will go to imvu, imvu will tell them we will do nothing you need to block the person, and then they will try to talk to imvu to get them to do something, nothing will be done, you more than likely have blocked the person threatening you already and you go back to having fun in your room with friends.

NOW in the EXTREAMLY rare chance they are not bulling you around and really are going to sue you, their lawyer will contact yours and you both will have to handle that. But I have never seen the I will sue you thing really ever happen so if this has happened for some like a person from imvu has really threatened to sue you, or you have really sued a person, tell me how it went would be cool to find out how it goes. Imvu its self-has bin sued a couple times if I know my facts right.

But I guess that is my That guy of the day, seems they happen too much.
~Anaya

ATW9989
avpic
July 04, 2016 08:41PM

Anaya Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> > I wanted to pop this in here, I found a That Guy
> today, so a bit of a rant has come out of me XD
>
>
>
> When all else Fails Sue
> [s2.quickmeme.com]
>
>
> So I found another “that guy” and I wondered
> has anyone else found this kind of person when all
> else fails threaten to sue. It makes me head hurt
> that people on imvu will go this far, but yet
> again I have seen it go this far, now I don’t
> name names and in this no harm will be done, but
> this act of “I will sue you” is in my own
> person view soooo stupid, it is the I am offended
> thing, I say the sky is blue someone will get
> offended as I am being racist about the sky’s
> color. So what I got today was “I will sue your
> ass for ruining -persons name here- reputation”
> <---- so there is a law out there known as
> Defamation Law now this law walks a fine line
> between freedom of speech and really being hurtful
> to someone, to break it down to be really simple.
>
>
> If you post something publicly or so a third party
> can see it sand are hurtful enough for a person to
> be injured aka, lose their job, lose profits, be
> beaten or harmed in result of your slander or
> other things that harm the individual you can be
> sued upon regards of this law and prosecuted so
> fined or in some cases face jail time or other
> crimes/fines can be placed on top of one existing.
>
>
> Some nice information about this can be found here
> [injury.findlaw.com]
>
> but really in a logical adult sense why do people
> have to go this far as “I hurt their feelings”
> even more so why on imvu, the internet altogether.
> You don’t get along with someone you agree to
> disagree and ya move on this is the internet not
> everyone sees eye to eye and not everyone likes
> the other person some may even have very strong
> dislikes for the other person due to past
> disagreements or past squabbles. But really the
> only thing needed to be done is lick your cuts and
> bruises and move on forth to better tomorrows.
> But nope some people sadly can’t get this and
> when things go south they threaten to sue you,
> even if in the end they know in the back of their
> minds them calling you childish and then
> threatening to sue you over a chat game is kinda
> being a hypocrite.
>
> So what do you do if a person threatens to sue
> your butt on imvu, nothing, utterly nothing, as
> this is what will happen, they will go to imvu,
> imvu will tell them we will do nothing you need to
> block the person, and then they will try to talk
> to imvu to get them to do something, nothing will
> be done, you more than likely have blocked the
> person threatening you already and you go back to
> having fun in your room with friends.
>
> NOW in the EXTREAMLY rare chance they are not
> bulling you around and really are going to sue
> you, their lawyer will contact yours and you both
> will have to handle that. But I have never seen
> the I will sue you thing really ever happen so if
> this has happened for some like a person from imvu
> has really threatened to sue you, or you have
> really sued a person, tell me how it went would be
> cool to find out how it goes. Imvu its self-has
> bin sued a couple times if I know my facts right.
>
>
> But I guess that is my That guy of the day, seems
> they happen too much.
> ~Anaya

"NOW in the EXTREAMLY rare chance they are not bulling you around and really are going to sue you, their lawyer will contact yours and you both will have to handle that."
I'm going to just assume I'm in the majority of this and say most people don't have a lawyer on stand by at all times. or even have a set lawyer to go to. Also if you do have one and they are able to contact your lawyer then id say there ass is going to jail or you can sue imvu. Because either A. they hacked into IMVU or your computer to find your rl info and thus committed a crime. or B. IMVU released your Personal info to them which is a violation of the law and the TOS you know that whole "we wont release your info to anyone" part.

IrialVunKuddah
avpic Lethal KnightsKing
July 05, 2016 07:11AM

I thought I'd drop my two cents worth here.Specifically in response to you Anaya, on the subject of 'hurting other people's feelings' and 'that guy'.
My 'that guy (or gal)' isn't as obvious at the start as the one that hits on you and gets pissed when you don't respond with unmitigated delight. The ones I'm going to point out are a whole different animal.

In the real world, in our day to day interactions or in the news, we can see for ourselves the world is full of anti-social individuals who run the gamut of either being the person who is avoided by everyone else in the neighborhood for standing outside on his lawn yelling obscenities and hate speech to you and your kids when you walk by, to the one who actually arms up and goes out to take down a nearby mall. The excuses run the range of 'misunderstood' to 'abused as a kid' to hell they are just wired all wrong in the head. Doesn't really matter because they are still excuses. Everyone has issues in life, we all don't just go around making others pay for them. These people however lose touch with their ability to be conscious of others as people. In their world they only see themselves. In many instances, after the fact, there is no shortage of others who can testify that there were previous indicators of instability there for everyone to see long before something happens and it gets out of hand, but quite often nobody did much about it while they might have been able to. Most don't want to get involved if it's not directly interfering in their lives in some way. Regardless, these 'cases' often become unavoidably obvious because they either make the news or everyone in the neighborhood thinks they are a joke and talks it up about them. I'm sure many of us are just really relieved these kinds of people are not living under your roof or next door. Like the catlady down the street, if we deem them harmless enough we tend to ignore them. It seems that unless it comes knocking on your door it's easier to just pretend there's no issue there. My point here is I see the community in imvu as similar in it's complexity. Taken as a whole, those gathered in here can be taken in something of the same light as the real world microcosmed (if it's not a word, it should be) into a virtual reality. I choose to believe most in here are essentially good people, but just like in the real world there are going to be deviations from the Utopian standard.
There are no limitations to who can and who can't enter into imvu and create an avatar. Like the joke Wednesday makes in 'The Adams Family Values', you can't tell just by looking at them who is and isn't dysfunctional.
What's key to remember here is that the likelihood of you or anyone else in here being able to do much about the antisocial element is almost zero. What you can do is look out for friends and yourself, and listen to that voice in the back of your head when it tells you something ain't right. Be very careful who you allow into your inner circles, and especially who you are willing to hand access to who you are beyond imvu's walls. Just like in the real world there are often plenty of signs of instability many often ignore. It's a common fallacy that 'it will never happen to me', but if you live long enough chances are high it just might. If there's someone who enters your space who says and does hurtful things to you or others around you, avoid them, and get them away from you. If they do it on a consistent basis, seriously consider block.
You can't get the social misfits out of imvu, but you can remove them from your sphere of things and make access to you or your friends difficult.

NamelessAssailant
avpic
July 08, 2016 03:42PM

I have a few!

Those that clearly spend way too much time on IMVU to the point they have forgotten there is a real world out there, that this is nothing more than an activity and should be appropriated as much.

That guy/girl who seeks to make everything about themselves, who's lives seem to be constant drama with which they have no part off.

Those that create OOC personas, it's the internet, you are less likely to be hit if you are yourself!

Those that claim to know everything but instead try to frighten you with common knowledge (Hilarious!)

I'm not going to name names, or tell stories but those are the ones which really get me. Though given that is about 90% of IMVU looks like I am down for some lonely times!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/08/2016 03:42PM by NamelessAssailant.

ScarletEveDeLaRose
avpic The New World Order Vampire EmpireVampire KnightsThe New World Order Vampire Empire AcademyVampiratesbadbatbadgesilverheartSouthWestAngelCreativeDelusionsVampire KnightThe Vampirates Empire
Re: [Discussion] We all know, That Guy
August 09, 2016 02:18PM

That guy/girl who decides to say "F your (whatever event)" because they don't care about you or anyone else, but they care about themselves. They even have the nerve to curse at you when you give them a taste of their own medicine and they know they are in the wrong. Oh and then there's that guy/girl who wants to make everyone feel bad because they are not happy.

View user profile https://www.delaroseroleplay.com

2 Re: [Discussion] We all know, That Guy on Wed Oct 26 2016, 22:33

Anaya

Admin
Admin

Morbius
avpic Hemophilia Awareness BadgeRoleplay AddictBlood Red Lust ~MsMedea*AMA* Official Vampire Friendly Avatar!lerlk
August 22, 2016 03:04PM

Ah this topic. Sadly I have encountered a few of these, one so bad that I continuously keep an eye on his name changes lest he bump into me again and catch me unaware.

What started with this one wasn't so much a pompous attitude (That came later...). No, he... let's call him "J" since it has no connection to his username, used to come into my very active RP and drop not so subtle hints that he needed things. It was worse when I played with a developer friend and he would drop in with his talk of how much he liked said friend's products. My friend just thanked him, several times over, through various rewordings until there was this awkward silence and we had forgotten what the heck we were even doing IC. It got worse later when J would come in while I was in the middle of tense semi-romantic scenes and start begging my RP partner directly for credits. All this I tolerated for some reason, only handing out verbal warnings until one day he came in as a well known canon Marvel character. The same character my friend was playing... He spent some ten minutes trying to tell her she couldn't play that character because said character was male and she was female. I explained she'd been playing that character for weeks. This mattered little to him, who then started picking on her avatar in very derogatory ways. My finger finally hit the boot button but I suffered sexist rants in my inbox for another hour before I blocked him.

Nowadays when I hear anyone on IMVU come into an RP I'm hosting and start with anything similar I boot. I hate to do it but I've gotten wiser and learned it's not worth the argument.

Anaya
August 24, 2016 11:34AM

@Morbius, it is really never worth the argument, I am a pro developer myself so the beging for creds I get all the time, like every day I just tell them to go hump someone elses leg then boot them from my pc, someday people will learn no one likes a begger. I hate booting but sometimes it is just easier to safe your own sanity and get on with your day and your rp.

But on another note, i met another "that guy" today, i am sure the female members of this group will understand. ok so i joined a Gorean rp thing, some people know the term others don't but i don't need to explain if people really want to know about it ask me privately. so i joined a group, their owner we will name him "V" was having a problem with another man we will call him Person B, this problem was Person B was sticking around his group, he told me, stealing his members away, sexually harassing the girls, and being a massive problem to him, he asked why is Person B still around, i will make a new group, and start over, i told him it was dumb and all it would be is running around like a chicken with its head cut off, i would find out why Person B was still around.

So I found Person B started talking with him, I found out the reason Person B was still around was due to a girl in Vs rp was flirting, chatting and doing sexual things with him via skype and imvu. and that person B was stick around cus he had a woman to cling to. it is a good reason to stick to a place lol

So after i just met person B, and this is the part I really hated, he INSTANTLY sent me a image of his member, I did not want to see it, I did not ask for it, it just came in the form of a link and after like what are you to say "ummm nice ummmm winky" I dont truly understand why some men have to do this like the first day of knowing a person. now after this, i still needed a bit more info from him so I played the part not giving him anything, hell not going to give images of my body, hells no, but I gave a nice smile and that was about it, played the part and then got the info I needed.

That was only the first bad thing, ewwwww dick pics, dude even sent a ...video on day 2 of knowing me XD but so i go back to the guy who asked for it, i told him what i learned via inbox to only get a rude you are a liar 2 faced Bi*ch inbox back. his slave girl was rather close to him i guess in real, and it turns out the truth of what i said was far from what he wanted to hear i can understand how sometimes it hurts to get things told to you, but i know if i was in his boots i would hear it all out, then judge on it then act the way i wanted to. not scream at the messenger saying they are a bad person and a bunch of fowl names cus they told you things you did not want to hear. and in truth the line "i own her in real so i trust her" "i USED to live with her" does not fully cover it when you are not there with them in real right now, how do you really know they are not doing things behind your back. people lie even friends sometimes and it really does suck when they do but dont be blinded by the friendship everyone can be a mean person or a liar if they are given the opportunity.

So as the day goes on it gets a bit worse boots and blocks and other junk, in the end, it was no longer worth it and i am sure in some little area of imvu there is an Anaya is the bad guy banner just cus they did not want to hear the truth that a friend was behind everything. it really does suck when it falls apart that way but you can't really change anything so just move on with life and deal right. people don't like the truth the truth is mean and hurtful it makes you look at it and see that you were wrong or you got hurt or in rare caes you were right but that means someone else was wrong. but shooting the messenger is what most people turn to when the truth is to hard to swallow.

But in the end maybe even in the fog people will see the truth even if it takes them a bit of time to swallow the pill. but I really hate this kind of people, don't shoot the messenger that delivered things you wanted to know, even if that info you wanted to know was harsh, hurtful, or different then what you really wanted. but that is my little rant about the new "that guy" I have come acreoss in my endevers.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/26/2016 01:35AM by Anaya.

Morbius
avpic Hemophilia Awareness BadgeRoleplay AddictBlood Red Lust ~MsMedea*AMA* Official Vampire Friendly Avatar!lerlk
August 26, 2016 01:26AM

I have found that when a guy sends you a picture of his unsolicited unmentionable bits there is one sure way to shut that down. (And why yes, I am female in real life. I think every woman has gotten at least a few of these sadly.) What you do is send a pic of one back. Usually a bigger one will work best. If you're feeling very mean spirited leave it as a link and he won't know until he clicks on it so that he may think he's getting a nice pic of you. If he gets upset just tell him that based on his initial pic you thought it was appropriate to share such things.

Moderate: Delete Message And Replies• Split Thread•Edit
Options: Reply
Anaya
August 26, 2016 01:34AM

you and I so have to be friends XD I like the way you think XD the next time it happens i am sure it will happen again in no time i will do just that, a wonderful response for sure.

LordRaythRavenHeart
avpic IMVU Newbie Content Creator BadgeCass banner1CassCassiopeia 2Neo1471HellstrongmissvvvBlue Wolf
October 15, 2016 11:00AM

*chuckles* well I when I was first learning T1/how to actually RP (which I am still learning myself lol xD) and I was sparring with a friend the person I was learning from kept going on about how they could post more lines and I was like omg would you shut the heck up and just watch this is about me not you then, eventaully it got to the point I couldn't take it anymore and well let's just say that me and my friend got booted out of the room when I was trying to learn to RP and stuff so yeah *chuckles* and I still haven't finished that spar yet lol xD

View user profile https://www.delaroseroleplay.com

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum