The Iron Dynasty, DeLaRose Role Play Group
Greetings and welcome, only go forth if you are over 18 years of age, if not please turn back now. if you are over the age of 18 feel free to view and register for the fourm. thank you so much for coming to see us if this is not your first time here please log in.
Welcome Everyone Feel Free to Register Post and Partake We Are friendly Please Fill out the Rules as Soon as You Join After Please Read and Sign the Policies You May Then Browse at Your Leisure If You Need any Help Please Contact Anaya the Admin or Any Moderators it is Our Job To Help You

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Iron Dynasty, DeLaRose Role Play Group » Valeria, Discord Hosted » The Iron Dynasty,A Rose Has Thorns »  Rose Has Thorns Part 4 - The Darker World

Rose Has Thorns Part 4 - The Darker World

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Anaya

Anaya
Admin
Admin
  Rose Has Thorns Part 4 - The Darker World - Page 2 03782e10

[hideedit]

Coyote420Last Friday at 9:12 PM
-The hound Yelped and shuddered, and like all the others, vanished with a poof of smoke. The little gnome gasped heavily, lifting a finger and pointing towards the distant shimmer through the trees. "That's..." It was clear these were his final words, the life leaving him in amazing rivulets as he fought for consciousness, his words were asking whispers. "The..." His eyes rolled and his head listed as ye blinked slowly, moving his tongue as if he was thirty. "B.." he stammered, "barrier...." The tiny gnome relaxed, eyes losing focus as its mouth hung open, pallid skin deprived of blood looking papers. Blood was everywhere... In the distance, the sounds of more hounds, far back the way he had come. The elf would know his trail had been found. Should he approach the shining light through the trees, or should he risk another encounter with the minions of darkness?

Onvyr Roric/Onyx DeadlockLast Friday at 9:20 PM
Onvyr already ran over and grabs onto the Gnome and already is running with his shirt being used to hold the bleeding. He hears the last words of him as he decides not a good idea to stick around to find out. He runs directly straight to the shining light that he can see through the tree, and of course he gets a sense as he turned to look, seeing his two eagles have found him and moves to fly forward ahead of him which only makes him push himself harder to sprint faster, throwing the gnome over his shoulder as he keeps running till he can see the light, he burst through the light of the woods as he can see the temples now, he continue to run through as he needed to make sure this gnome lives or at least be buried properly when if he has died completely.

Griggs and Party Journey to the North

Coyote42004/28/2019
"I won't do it simply because I love life." Griggs was scolding his axe, and the axe's argument came in some flashing glows from the handle. Griggs wrenched the axe of his back, sinking into a tree. "There, you gotta hit something. Look, it's a tree, tell me all the bad things the tree has done wrong according to your precious laws." He was scolding the axe, hitting the tree repeatedly as the axe's handle glowed. "Oh threats now is it?" Griggs slammed the axe into the tree again and the tree shifted. "Your glorious vendetta, punishing this tree for refusing to keep green leaves, which is the law of trees, axe. See you just enforce law, you don't ask why the law was broken." He hit the tree again with the axe and the tree teetered, tipped, and fell into the undergrowth with a roar. "Now look what you've done." Griggs laughed and the handles glow finally stopped. "Now keep your mouth shut or I'll keep finding law breakers... Those rocks over there probably haven't rolled properly." He threatened the axe. Still there was no response, and Griggs grunted in approval, put the axe one his back, and built a fire under a cleft in a creek bed. Once it was burning brightly he pulled out some of his tack, sat with his back to the rocks, and opened a canteen of mead to enjoy some rest and a meal. His mind drifted towards the peculiar problem of justice and the law, and where honor rested in all of that. Genuine headache material, the lot of it. Resigned to this form of medatative, trancelike fire watching, Griggs allowed himself to zone out a little after whistling. The whistle summoned a raven, and Griggs gave it a wee bit of tack before sending it out in a winged scouting mission, before resuming his thoughts.-

{Grace} - Zephyr||Eira04/29/2019
"Ey!" She yelled, jumping out of the way of the tumbling tree, at the hand of the angry nord. "DA FECK YOU ON ABOUT?" Eira scolded, over the roar of the tree but she was sure it was drowned out by the sound, flinching and ducking when it finally hit the ground with the rumble of its weight against the planet. She didn't know what the heck his problem was, but in her experience fighting with an axe never ended without blood. She didn't exactly want to die in a forest, squashed by a tree either. She shouldered her way through the underbrush around it, but by the time she had even gone around the large berth, and picked a new path, the viking had disappeared again. Exasperated, she followed him, falling back into brooding silence. The entire time, her thoughts wandered to a face long since gone from the pages of her history, but whose presence was still sought. The face was so similar to that of this man, it was almost insulting to be entirely honest. What if it wasn't him? She found him once more down by a creek bed, only exposed by the glow of his fire, with the flapping of a crow that was taking off, and moved till she was standing over the Clift that he had sequestered himself into "You'd off and leave a north born kin like that?" She spoke into the darkness, standing at the top of the cleft he sat under. She waited a moment for movement before hopping down into the area of the firelight,,with the clank of her armor and weapons.

Jeff/Iggy/Bellarose/Ulysees/Aku04/29/2019
Ingavor then ran toward them, noticing the flickering light in the distance. "Hey!" He yelled out after the two figures just as Griggs sat down. "Griggs." Ingy said slowly as he used Shadow step (1 of 3) to vanish, then appear next to Griggs, in the shadows of the near by trees. Ingavor bowed his head while he looked to Eira, whom seemed to be scolding Griggs. "I'm sorry to be rude and interupt the two of you and your-..." He then looked toward Griggs. "Conversation-...but-...I can help." he then grabbed the sides of Griggs's head without warning, causing both of their eyes to turn milk white for a few moments.
"YOU REMEMBER EVERYTHING!" He shouted, as the winds around them picked up, causing the waves in the creek bed to form. He then felt a surge of energy course through his body once he had full contact with the viking, as if his strength was embuing the mystic with more strength than he had ever hoped to have. His mana grew, as did his vitality, yet at the same time, Griggs was going through a boost of his own. He saw all the memories that he had lost flash through his head at breakneck speed, yet he was able to take in every detail, as if he was there. He was there. Ingavor's nose began to bleed slightly as he gave a shout, causing all the pine needles on the trees to drop to the ground all at once, as pure, raw power coursed through the two of them. They were giving each other new found strengths that they never thought possible. Griggs then would see his wife, in all her glory. The wedding. The battles. The shipwreck. Everything came flooding back. The leviathian came bursting from the ocean and capsized the ship with ease, injuring the poor man. Ingavor, then without warning, pulled away from Griggs, causing their eyes to turn normal. The steward breathed hard, wiping the blood from his nose. (Fate Weaver used. Ingavor is Level 20. Griggs is now level 20 due to donation. He now loses Amnesia). He looked toward Eira and smirked as he let out a large breath. "That's...(Breath).....your....(Breath)...wife." He then fell over with a thud into the dirt.

Coyote42004/29/2019
-Griggs remained motionless, his eyes starting straight ahead. During the fateweaver cast on him his visage had gone from the foolish, forgetful Griggs, to something colder, harder, harsher. It was with just such a brooding glarethat he stared straight forward, looking at neither Eira or Ingavor. A second of thought, shattered by the sound of Ingavor falling to the ground. His eyes flashed and his hand reached up, pulling free the sword of burning, which was tossed to Eira. (Griggs loses Sword of Burning, Mastercraft Critical 19–20/×2  Damage is 2d6+5 burning) Eira gains it) They could make up later, there was work to be done. "Comere woman, let's get his armor off and set him up to the fire." Lifting Ingavor Griggs simply unfastened the man's armor, then propped him up against a rock and pulled off the bearskin he wore as a bedroll and rolled the man into it. Making sure Ingavor was comfortable, Grigge took off his own armor, and laid it beside the man "I doubt you healed me just to see me perish." He spoke to Ingavor. Donning the Heavy Ebony Armor himself he glanced at Eira, flashing a smile that spoke of raiding, pillaging, and a joy in the life. (Griggs gains Inavor's +10 AC Heavy Ebony Armor-cheshires-) They didn't leave Ingavor alone though. While the man rested Griggs walked up to Eira and walked around her, looking her over carefully before he laughed lightly. "Y' knae me woman." He continued laughing, standing in front of her. "Yer far too gentle. M' Eira'd be cuffin' by now." Of course he knew it was her, but it had been a long time. Her scolding him from the top of the bank was ignored, and he leaned close, sniffing at her belligerantly. "Who are ye then?"

The brush rustled and the heavy clodding of a man running alerted Eira to something amiss, and she stepped back with her axe in hand. The scolding stopped abruptly, and Eira waited leerily. A man burst out of the thicket, one she didn't know but who apparently knew the north born male. He said his name, and Eira's mind reeled. 'Griggs. Farion Griggs. It is him.' She murmured caught off guard and in a mental tailspin. She hadn't actually thought about what her reaction would be if she ever did find the man who had wed her, bed her, and then left her so many years ago. In the meantime the man who had chased them down had his hands on Griggs and some weird thing happened with their eyes. Eira wasn't sure. She was just in shock, and when the man at last released Griggs and stated that Eira was Grigg' s wife before falling over, Eira narrowed her gaze on him, and then glanced up to see a much more... normal... looking Griggs. The expression she remembered much more, of the brazen berserker that riddled her memories. The Recognition painted her visage, even as he tossed her a sword. Which fell by her feet, but she bent to pick it up, inspecting it before she sheet he'd it on her belt. She didn't say a word while Griggs traded armor and wrapped the man in his bearskin, but anger rolled off of her like a storm and her glacial blue eyes were dripping in scorn. To add insult to injury, Griggs taunted her once he was done, and Eira watched him, jaw set and teeth gritting against themselves. Her hands clenched into fists, and she growled before at last lashing out at him.
"Ye fobbing pillock!" She reached and grabbed onto Griggs beard and yanked him closer, boring those torrential depths into his in dangerously close proximity. "Ye leave fer thirteen years and 'Ave tae gall tae say I ain't ya woman!?" Her hand flew back and she brought it around, smacking his face hard. "Ye off an' leave an' dun come back, an t'ink ye kin talk at me like Dat? Aft'a I been all o'er da feckin world lookin' fer ye." She growled, shoving him backwards with all of the weight in her person. "Yer nuthin but a bellowin' grubby pignut" She spat at the ground at his feet and stepped over the passed out Ingavor to haul a clenched fist at him. "Would'na be surprised if'n yer seed won't spread ov'r tae whole o' Valeria while yer WIFE bellyaches fer ya return!"

Coyote42004/29/2019
Griggs grinned into the estrogen tyrade. His blues narrowed in a silent challenge, then flew wide when she grabbed his beard. 'Wop!' her slap reeled his head back and he backed up when shoved, but she was in pursuit. Her fist connected and his back hit the rocks, and slowly his shoulders started shaking in laughter. "I've missed yer gentle touch, woman." He was smiling broadly and when she pushed forward he wrapped her in a crushing embrace. "There was an accident." That was all the answer he gave her. And when he released her he rested his forhead against hers. "Leviathon.... War.... Strange gods." He didn't say much else, but jutted his head towards Ingavor. "The wee southman helped me remember, somehow." He looked around at all the fallen trees before returning his gaze to her eyes. "How long has it been, anyways?" The memories hadn't come with a time line, but the way Eira was talking it had been quite a while. He didn't respond to the accusations of his seed spreading. Even with inabors help he couldn't rememeber any of that. "Let me look at you.x grabbing her shoulders he held her at arm's length and searched her face, intently studying her features before he palmed her face, grinning, and shoved her back, only to move forward with her momentum and grab her chest plate with two fingers to stop her from staggering back too far. "I expect your search is over then, my Eira." Flashing her a wide smile he itched his chin where she had pulled her beard, then gestured towards Ingavor. "We're going back home." He wiped the blood from the corner of his mouth where she had punched him, using the back of his hand. "But I cannot leave the little bastard like that."

Ingavor was floating endlessly in the black void, just travelling through the nothingness. He stared into the abyss of blackness, and it stared back, with it's cold, unmoving gaze. Why was he constently trying to help those whom he didn't know deserved it. Everytime he exerted himself, he was here, floating. Everytime. He thought of Griggs and his adventure. How could someone just lose 13 years of his life like that, and be totally fine with it, as if he didn't lose a thing? Yet, somthing, while he was in mid thought, started to form from the darkness. It was a shadow, in the shape of a man. "You are nothing." It spoke, with 100 different voices and tones behind it. "You try so hard to help people, and yet you can't even help yourself. Even now, as you lay in the dirt, the ones you try so hard to protect are leaving you behind. The ones you exhaust yourself for steal from you. The ones you love will get you killed." Ingavor stared the being down, and was about to say something until he was pulled from the void, where he shot awake back into reality. Rising from the bear skin, he felt confined. Ingavor grunted to himself, trying to break free. His aura rose high, which caused blue like mist to surround his body.
Winds ensued as Ingavor's aura started to unwrap the bear skin from around his body, while Ingavor floated onto his feet, using his telekensis. Once his feet touched the ground, he looked over just in time to see Eira get pulled into an embrace by Griggs. He crossed his arms, and smiled, before looking down and noticing that his armor was now not on his body, but instead, bits and pieces of it were on Griggs. Instantly, Ingavor's anger rose. "Give. It. Back." He said in righteous anger, as the blue mist danced and flickered around his form, like he was in the middle of a giant fire pit. Griggs would see this 5'11 tall man burst with power as he spotted the armor on his body. "I don't want to hurt anyone. But that armor is the only thing I have left of my father." He narrowed his eyes. "We can trade." He said, not liking violence. After stomping that man's head in, he wanted to avoid as much blood as he could. Not because he didn't trust his ability to destroy the both of these vikings, but because it was wrong. They were doing what was in their nature. Steal, pillage, survive. Ingavor tried his best to understand, but Griggs, now being smarter, especially with the Axe, would see the sentemental value of the armor to Ingavor. "Just-..." He took out his mythril sword from his side. "Take this powerful sword, and give me my father's armor. It's literally-...the only thing I have of his." He furrowed his brow as balls of fire exploded in his hands with the sword in his right hand. "Or-...we can do this the hard way Griggs. I am just trying to help you, and I'd appreciate getting to walk away with damn near everything I came over here with."(edited)

The laughter peeled from him, and it diffused her tirade almost entirely when she realized that he was messing with her. "Ye deserve more o' Dat so call' gentleness!" She protested stomping angrily, not at all feeling bad for letting him have it and when he wrapped her in his crushing embrace she resisted at first, but then fell into it with all the decade of longing one of her nature could have. Her forehead met his briefly, and she searched his eyes as though looking for the anchor of time. "An ye jus took his armor." She laughed, and gave a shrug, hand falling to the hilt of the sword he had handed her upon remembrance. "It been thirteen year, Farion." She muttered. "I dinae know if ye were dead, er if ye jus gave up on yer wife." She had been abandoned, she thought. His hand touched her face and she turned into the caress only to be face-palmed backwards. Her head went first and then her feet, stumbling back 'Oof' she muttered, pausing mid stumble at the tug on her armor by Griggs. Home was something she would have to re-learn. She had been gone for so long from it herself, that she didn't know how to stay in one place for longer than it was useful for her to do so. And yet she longed for the simplicity of something like that. Maybe with Griggs is would be different.
Only time would tell. She glanced back at Ingavor, the puny southman, and back to Griggs with a shrug. "He yer friend, or foe?" She asked, already knowing the answer. But before he could answer, a blue mist rose from around him and she startled backwards. "Da feck is Dat??" She asked, eyes painted in surprise. He had somehow levitated from the coverings, and now stood arms crossed, and he was angry. Eira choked on a condescending laugh. He reminded her much of her nephew Siggurd, with his arms crossed over like that, making demands to a Viking. Siggurd had been left behind in Stovania, and Eira wasn't even sure Griggs knew who he was. She stepped to the side, eyeing the little southie warily, despite the offer of trade, and the burst of fire in his palm. Her eyes widened momentarily and then narrowed. Whatever Griggs decided to do, she'd follow suit.

Coyote42004/29/2019
"Easy guard puncher." Griggs stepped forward until he was right in front of Ingavor glaring at the little man in Ernest efforts to descipher his intentions before he looked at the sword. He loosed a small huff, then took the sword, waved it around a couple times, and gave a nod of approval. "Acceptable." He said, sheathing the weapon. He took the armor off, piece by piece, and handed the pieces over as they were removed, only to pick his own armor back up and fasten it to his form, talking as he did. "I am returning to my Homeland." The click of a buckle sounded, and he glance at Ingavor. "You will always have a friend with Fairon and Eira Griggs, but I mean what I said when I told you to leave your war behind you if ever you come to Galandor. We've no wish to tangle with any gods." Stooping he grabbed up the bearskin and spun it over his shoulder, fastening it again to the chest peice he was wearing. Finished with the trade, he rested his hand on the man's shoulder, and Ingavor would receive visions of the laws of Grigg's Homeland, of the people there. "You have in that group people clinging to each other, who endanger each other. My axe however prejudice, is not entirely wrong. You all endanger yourselves. Be careful." He then turned and headed north. Eira would follow he was sure. "Wind and steel, southman." We're Griggs last words, a Marauder's blessing, but a blessing all the same.

Ingavor instantly dropped his guard, as Griggs took the sword from him. In all honesty, Ingavor wasn't of much use with it. He was more of a scythe weilder and magic user anyhow. As the pieces were handed back to him, he started to fasten them back into place, but noticed that because of Griggs's huge nature, he snapped some of the joints ands clips of his armor plates. Ingavor, looking as the man started speaking, ignored this as he used the smallest amount of aura to keep the armor in place. (AC lowered from 40 to 30 due to Griggs's breaking certain pieces) "Oh thank the gods. I too treasure your friendship, Griggs." He bowed his head. Ingavor may have been small compared to the vikings, but he was indeed a lot more powerful than they were magic wise, and knew that the fight would have taken one of their lives. Griggs was a power house, and with his sheild maiden trying to help him fight, Ingavor would have had to resort to using ranged magic, which wouldn't have boaded well for the vikings. Either way, Ingavor would have died, and left his friends behind, or he would have killed a friend, and never would have been able to get a good night's sleep for the rest of his life. He was glad it didn't come down to that. "You both stay safe-..." He said, as his mist fell, while he eyed the viking woman. "Keep him from forgetting who he is." Griggs then spoke of Ingavor always being able to go to Galandor to seek them out. He noted that. "Thank you Griggs-.."
Then he placed a hand on Ingavor's shoulder, giving him all the laws and views. Jeff, may have broken a law reguarding Galandor kings, but it seemed the Axe, and Griggs didn't take into account that Jefferic was not acting king at all, and was written out of the line for the crown by the acting ruler of the Iron at the time. Anaya. He didn't say this however, as he knew Griggs and Eira both meant well, and only wanted to uphold truth. Griggs, by following the law, was only doing what was right by his heart. Jeff, by saving all he could, and fighting to keep them alive, was doing the same. Two men. Two different perspectives. Both good in soul. Both good in nature. Ingavor, as Griggs took his hand away, and said his final goodbye, gave a nod, fully understanding Griggs's points of view and his wants. He was going to survive in HIS homeland with HIS wife, and try to live the life he had lost. Ingavor respected that, and knew that in a way, Griggs was fighting his own war with Caliga. He thought that if he stood far from her path, she would leave him and his people alone. He was wrong. She wanted everyone to conform to her desires. Even if Griggs wanted nothing to do with the war of the gods, he was already fighting it. The entire planet was. Ingavor wanted to make him understand that, but he knew that he could never. So, he simply watched the two leave toward their home, while he turned the opposite direction, and walked back toward the camp, with only one stray sword missing from his belt.
(Ingavor has returned to Sam's back, and enters the Temple first, to do recon)(edited)

The men exchanged words and weapons, and Eira stomped out the small fire that Griggs had built when he first stopped in this particular creek bed. She turned ash and dirt over the embers with her boot so that the glow was quelched, and all that remained was the tendril of smoke that rose from the obvious charred burn spot in the ground and peices of blackened wood. After Ingavor left, seemingly happy with the exchange, she glanced after Griggs who stalked off through the forest once more, no warning, no words, no gestures. She grumbled. "Aft'a so many years ye still 'avn learnt!" She rolled her eyes and picked up a stick that was nearby the small creek bed fire. She lobbed it at Griggs to get his attention, if it hit him it was only aimed at his shoulder, otherwise it would fall short and hit the ground. "Gon' raise tae daughters tae never foller a man." She jutted out her chin indignantly, "D'ey leave ye, even after ye find em." She of course did make her way after him, and if he looked back at her he'd see that she was struggling to keep a straight face.

Coyote42004/29/2019
-The stick struck him and he turned, raising a brow at Eira and waiting for her to catch up. Once she did he continued walking, muttering good-naturedly. "What, you wanna stay?" He laughed and shook his head. "Dinnuh ye just scold me for staying so long? Forgive a man for tryin' to make things right as quickly as possible." The was no warning, but he shouldered her towards a brush thicket and started running. The creek bed ran north and south and was dry for whatever reason, so it made traveling through the wood much easier than walking through the brush may have been. This creek was either seasonal or simply dried out due to the disastrous condition of the land. Fairon's strides carried him over boulders and he kept across any shape gaps, but because of the heat, and his less than toned belly, he soon tired after only a mile, and slowed back down to a walk.- "yeah, I've decided I'm not in a feggin hurry." He confessed, heaving for air as he turned his beet red face towards his wife. "I can't wait to feel the breath of Mora again."

"No I didn't wanna stay." She muttered, "Ye forgo——" his shoulder collided with the side of her body and the momentum threw her into the bush alongside the creek bed they were walking through. She heaved, the air knocked out of her as she landed and rolled through dead and dying leaves and the moist mud. "Ye antiquited blob!" She spat, rolling to her knees and then righted herself. A string of curses could be heard as he ran from the scene, and she just walked, plucking out leaves and twigs from her golden knots, and from her clothing. She wiped her face, smearing the dirt that had attached itself to her cheek. After several minutes she caught up to him sucking air at a walk and she laughed, shaking her head. "Save yer energy for romping. Mora will be a welcome change, these lands 'Ave done nothing but take. Lost me, nephew, lost me pillagin' opportunity. Lost me pride due to a prince wit'a hero complex." She shook her head. "Should'a been in Valhalla. Guess it's good I ain't."

Coyote42004/29/2019
"Look at you, whole list of your own adventures." He grinned and then told her about meeting the giant sea serpent, the amnesia, and the insane axe he carried. He showed he the axe, and it's and let flared repeatedly. "You're guilty, axe says so. "Broke fielty, for fielty." He chuckled and put the axe back.- "I don't listen to the axe anymore though." He explained. What little sun their had been was quickly fading, and while they had made just over a mile of distance between themselves and the insane collage of rebels he had the great misfortune to meet, it was as good a place as any to stop. Taking off one of the mead-filled canteens he gave it to her, the took the other and popped the top, ingesting a generous portion himself. "Shall we travel all night? It's cooler but probably more dangerous. There's a well-lit town a ways ahead of us." He laughed, but ruefully as he recorked the canteen and looked towards Eira. "Daylight is a bit safer but much hotter."

Griggs showed her the axe, and she listened to his stories, cataloging the details like her own historical recounting of the years she had missed out on. When the axe flickered, Eira narrowed her eyes on it and glanced up at Griggs with a smirk. "Guess you'll have to kill me then. Law dun bothers with details." they had not been walking long, but both of them had been bombarded with more than their fair share of crazy in one day, that rest was an inevitable and necessary piece to their success if they were going to make it to Galandor. She knew enough of the southern portions by now that the dangers that lurked in the night weren't something they wanted to encounter without the strength to defeat them. Taking the offered canteen from Griggs, she guzzled a few gulps before handing it back to him. "I haven't eaten all day." She wiped her mouth with the back of her hand and glanced down at the bandage on her leg. She hadn't felt the pain of the injury enough to hobble so she assumed it was healing fine. "Dangers I'm not worried about, but I'm going to make a fire here and eat, then sleep. If you'd like to stay you can. We can reach the town tomorrow, and maybe stock up on supplies while the shops are open." Her shoulders rolled in a shrug.

Coyote42004/29/2019
-He refused the canteen, it was hers to keep. Swinging his pack off his shoulder he handed her one of the wraps of tack. Dried fruits and meats, shredded and packed together, made for great traveling food that was both palatable and nonperishing. Taking off his shield and the two hand axes he set these down before beginning to kick a pile of dried leaves together while his hands began snapping the very ends off a fallen tree's branches. The fire wasn't long in starting, and after eating and some catching up with Eir, Fairon was snoring, wrapped in his bearskin and leaning against a rotten stump.

The canteen wasn't received by Griggs and Eira's brow furrowed slightly before she shrugged and took it for herself. The Mead was a welcome and warmly received change from the water that she had been drinking for the last several weeks of traveling, and she took another swig before recorking the canteen. Dropping it to the ground, she took the offered wrap of tack from Griggs as well and dropped her ax, swords, and shield in a pile besides Griggs own pile. Eira gathered their bearskins and laid them out while Farion started the fire and she sat up a long while after he had fallen asleep. They had eaten together and talked long into the night. It had been so long since she had seen him, she wasn't really even sure it wasn't a dream. She didn't want to sleep, for fear that she would wake and he would be gone again. She didn't touch him either just in case he was just a figment of her imagination and would disappear if she made herself aware of it. She didn't know how to be a married woman. Thirteen years alone had changed the way she carried herself. But she couldn't resist the call of exhaustion forever and was soon sleeping on the ground wrapped in her own bearskin, by his leg, her feet close to the embers of the flames. The night brought many noises, the wildlife only staying at bay because of the flames that Eira fed every time she felt the chill of the night in her feet. ———the next morning——— A mouse scurried over her arm, chattering in her ear and Eira jerked away from the tickling. Rolling over with a groggy moan, she didn't even open her eyes, and pulled the bearskin tighter around herself, dipping her head into the hide so all that was seen as a long log of brown fur. The fire had died out, the tendril of smoldered smoke spiraling into the sky. The moon had slipped out of the heavens, the stars with it, and all that remained was the faint glow of daylight against the darkened existence of this sunless world.

Coyote42004/29/2019
-Griggs was sitting on a nearby Boulder facing the rising sun, the black ax leaned up against a nearby rock. He was contemplating the glorious power of the gods, baffled by their wars. Whichever of them won made no difference to Griggs, and even though he was entirely out of context, he didn't imagine himself important enough to be any of their concern. Whichever god wanted to rule should kill the others, and do so. What cryptic understanding there were of a life outside of this one were beyond his intention and concern. He had such thoughts for about a half hour, before deciding that here and now he would just do what he saw as right and just. This, a most dangerous platform on which any man could stand, would be the best that he could do. After all, who was there to trust? His mind wandered back to the Galandor Wolves, how and if they would or could accept such news. He was contemplating how he would pitch it to them when the caliga hound lept out at him. Griggs caught it by the throat and let it wryth in his grasp a moment before he tossed it into the brush where it immediately started making a horrible racket that was sure to wake Eira. He turned and glanced at the woman. Perhaps Galandor could escape this war by simply minding their own business. The racket died down the further the creature got away and Fairon shouldered his gear, burdening hi self again with all the weapons. "Morn." He greeted Eira whenever she looked his way. Taking a smooth chunk of river rock he honed the edge of the mithril sword, gently and carefully abying it's cutting edge into a clean angle before he stood and stretched.- "Let's skip the town, see if we can't get to snow before the week is out."

Last edited by Anaya on Wed May 22 2019, 17:04; edited 3 times in total

View user profile https://www.delaroseroleplay.com

Anaya

Anaya
Admin
Admin

Eira crouched low in the brush while a hand clutched her axe close at the ready. Her hands were black and crusted, caked in the blood of her nephew, and just on the other side of the bush was a caliga hound with soul peircing eyes that stared her down. It's snarling maw opened, and it spoke to her in a language she had never heard before but understood clearly. "He's with us" it hissed, the black tar like flesh rippled over the muscles that tensed in its shoulder. "Come join him, you know you should have stayed. You know you should have fought for him. You abandoned your kin a long time ago. Prove to us you don't actually break your own laws." It spoke, it's tone low and conniving. Eira watched, her heart racing at the sheer size and proximity of the beast, but she didn't move. "Come and take me." She beckoned, holding out her axe hand from her body, she opened herself to attack and the Calgia hound lounged.....
------- Eira woke with a start, shooting straight up from her bearskin furs as the pained, soul hungry howl of a Caliga hound pierced her ears and slowly retreated from earshot. She spun around in her furs, lounging to her feet drenched in the sweat of her dream, but there was nothing to fight. Only Fairon, and the fire, and the steady slide of his new sword against the wetted edge of a river rock. Her breath steadied when she realized she wasn't actually in eminent danger, and she held up her hands. Clean. They raked down her sleep swollen face, and she cleared her throat while adjusting her clothing. "Morn...." She returned. Her voice came out husky and not yet attuned to talk for the day, it still held onto the sleepy edges of rest. "Yeah. We'd make good time I think. It's just the two of us." Eira agreed, rummaging through her pile of stuff. She opened her pack and pulled out two wrapped chunks of meat, and the canteen of Mead that Fairon had given to her the night before. Making her way over to him, she sat beside him and offered one of the chunks, and the canteen.

Coyote42004/29/2019
He took the food, biting into it after wetting his throat with the contents of the canteen. Breakfast was short, a heavy meal before travel was in poor form, a d they had opted for daytime travel. The cool of the night had been envigoraring and Griggs was soon on his feet. "Let's get." Was all he said, and turning he marched northward as his raven swooped down and landed on his shoulder. It got a crunv of meat for it's loyalty, and ha nothing alarming to report. "Don't kill the dogs, we're not part of this war." He glanced at Eira, flashing a smile. It wasn't ling before the plume of smoke that was the iron flying away came into view, and wasn't much longer before it was behind them. "We need to report in to the Wolves." He said musingly. "I'm not sure exactly what I will tell them, or that I can convince them. But I'll do my duty by them, then maybe we can return home, or buy a boat and leave the land, depending on how they answer." He had gotten some tack from his pack, Eira had her leftovers from the night prior, and Fairon ate as he walked, brooding.

Whatever food was left over was stuffed back into her pack, after she had eaten her fill along with the canteen, and she shouldered it before packing on her axe, shield, and swords on her person. The weight of it was distributed across her form in a way that after years of carrying it, she felt light and naked without it all. A raven swooped down to his shoulder and she eyed it curiously. "Easier said than done." She snarked back at Fairon's comment on not killing the caliga hounds. "If they try to kill me, they're going to get killed." She shrugged. "Self defense." She flashed him a sideways glance and smirked. Things were fairly silent most of the journey besides the occasional comment about tracks, and smells, and sounds. They passed Iron, and Eira nodded in agreement about informing the Galandor wolves about what they had witnessed. Though Griggs knew more than she did about the true state of the country and their war with a god. "When did the affairs of men concern the gods?" she asked at last. They came from a place where there was no contact with their respective deities, and the fact that the southern half of the world seemed in cahoots with one was more than she really wanted to comprehend."Whatever we do... I need to know who me husband is again" She murmured quietly to herself more than anything. Journeying with him would provide much of that, no doubt. Eira wasn't hungry as Fairon pulled out tack and chewed as he walked. The heat was more than enough to keep her feeling full for quite some time.

Coyote42004/29/2019
More hounds had come, but they left when shouted at. It was getting towards sunset again when Fairon proposed they travel through the night as well. His reason? The cool of night was easier to travel in than daytime was. They had stopped at a place where water was sitting through moss, seeming to come from an underground spring. Fairon had tested it by smell first, then taste, then he let a mouthful sit in his mouth. When there were no adverse effects he drank a little of it, and he was dousing his head in the pool it creates the water was cooler than the air, an improvement. Mead was drank, until the canteen was empty and Fairon filled his canteen with the water. "When's the last time you were home?" Blue eyes watched Eira as he asked this. He found it strange that she had hunted him down. He, like Eira, faulted himself for his absence, but his mission had been one of duty to the Galandor wolves, thirteen years ago. By now the entire hierarchy may have changed, by now there may be nobody left who recognized him. All of these things would create pivot points in his mind. He wasn't fatigued, but he was stiff from walking for far, and leaning against a boulder he waited on her travel verdicts.

The wildlife was alert and moving, steering clear of their path and it served them well in their traveling. Caliga hounds were growing scarce the further north they went, and by sunfall the temperature had dropped considerably. It was actually comfortable. Not as sweltering, even without the sun to warm the planet. Eira considered his proposal to continue but had given him no answer yet when they happened upon a swamp land of moss and spring water. Moss was a natural water purifier, and she bent toward it, ru Ning her fingers along the cool edge of the grassy strands. She waited curiously for Griggs to test it out. Had it been just her, she'd have done the same but both of them didn't need to die doing thd same thing. After Griggs nodded approvingly, she sighed in relief and grabbed her canteen. It was nearly empty, the last few drops guzzled down before she filled it with the contents of the small pool. Griggs asked her a question and she glanced up at him briefly, pulling her eyes away from him just as fast as she had sought them out. Clearing her throat, she pulled out her other two canteens, emptying the stale water from it onto the ground before she filled these as well and corked them. "Few months ago..." She murmured after some time. "I go back every few months with the wealth I've pillaged, to help Ma, and Siggu— just Ma now." She finished, her voice dropping off morosely. Returning the canteens full and sloshing back into the pack, she cupped her hands in the pool and splashed her face with the cold refreshment before she continued."Kept to meself fer da most part." She was hunched on her heels at the edge of the pool and rose as she shouldered her pack once more, now heavy with the additional pounds of fresh water. "Not a lots changed in the villages. I dunnae about any o' tae governing powers. All I hear is rumors but they mean nothing to me." She glanced at him curiously and then jutted her chin in the northern direction "Let's keep going."

Coyote42004/29/2019
His brows pricked curiously as she almost said someone's name and then checked herself. He pushed it out of his mind with a shrug and walked beside her. She'd say something if she ever wanted to, it wasn't that he didn't care, it was just that he wasn't curious enough to contemplate an excuse for prying the information from her. "How's yer Ma?" He asked, cringing slightly as he remembered an incident involving a skillet. He didn't reach for the scar under his hair though. Thanks memory faded, fought of by other, better memories and he grinned at the thoughts of home. It was getting darker and darker, Fairon focussed a little more on foot placements, which took his attention off surroundings.-

Eira's sister had been on the cusp of birthing Siggurd. He was born to a night with no moon, just days after Fairon and several other men in the village had left to do the Wolves bidding all those years ago and she wasn't sure if Griggs remembered or not. She wouldn't blame him if he didn't. It was ironic to her that they had fought wolves just before the dragon had landed at the temple. Had even taken from them for their own survival, and now they were returning to Galandor where the metaphorical Wolves were prevelant and ruling. Eira didn't know if they'd be fighting those Wolves too, at the news they would receive. "Eh, last I left her she was strugglin truth be told. I should have stayed then. Age comes fast, and for a woman on her own..." Eira glanced at Griggs, before rutning her gaze to her shuffling feet. "I dunno if she'll be alive when we return." Eira wasn't worried about the woman being cared for. The village was tightly knit and her mother had earned her place among the respected elders. She was worried that her mother would feel abandoned in her last days, like Siggurd did. The dream she had only confirmed what she knew to be true and she fought against those thoughts, turning them instead to the Galandor wolves and to the war that was going on in the south even as they traversed the landscape. She thought of home, and the creature comforts of tribe, and what that even meant. Glancing at Griggs, she flashed a smile. "Tell me more about your excursions. I want to know what Fairon Griggs was like in the absence of his wife." She winked playfully, and fell into stride.

Coyote42004/29/2019
This is where Fairon wasn't sure how to answer. "Oh, I imagine I was busy." He scratched his beard and continued walking. "I like to think I had a good reason." Had it really been thirteen years since that wreck? His eyes narrowed and he couldn't even believe it. He said nothing about traveling only in the mountains for so long. He didn't mention the years of research he had done on these gods and their history. (Guess I'll use it for giving Griggs something?) "What I can say is we want no part of what is happening down here. I'm not the brightest torch on the wall, but to me fighting the gods, a god, any god by definition is a mind blowing hopelessness." Here he paused and glanced at Eira. Rolling his shoulder in a shrug he looked back down and continued moving through the dark. "Unlike back home, according to the historian, these gods show up." The rueful chuckle that escaped him did nothing to make it seem like he thought this was a good thing. He didn't know what else to say and just kept walking. Sure, there was more to share, but the more he thought about it the less justified disappearing seemed.

Iron was so far behind them, Eira wasn't sure where they were now, but hearing Fairon retell parts of his story, she wondered how it was that she had never crossed paths with him sooner. In any case, the temperature continued to drop and that told Eira that they were at least headed in the right direction. "I'd want no part of the southern half of this world even if they didn't have a war. They're only good for wealth, but even that is getting harder to find." Eira walked her head upturned in thoughtful reflection as she watched the stars and the moon against the night sky. The thought of the gods coming down from their high places and mingling with the likes of mortals was beyond her. She didn't understand it at all and her face twisted confusingly on the matter. "What could humans have that they want?" The thought that humans could even be a thought on the pendulum of the gods was mind blowing, but before she could make any further comments, her foot caught a tree root and she flipped forward, falling on her face.

Coyote42004/29/2019
He responded with a nod to wealth being harder to find. They hadn't passed a single farm, or even a village. Raiding would be useless here for a total lack of people. He was watching his own feet when Eira fell right after asking a question, and when she did fall, he moved and sat next to her. "Good idea" his hand thumped into her armor on her back. "Good place to rest." Fishing into his back pack he pulled out the dress found at the castle, and whenever she looked up from her fall he would be dangling it in front of her. "I think someone wears this like clothing." He laughed. "To me it looked like it was worth something." He twisted the golden chain so the moonlight caught the facets of gems, glinting. He offered it to her, figuring she'd want to touch it anyways.

April 30, 2019
{Grace} - Zephyr||Eira04/30/2019
She groaned, laying there for several long moments, so when Griggs slapped her armor and commented about it being a good place to stop she peeled her face from the ground and turned to look at him. "Good a place as any" she cleared her throat, completely brushing it off and rolled to her back. Or, as much as the gear on her back allowed her to. He pulled out some long bit of conveluted gold chains, and her eyes widened. "That would fit on me big toe!" she exclaimed toward the dress, taking it from Fairon as he offered it, to get a good look at it herself. "it has gold, it hastae be worth somethin" shrugging she handed it back to him and stared up at the sky a moment. "Maybe we can melt it down into something useful."

Coyote42004/30/2019
He sat the morning away while Eira slept, possibly two hours of contemplation, but still no new answers came to him. With a sigh, he too retired. He didn't wake again until nightfall, and Rose, moving to some trees to releive himself before returning to camp and kicking at Eira's feet. Ahead of them were the border ranges dividing Valeria. This would be their fourth day of travel, and so far they had no real trouble. They might even make it. They had started no fire, and Fairon opened one pack of tack, handing the other to Eira. He was out of food after this. In the morning they would have to hunt. "Should we go home, or speak to the wolves, first?" He asked his wife, talking with his mouth full and shoving more of the dried meats and fruits into his maw right after speaking.-

Sleep had been sweet, her body tired and sore from travel and sleeping on the ground, but it wasn't any worse than she was already accustomed to. They had been going hard, covering ground quickly and she had caught glimpses Of the mountains in the distance. They were getting close to home. She woke groggily, Fairon's feet smacking hers and she growled at him moodily before rising. She didn't hurry, and sat in the midst of her bear fur, with the pack of tack he handed her. She ate from the contents slowly, chewing and swallowing thoughtfully to his question. Eira really didn't understand the war, or what was going on. "Fairon, I don't know. What is higher priority? If we go to the village, we may be there a while, just getting things settled." She watched him eat, searching for any clue as to what he was leaning toward. Aside from her mother, she had no ties anywhere. "Home isn't a place anyhow, Fairon. It's a person" She said in passing. "You know that as much as anyone. Once past the mouth o' Mora, anywhere we go would be home..." She paused and awkwardly shifted before flahsing him an amused grin " it's home As long as we're together."

Coyote42004/30/2019
-Griggs grinned at her words and said nothing, simply have his racen a piece of tack and sent it out scouting. The bird would tell him if anything was close. He ate more himself, washing it down with the spring water before he turned and looked at Eira. "I have not been to Galandor in years." He said flattly. "What if I get there and the war is already there? If it is, home has to b priority, we'll get your mother and head to my arenrs stead in the woods near the root. If the war isn't there yet, I need to speak to the Galandor Wolves." It was a useless feeling, having been gone so long after being sent on a simple scouting mission. Why had Leviathon stopped them? Could it be that the god of the see wanted to keep the north to himself? Fairon couldn't know what gods wanted, he had yet to speak to any of them. Wait, that wasn't entirely true. The beast that had sunk their ship had been speaking, but it's voice was hard to understand, and of course the northmen hadn't backed down. His brow furrowed and he grabbed his gear. "Let's just keep moving." He said, taking a couple steps. He stopped and looked back at the beauty on the bearskin. "It's hard to know what to do when I don't know what I'm getting into."

The stars and moon once more made their presence known in the night, and nodded in acknowledged acceptance of Fairon's words. Sensing the apprehension and uncertainty in his voice and demeanor, she didn't protest when he urged her to continue on, and met his glance with a smile despite the helpless expression of her eyes. She had her bearskins slung over her shoulders again, and re packed her weaponry and backpack once more. The entire process took only a few moments now, with practiced skill and efficiency, and before long she had joined him. The raven was a new addition, and Eira wondered what it took to call her own. "How do I do that?" She asked once, after the raven took some tack and chortled on Grigg's shoulder before taking off with a squawk again.

Jeff/Iggy/Bellarose/Ulysees/Aku04/30/2019
The sounds of Gnashing and stomping came out of the blue, while trees began to fall in the direction of the two. What was it? Who was it? Those questions had to be put on halt, as a large boulder came flying straight for Griggs. (Please roll for dodge.)

Coyote42004/30/2019
"Just give a whistle, see if one likes you. Maybe hold out some food." He suggested, trudging along beside her. The refreshing cold that the air bore was a constant reminder, however faint, of the driving windstorms of Home. It was windy tonight as well. Oddly, moonlight was nearly as bright as the sunlight these days, who knew, maybe even brighter. Still, under the boughs of what remained of the canopy the creek bed was dark. At least this far north there was water running in it. Mosquitos buzzed lightly, but couldn't penetrate the beard and hair tat protected his neck and face. His shoulders were mostly covered by the bearskin as well, so hum as they like, they went hungry. His Raven called, and Griggs reached for, and retrieved his axe. It's handle glowed, and he asked it to search out dangers before he glanced at his beloved. "Something might be coming." He stopped traveling and moved against the face of the washout, setting his pack to the ground with the two hand axes. A glance urged Eira to prepare herself. Just then, terrible sounds erupted and Griggs looked in the direction it came from just to get pinned under a large, flying Boulder. It knocked the wind out of him, but didn't really hurt, and he found himself stuck. Using the handle o the ace he began leveraging the boulder off himself. "Eira, quick, get this off me, something is coming."

Eira, following Fairon's advice and glancing at him unbelievably as though to ask if that's really all it took-had a chunk of meat in the palm of an outstretched hand in a matter of a few moments. A shrill whistle sounded from her pursed lips, and she waited. Although walking, she was slowly picking her way behind Fairon, and was delighted when a raven descended from the evening sky to her hand. It perched, taking the meat, and she whooped while flashing a grin at Griggs. "Looket!" She exclaimed, slapping at the buzzing of a mosquito by her cheek. The bird took off scared, but the Grigg's raven hollered, and Eira followed suit to Fairon, grabbing her sword of burning and her shield as he grabbed his axe. She couldn't know what his axe told him, but she knew what he told her and her eyes narrowed on the tree line surrounding them, attuned to the abhorrent sounds that followed. A Boulder slung past her, colliding into Griggs. "Feck!" Eira bounced out of the way only to fly to Fairon's side and help heave the weight of it off of him. "Da feck is out there?!" She muttered, rolling the Boulder off of her husband before she helped him to his feet, and spun around to face whatever was out there in the darkness.

Trees smashed down in front of the two, missing them by inches, while large fur covered feet stomped down toward them with earth shattering "THUMPS" every step. The first thing they would see is a large cleaver, made from what looked to be a sharpened mammoth tusk poking through the darkness. Next, they would see armor, made again from bone, with a demon skull covering it's groin. Wood strapped to it's thighs and pelvis acted as crude covering, as well as large iron sheilds on both of it's knee caps. On it's sides it had two large daggers, which were the side of large longswords to both Griggs and Eira. It was about 13 feet tall, and easily a challenge for the both of them. It growled in anger as it smashed it's fist onto the ground. It smashed "You take sun! Give back!" It screamed, about 45 feet the two, while pointing it's cleaver toward them. "I take back!"

Coyote42004/30/2019
Griggs, free of the boulder, hostered the axe onto his back and Drew the muthril sword, and his shield. "Looks like your mother." He teased, glancing Eira and giving a laugh before walking closer. He had spoken quietly, but now he raised his voice to the behemoth that faced them. "We don't have your sun, Caliga does." He said. "About four days walk south there's a party of people going to go fight her." He pointed south with the sword and looked at the ugly monstrocity. "Caliga is stronger than you alone, where are your people?" He walked closer to the creature, closing the gap to about ten feet and looked up, and getting a glimpse of his eyes, realized the creature didn't give two shots about who was actually at fault. "You remind me of a shit I took the other day. It smelled, looked terrible, and had the audacity of making me look intelligent, which I take offence to." He moved the sheild in front of himself and raised it so it shielded his shoulders and only his helmetted head was viewable. "Them earings you got worth anything?"

The woods fell around them and Eira prepared herself for the worst atrocity that that she could ever imagine. Anything that could drop trees like toothpicks... Well, they had to be massive. What emerged from the darkness was nothing less than ferocious, yelling something about giving back the sun but she had no idea how to even do that. She jumped behind Griggs, as he approached the troll, and as Griggs insulted the it, backing up with his shield in line with his shoulders, Eira let out a battle cry (Battle cry 1 of 2 used), and hoisted up her Sword of Burning. This thing wasn't going to just run away, but neither were they.

The beast looked at the puny human inching toward him. He brought his free hand up to scratch his head, with a grunt. "Caliga? Am not hungry. Ate Deer. Not hungry for Caliga! You say to many words! Hurt head! Shut up!" He didn't understand anywords coming from the vikings mouth, except "shit" and "Smell bad". He was offended. "Bathed last year! You smell bad! Like rotted mammoth cheese! Your mother smell bad!" He then charged forward, and jumped into the air, coming downward with a heavy strike of his bone cleaver, which easily smashed the sheild into pieces. (Shield broken, first attack.) He then, as quick as he hit the first time, smashed his blade vertically across the chest of Griggs, causing velvet flesh to split, and his ruby essense to spill across his chest plate. (Second attack, bleed damage +10 every round) Then, his cleaver finished his actions with a final clash, slicing again, through his chest plate, causing more blood to spill, and more damage to be shown on him.(Final attack.) The poor humans had no idea the fight they had picked, nor the troll they were messing with. "I am UGNUK THE WARRIOR! You will give sun back! I want to stare at it!" He then placed his back foot, and pumped his chest, while taking in a large ammount of air, then with his jaws opening, revieling teeth and drool, he let out a large, ear piercing roar, that could be heard for miles. "Get. Off. My. Land!" He then roared again, even louder than the first time, directing it at the female. "I roar louder than you!" (Total damage to Griggs, 114, 566 HP remaining.)(edited)

Coyote42004/30/2019
Griggs shifted back with each blow, his eyes falling to the wounds on his chest. His brow wrinkled and he reveled in the pain while the beast continued yelling. His beard had gotten cut, his amazing beard, his hair had gotten cut and thick was a greater offense than being made to feel intelligent. Rage boiled over him, rippled through him, and filled him with it's bitter brine. (Rage used) angry eyes turned to the creature while it yelled at Eira and Griggs feignted to the side, delivering a blow low and towards the achillies tendon of the brutal bastard. The blade bit into the creature, (rolled ten) and Griggs took the splintered sheild and jammed it into wound, leaving it imbedded in to the rent flesh as he turned the sword in his hand, under-handing it and attempting to maneuver behind the creature. Blood stained the ground, his blade, the creature's weapon and Grigg's face. (144 damage dealt)

Eira was sprayed with splinters when the troll hit the first time, shattering Grigg's shield, and then splattered with Griggs blood when the troll attacked the final time. The yelling of the troll only served to heighten her resolve, the fact that it had attacked her beloved sent her in a tailspin, and she boiled with rage (Rage used). She ran around to flank the troll, and vehemently her sword was raised, the heat of its burn singing on the edge as it came down the first time. The thickness of the troll flesh surprisingly didn't split when the sword came down on the back of his leg as he aggressed Griggs, and instead of hacking at the hamstring of the leg it shaved off the hair. Eira grimaced, and then growled "Maybe if your mother had taught you how to bathe, you wouldn't look like my day old shit!" She hacked again at the other leg, giving the troll two nicely defined calves now that the hair had been razored off. She spun and bounced back, about fifteen feet from the attacker, her maw twisted in a hateful vengeance. "Bet your momma so fat, she has more rolls than a bakery!" She taunted, laughing mechanically as she ran out of reach.

Anaya04/30/2019
The trolls face crunched in as he made a face at the damage that had been done to him “uggg pesky fly make puper cut” he grunted and grumbled as he gave a strong grunt and lunged foreword at the one target that clearly got in the way the most. With no shield anymore to protect the weak little human male the trolls cleaver slammed hard into his shoulder cutting deep, the little human did move a tad to not take a large amount of the damage that the cleaver had in it but little mouse human could not be quick forever. The large hairy troll then moved a clawed hand to give two large slashes one to the left then one to the right, both smashing the human male around like he was a rag doll. The troll laughed loudly as he did everything a dumb mind finding such pleasure in the crushing and smashing of things petty human. “no tell mes whats to do wittle human man, me bigger then you, me smash little you again, and again and again, over n over, fun game” it muttered as long strands of drool and old meal dripped form its mouth always partly a gape, something green pussed on its teeth as it snorted and smoke, getting closer to the male, so close you could almost tell what the troll last ate. (101 damage given in total to griggs)

Uly had been following the group, about an hour behind ever since they had left. His boots clomped through the woods and his eyes narrowed to the sounds of screaming, and weapons clashing. It had been about 4-5 days of nonstop walking, tracking, hunting, and camping. He was exhausted, but hearing his possible friends in trouble made his heart race. His pace began to pick up while he pulled his mythril sword and raised his sheild, after pulling it off his back. Once breaking into a dead sprint, he noticed trees that had been knocked off of their stumps and slammed to the ground, and the large foot prints that lead to a large battle between two giants, and a big furry giant.He flaked around the right, and then doubled back, sprinting right passed Griggs and Eira. "Hey!" He shouted as he charged forward, then conjured steps of literal holy light out of thin air, which glowed bright in the darkness. Uly, then stepping off of them, jumped, and leaped through the air. With a skyward strike, at the last stair, he plunged the mythril blade straight through the left eye of the beast, sending juices and blood spraying out of it's face. The troll would easily be blinded by the paladin preist, while Uly easily pulled his sword from the beasts eye, and dropped to the ground. "THE OLD GODS OF YORE HAVE SENT ME TO TEACH YOU SOME BLOODY MANNERS!" Uly then, as his boots landed on the ground, white aura surrounded his body, making him a beacon in the darkness, and lighting up the battlefeild around them in the process. "YOU HAVE PICKED THE WRONG FIGHT, TROLL! LEAVE MY FRIENDS! OR SUFFER MY WRATH!" (Rolled 20. 260 HP +13 damage dealt to troll from mythirl sword given, plus partial blindness in eye.)
Ulysees Hestermore then slashed his sword across the air, once, causing the blood from his sword to fling off of the shimmering blade. Speaking in norse to the both of them, Uly took a few steps back, standing next to the both of them. "My friends! It is good to see the both of you! I kept thinking about what you said. Galandor needs me. My friends will understand. The world must understand. But first. I must not let you fall. We will defeat this beast together, and use it's bones as kindling for our next camp!" His northern twang ran delicately off of his tongue as his blonde, slicked back hair flowed slightly in the wind. Then,looking to Griggs, he noticed the blood. "My friend, you are hurt! Let me help you!" He then patted the man on the back, watching as the flesh that was split on Griggs's chest started to reform, as if nothing had happened. The only sign that he had been injured were two cuts on his armor. "Uh-...we should keep our distance!" He then backed about 15 feet up from the troll. (Healed Griggs for 77 HP, Buffs +2 to hit. Lasts 3 rounds)
(Bleed damage is no longer active)

Coyote42004/30/2019
-He saw the first blow coming, leaning back but not far enough as the blade still bit his shoulder. The following two blows reeled him back, and the troll moved forward with him, once again talking. Griggs, now in full fury, was too busy catching his footing. And on the last strike from the creature he felt the soft sand and sikt under his boot as he braced himself. "Throw me your sword!" He roared at Eira. Giving a false lunge towards the wounded leg Fairon feigned an attack, but the creature had bent low, and instead Griggs slung a rage fueled slash at the creatures eyes, attempting to blind it. (18 roll, lowblow used after feint. 136 damage dealt) just then out of nowhere Uly fell into play, from where or how wasn't entirely important but Griggs was nearly as surprised as the troll seemed to be. He took the moment to add his own second strike to the eyes,(13 rolled, hits for 123) and then purposed a final slash against the inner thigh, aiming for the femeral artery. (17 rolled, 127 damage) Stepping back he awaited Eira to throw the other weapon, hoping she called out before she threw it because he was keeping his eye on the troll.

(250 damage given to Troll, bleed damage-10 HP per round, 260 Health taken total)

Coyote42004/30/2019
(123+127+136 is more than 250)

"Griggs!" Eira shouted, throwing her his sword, and shouldering her shield. She had seen the monstrosity slash his cleaver and claws through her husband. Wouldn't that be a cruel turn of fate, to be reunited with the man she thought surely had to be dead after all these years, only to watch him die in front of her. Her belly burned with the rage of it all. She wasn't strong enough to hit the damn thing, so she did the thing she thought most productive in a fight with a troll. She dropped her pack to pull out the sack of salt she had taken from the temple, and yanked out a handful from the linen sack, the white crystals sliding from her clenched fist as she stood. She had the sack tucked into her arm and crossed the short distance between her and the maw of the beast that had bent close to Griggs. Simultaneously to Griggs dealing a powerful slash to his eyes, Eira spewed salt into the wound. Burning, blistering salt right into a fresh wound, "HA! YE YELLER BELLIED PIECE OF SHIT" She yelled at it and grabbed another handful which she shot in the same direction only this time the blistering north wind whipped it away. Or was it the wind at all? Ulysses suddenly dropped in out of nowhere and Eira was just as shocked to see him as Grigg's face expressed. Before her eyes, Griggs was healed much in the same way she had been with Vet only days prior, and she again wondered what sort of healing magic they had. She obviously needed to get her some of that. The herbal remedies she used would be exponentially enhanced with a little magic, it seemed. And despite her distaste for the stuff, maybe in this case she could make an exception. The Troll moved and She pranced back, sticking behind Griggs and Uly, but keeping her hand shoved in the sack of salt with a ready handful to keep tossing it into the Troll's Wounds. If nothing else, she'd at least increase his pain as he went down, and aid in confusing the beast further.
(Griggs is thrown the sword of burning)

Anaya04/30/2019
The troll let out a screech as it recoiled back in pain, its one eye stabbed not once but three times in the same spot plucking the eye out and smashing it out into a paste inside the socket, he could regrow it but it would take so much time now, and then, then salt was flung into the trolls eyes blinding both of the eyes as he still slashed wildly into the air hitting nothing but letting out a deafening screech. He took his free hand as he covered his eyes and tried to see past the blinking eyelids that now was what he was able to see, but vision would not be gone forever not forever not at all, he would gain his sight back as time went on and till then he would give heavy breaths to be able to collect himself to be able to swing after they surely put another good pounding into his face.

@Jeff/Iggy/Bellarose/Ulysees/Aku

Uly then, noticing that the fight had moved into his friends favor, decided to take a small rest against a tree. He had been walking for days straight trying to catch up to the two, and using a healing spell on Griggs had taken a bit of energy from him. As he sat against the tree, he lifted his dagger from his side belt, and hoisted it back. "Hey! Fur ball! Catch!" He then whizzed it through the air, only for it to go about 5 feet and slam into the dirt, not any where close to the beast, Eira, or Griggs. "Oh-..alright. That's embaressing...."
(Rolled one. Miss attack. Lost dagger)

Coyote42004/30/2019
-Griggs turned and caught the sword at Eiracs warning. He had enough warning and time to catch it by the handle. No sooner was it caught then he feinted yet again, this time to the side of the staggering beast, and struck aain at that achilles tendon from his first strike, hoping this time to sever it and cripple the beast.(another 135 to that tendon) He steered the fire sword's points between the ribs and the hip bone at the side of the beast, angling it upwards and drove it home, leaving it in the creature and hoping the encantment upon the blade would work in his favor. Twice he tried to hit the fire sword's pommel with his open hand, but he missed both times and reset himself, preparing himself for the creatures next attack. (Troll takes fire sword damage to gut, sword left in wound. Jeff can figure out what that does)
(fire sword, 87 damage)

Uly went and sat down somewhere but Eira was so focused on the troll that she didn't hardly notice. Griggs hit the monster again, crippling the beast and as it fell, she tossed another handful of salt into its eyes, like the dusting of a fairy. The burn and blisters would no doubt be enough to blind and stagger him about for at least a little bit longer (Damage roll 1d6: 3). Griggs left the sword in the stomach of the wretched thing, and Eira's free hand reached, grabbing her axe from her belt to swing it around with all the might that arm contained and sent the axe slashing into the troll's jugular (rolled 20. Crit x3 according to the battle axe page). She left it lodged there, with the crimson oozing down its neck in a steady flow. The blood was everywhere. The metallic tang hung in the air like a beckoning for predators. Crimson Splattered and drenched all over Griggs, Eira had encountered no injury or damage, but her proximity lended the linear ropes of blood across her visage and body as well. Her hand delved into the red laced salt once more, prepared to spat more of it into the Troll's eyes again to keep him staggered and confused with blindness.

The troll would be defeated in battle by the three of them, falling in a large pool of blood. He was breathing with shallowed breaths, while Ulysees moved from his spot in the tree, and walked onto it's back. "With the old gods's blessing, I send you back to the arms of the creator." Then, with a small thrust of his sword, clean through the back of it's neck, and out it's mouth, the creature had died. Uly then pulled his sword back out, as he pulled a cloth from his satchel and wiped the dulled blade off, cleaning the blood and brain from it with ease. "FInally..." He said, flopping his back onto the ground while looking at the sky. "That was one hell of a fight!" He shouted in norse at them, with a smile on his face. "Loot this bastard and let's set up camp. I need a damn rest. Been walking for 4 days tracking you, and I'm exhausted." He breathed hard, looking up at the stars. "Here is good. I like here." There was a large coin purse at it's side, two banded iron sheilds on it's knee caps, two long iron swords that it used for Daggers, and a large helm fell from it's cloths. (Helmet of Torm Armor (plate helmet), legendary You may use each ability once per long rest Torm’s Courage When a creature you can see targets an ally within 5 feet of you, you can use your reaction to swap places, & you become the target of the attack taking damage on yourself instead of your ally Torm’s Sacrifice you can use Lay on Hands on self or to heal your allies, you get that ability back after a short rest 1 time per day heal 50+2d12 Torm's Smite A divine brightness emanates from the helmet. Creatures within ten feet must make Dex save of 17 or take 6d12 + 20 radiant damage. On a failed save, creature takes half the damage)
((Eira is boosted to level 12 and a half. Griigs and Uly gain no EXP)
(Loot away_

May 1, 2019
Coyote42005/01/2019
-Fairon just stepped back slowly, the rage within him slowly fading. When his feet hit the water he turned from the corpse and looked at his reflection. The creature that looked back, that demon thing, was all too familiar. The enemy. He stopped and slapped the reflection from sight, then hunkered down and began washing, stripping armor off as he did. The chainmail was rent across the chest in three places and Griggs wasn't keen on keeping it. In the mess, the mithril blade rested on the bottom of the creek, the water's current peeling the blood in collaguated chunks off the shiney surface slowly. Washing didn't take long, and the sword was pulled from the stream bed, a smooth Creek Rock along with it, and Griggs took the time to eye the edges of the sword and hone them down with the stone when needed. He hadn't said a word. Wasn't that he was sad, or degrading himself for the action or feeling in any way guilty. No, it was a solemn pondering of what happens next, and a nearly jealous envy of those already upon that journey. Bah, probably just the Aftershock of that much rage being channeled through his body. He sheathed the sword without flourish, and grabbed up a handful of dry grass from the creek bank. He also found Uly's dagger, or what he assumed was Uly's dagger. He stopped where the man was and tapped his armor with the hilt of the dagger. "It's huge." He glanced at the troll and laughed. "You missed." He thumped the man on the shoulder and moved past him. The fire was built rather easily and quickly with all the dried grass. It was posisioned between the massive troll and the shale wall of the wash out, and the troll was still warm, creating a strangly cozy little nook. He was sitting there feeding the fire, starig at the flames as he stuck sticks into it on at a time, when he started laughing, slowly at first, softly... But soon he was just outright laughing. "Guess he has bigger concerns than the sun now."

{Grace} - Zephyr||Eira05/01/2019
The ground shuddered violently when the troll finally fell, the triumphant victory at last theirs, and Eira watched as Ulysses hoisted himself onto the back of the troll, and with a sword, slice through the back of the it's head with a few words of a holy blessing. She settled, the raging turmoil within her having begun fizzling not long before the troll fell. Ulysses flopped over onto the ground and Eira, paid him no further mind. He had healed her beloved after he had been dolled heavy hits from the troll, and she was grateful for that. This would be camp anyway, seeing as they had their work cut out for them, and Eira just as soon began to get to work gathering the weapons and piling them up beside Griggs. She yanked out her battle axe from the trolls neck, and the fire sword from the belly. She pulled off the shields from the knees, and the two steel longs words from either side of his belt. She grabbed the large pouch of money too, and tucked a helmet under her arm. All of which she waddled over to Griggs, arms full, and stopping there beside him, she let go and it all fell to the ground around her feet while he stared into the fire. She watched him a moment and went back to the troll. She started cutting away his flesh, rending it from his massive body in large hairy sheets that they would tan and craft into armor (AC of +14, Jeff approved.). This would take time, but both Griggs and Eira's armor had been damaged. Hers with arrows from an ignorant boy with a bow, and Grigg's from the troll himself. They needed new protection.
(c)
Eira worked at skinning the troll. His massive size a factor in how slowly she was doing this. She took opportunities to glance up over the troll toward Griggs and watch him, as he watched the flames. She wasn't entirely sure how to feel, but guilt wasn't an emotion that she encountered with this one. She just knew she was glad that Griggs was still alive at the end of it. His laughter peeled quietly at first and then in growing baritone, and Eira glanced up at him from her work on one of the Troll legs, her eyes painted in amusement as she flashed a smile. "Like one Fairon Griggs." She added, with a chortle.

Coyote42005/01/2019
-Griggs laughed and fished the magnifying glass from his pack as he flashed Eira a wide grin. With it he inspected the hide pieces Eira had gotten. He grunted in discuss and threw them back at the troll carcass. "Forget the hide, it's worthless. Grab the heart, well cook it, and the bladder could be filled with this creatures blood. We'll use the stomach for a water skin." Using his magnifying glass he began appraising the swords. (Need starts on the longsword 'daggers') he stuck those into the ground, and began appraising the two iron banded shields from the creatures knee caps. (Need statts on the shields.) One of these he slung onto his back, cinching it into place over the black axe. Next he inspected the ear rings.(c)
(Need stats and materials of ear rings.) He wasn't sure what, if any, uses these things may have, or their value, and wanted to be sure before they were bagged or discarded. Finally he began going over the cleaver with the magnifying glass, it was a huge, axe-like two hander in his grip, and it's weight didn't seem very balanced. (Cleaver statts too.) All in all there was a lot of loot, and Fair on was interested in what of it was worth carrying. "Take the sinew off the back of it's legs. I hit the one twice, really hard, and didn't answer to cut it. It will be very useful for leather working and bow making, or even trading to an armorer." He called out to Eira. He finally picked up the helmet and was fairly suprized at what he found there. "Nice helmet." He held it up and looked at both Eira, then Uly. "Pretty sure this helmet gives it's wearer a couple gifts." He held it a while, then tried it on, wondering if it talked. It didn't seem to, and he took it back off, looked it over, then stood and walked up to Ulyses, thumping the helmet into the man's chest. "You've earned it, and eery man is worth his steel." Griggs confirmed to Ulyses. "If you come with us, leave this southern war behind. We're going to a place where the old gods still have power, where their names are still revered." He patted the man's shoulder and returned to appraising things as Eira brought them, working by the light of the fire.-(e)

Jeff/Iggy/Bellarose/Ulysees/Aku05/01/2019
Ulysees blinked a few times as Griggs smacked his back, triumphanty. Taking the dagger as Uly was poked in the armor with it, he smiled to Griggs. "Big-..yes. Killable? No." He bellowed out as Griggs walked away, and he turned his head after sitting up to watch the two start to skin the creature, and loot it, subsequently. He smiled to himself, before looking at the creature with a side frown. He thought of it's entire life until this moment. How it was simply doing what it was born to do. Yet, he put his thoughts to rest a moment later, thinking of the old gods and what they would tell him. "Though some may not deserve to live, everyone deserves to be born." He nodded to himself before noticing Griggs walk over to him. Rising to his feet fully, he stood firm, and looked to his friend. Griggs then presented a helm of glowing, absolute holy energy. Something Ulysees had not seen for some time. Weapons were common with holy attunment, but not armor like this.
Taking the helmat from his chest, Ulysees slowly placed it atop his head, only to feel the holy power course through his very veins, making each little step he took, leave a small white glowing boot print, that vanished a few steps later, after about 6 seconds. Uly, looking through the eye holes of his helm, smiled to Griggs, yet then, as he spoke of abandoning his war, he raised a brow. "My friend. It isn't my war. It is this planet's war." He sighed. "It isn't even a war. It is a fight for survival. Those friends of mine are just trying to make it out of this with their lives. If they give into the goddess of death and sin, then they have nothing left. No life. No soul. They would rather run and be as free as they could be, then fight, die, and be taken to live out eternity in suffering." He sighed once more, as he sat down by the fire with them. "Yet, I am here. 4 days away from them. They probably are gone, or about to be. I'd never make it back to them even if I wanted to. Master Samuel, the Wyvern, will protect them. I am sure of it. Foolish or not, they are doing what they believe is right. Just as you and I do every day."
He placed his hand on Griggs's shoulder, stopping him from appraising items for a moment. "You gave me the ultimate gift. Friendship over power. I will walk with you to the ends of this earth, and the next. I will venture with you to Galandor. I will venture with you to hell itself if you wish it of me! I am skeptical about the old gods rule, but I trust you friend, and I can't wait to see the city." He looked to Eira. "Same goes for you." He pounded his chest once, and then gave the ultimate gesture to a friend that a viking could give. He took his helm off, placed his other hand on Griggs's shoudler as well, and reeled his head back, then forward. Their foreheads connected with a large Thunk. Ulysees, mostly unfazed by the inital blow, smiled, and placed his helm back on, while pulling out a horn of mead from his satchel, which he inturn, handed to Griggs, before opening his mouth, knowing Griggs, wouldn't take offense to his headbutt, and began to tell a story.
"Before I came here, I was in Stovania. (Eira will remember the holy sword, and the letter that Vet read her. The room marked U, was Ulysees's room.) Well, I decided to go for a drink at the tavern. There was this red headed girl. Beautiful woman. We started flirting, and before I knew it, I was ordering a drink and a stew, before I had to go on my trip to Avalon, to put flowers on my wife's gra-...before I had to go on vacation. Anyway. These men came in, about 4 tough bastards. I'm not a violent man-.." He said, peeking over his shoulder to look at the dead, eyeless troll. "Obviously, but these men were talking about horrid things, especially in the presence of this beautiful young woman. So I asked them to stop. One thing led to another-...and one of them ran away, one got knocked out with my shield, and the other 2 were humilated without me even once drawing a sword! They had to carry their friend out of the tavern, and pick up his teeth!" Uly then slapped his knee, while he pulled out another small flagon of wine, taking a sip under his helm. "Men love to fight, until they get hit in the face hard enough."

Anaya

Anaya
Admin
Admin
{Grace} - Zephyr||Eira05/01/2019
When Griggs had inspected the large swaths of hide Eira had taken the time to peel off the troll, informing her that they were basically useless for her intended purposes, she scowled and abandoned the work. "Well, that wasn't what I expected." She murmured disappointedly, but was soon climbing atop the giant so that she could slice through the heavy hide of its back. He was face down, and turning him over would be too much of an effort that Eira didn't want to exert, so she went unconventional. Griggs busied himself with armor and she glanced up to see the exchange of the helm between the men that the troll had dropped. Nodding toward Uly when he pounded his chest, she flashed him a victorious grin before setting to work, and only heard his talking over the gushing of the troll guts as she delved her hands into the depths of its belly. She was careful not to slice through any of the intestines until necessary, and managed to pull out the stomach and Bladder, which she tossed at Grigg's. Whether it landed on him, or on the ground at his feet was entirely dependent how much he was paying attention. She would leave the curing and prepping of those to him. She went for the heart next, cutting through the diaphragm of the beast and then plunged both arms into the cavernous opening to grapple the heart and yank it out of its home.
The size of it was bigger than her head, and took two hands to carry. She was covered in blood though, her face smeared from the battle, and arms stained with fresh red liquid. She was a sight to behold, blonde tendrils dipped in darkening crimson, and clothing hanging with clots and stained brassy. The scent of blood was the only thing she could smell, but she laughed as she worked, enjoying the recompense of their victory. With the heart in hand, she jumped down off the troll. The heart sloshed with blood, and she motioned to Griggs. "Got blood in the heart, best kind. Can you hold the Bladder open and I'll pour it in?" She waited for him, emptying the contents into the Bladder skin by tipping the heart upside down and letting the clotting mess drool out of the arteries until she was certain no more could possibly come out. It filled the Bladder, and she left Griggs to work with it while she slapped together a spit over the fire, and poked the heart through with a stick before laying it over the flames to cook. Blood still oozed from it, falling off the muscle mass into the flames below with sizzling protest, but she left it there and set to work on the legs, each one in turn. She mirrored the actions of each. Slicing vertically through flesh and muscle, she got to Sinew and yanked out the ropes that made up the hamstrings and Achilles tendons, and laid these out straight beside the fire to dry. They would provide ample uses, once dried out. Like rope, grapple, even sewing purposes and bow string. The possibilities were endless.
She listened to Ulysses stories while she worked, injecting laughter where due, and recognizing Stovania but she hadn't even gotten the man's name so her only expression was cast over her shoulder at him with recognition to the name of the country. The smell of the heart cooking was beginning to overtake the scent of blood, and her stomach grumbled for fresh meat. Heart was a delicacy. Tender and lean, and carrying its own unique flavor that was sought after. Eira however, was drenched in blood, and filthy. "You eat. I'm gonna bathe" She muttered, dropping her armor and chainmail by the fire, and laid her remaining weapons beside her bearskin. She slipped away into the darkness and the only thing one could hear was the ripple of water as she waded into the creek and dunked under. Fingers raked through her hair, washing away the clumps of blood, and she scrubbed at her skin and the clothing still on her back. Blood would bring predators, and she didn't want to invite more danger than they were already in, just being alive.

Coyote42005/01/2019
"Doing what you believe is all any man may ask of another." Griggs answered Uly with a nod. The head butt was unexpected, but not offensive, and Griggs chuckled. At Eira's request griggs rinsed out the bladder in the creek before holding it for her, and what portion of blood they got was a healthy sum, the chambers of the troll heart being large. It was tied shut with a flemmish twisting of fresh rawhide, which would cinch tighter as it dried, and the bladder was dug a shallow grave in the creek bottom, then burried with water running over it, to keep it cool. It would have to travel wrapped in skin and drug in the water to keep it from going rancid and even then it would only stay good few days. They needed to find a town soon to get any use out of it. (C)
"These swords are garbage." He declared, interjecting in a pause in Uly's story. The two swords were tossed back to the troll corpse, and while Uly talked, Griggs found the cleaver to be of mammoth tusk Ivory, making it valuable for making weapon grips, trinkets and jewelry from. Someone would pay handsomely for this, even if it made an unweildy weapon. He paused in his work, giving Uly a nod when he mentioned how most will stop fighting on e hit hard enough. Laughter left him as he threw salt on the heart, it's pungeant smell fill-in the warm camp with promise of a feast. The mead had already been gotten into. Why all these southerns had Mead on their person he woul never know but it was one of their redeeming qualities. I'll had sworn a blood oath to them, and while Fairon had not yet addressed it, he had not missed it either. When Eira announced she was going to bathe, Fairon merely flashed her a smile and nodded. He too hated the blood, and had already rinsed off.(c)
When he finally left the fire it was with his two handaxes in hand, and he grunted as he havked away at the neck of the troll until finally the head rolled free. Turning it so it rested on it's crown he asked at the bone, cavug it in, then takin one of the worthless bone longsword he stirred the brains into a chunky soup, an poured them out onto the ground. He took his seax then and peeled all the flesh and meat off the skull, then took his axe and havked away until only the smooth rounded, bloodsoaked pale o the crown of the head was left. "Gonna have a blacksmith make me a shield out of this." He explained to Uly, hefting the bone plate that still had the eye sockets and upper teeth into the water. Sand and water cleaned the bone well, and Griggs placed it on to the pile of good as the miserable portion of sun that existed began to rise. He needed to meditate. "Excuse me, but if I don't get the right head my axe stops cooperating." He explained to Uly. The black axe was removed from his back and Griggs sat down, his mind wandering towards the gods and their will, justice, and the scourge of darkness this axe was designed to destroy.(e)

Coyote42005/01/2019

May 2, 2019
Jeff/Iggy/Bellarose/Ulysees/Aku05/02/2019
Eira had left to go bathe, and Griggs had taken to literally peeling the flesh from the skull. Ulysees however, didn't say much. He looked down at the fire, thinking of his own wife. Eira and Griggs were lucky. To spend so many years away from each other just to find their way back. It was quite spectacular. Ulysees had only wished that it were that simple for him. Yet he watched his wife die. He buried his wife. He mourned his wife. She was gone and he knew that, but he just hoped that one day, he could round a corner and run into her, and they could act like the years didn't pass them by. He could laugh with her and talk of memories past, but he knew it was a sick fantasy. One that tortured his brain. His face didn't show the torture, for he hid it behind a smile of holy light. Uly was a happy man, but he was happy because he knew that was what his wife would want from him. He was taken out of his own thoughts as Griggs began to speak of making a shield and how his axe spoke to him. It was not the strangest thing he had ever heard, so he was not at all surprised. Jeff had mentioned it was the axe of Olum, which basically told Uly all he needed to know. "The axe is outdated. 1000 years ago, spitting on the sidewalk could get you beheaded in front of a court. It is a powerful weapon. But a terrible judge of character." Then he simply nodded and closed his eyes, to do the same. "Meditation sounds nice, my friend." With that, he crossed his legs, relaxed his body, and shut the world out, only knowing peace within himself for those few simple moments he had.

{Grace} - Zephyr||Eira05/02/2019
She watched from the water, taking her time scrubbing and washing away the blood in the shallow depths of the creek as Fairon hacked away at the troll's head. She watched as he peeled flesh from the bone and at last had it down to only the pinkened ivory, and while she watched him her mind wandered to that of the circumstances, and everything that connected them. They wandered to her dream, days before, and to her nephew. What did that even mean? And to the war that was happening between the gods. She didn't understand why the humans were so connected to their gods, or why the gods were concerned at all with the humans. For her, Odin and the rest of the Norse pantheon were distanced from the affairs of man, and they worshiped them for it. Wasn't that how it should be? And still, the idea that a god would ever answer when you called out to them... Eira brought water to her face, splashing her skin in the coolness abruptly, and started making her way back to the bank just as Fairon was walking away a short distance and sat with his axe. She didn't know what he was doing, but she left him alone and passed Ulysses who also seemed to be in some sort of meditative state. She considered the ramifications of disrupting meditation and the perceived consequences didn't phase her. "Thank you for healing Fairon." Eira at last spoke up, as she stood nearby her pile of armor and weapons wringing out her garments even as they hung heavy and wet, and clung to her form. "I saw what you did, and appreciate your presence." Her common tongue was getting better, and she didn't struggle as much with her accent to get the words out.

Coyote42005/02/2019
-The breif interlude from work was welcomed, and Fairon ended his meditations shortly after Eira arrived. He took his bearskin off his back and flipped it to the ground, still wearing none of his armor. The weapons he carried were tossed to the ground as well, and he went out into the sticks, returning shortly with ten six foot poles and several chunks of flint. After tossing this stuff on the ground he embraced Eira, reati his forgead on hers. No words were shared, but by now the roasting heart was smelling pretty good, and Griggs took a seat, sliced himself off a filette, and stuck the knife into the heart for others to use. Taking the price he bit into it, and sat down, beginning to knap javeline heads. These were fastened into place on the poles with the sinew and pine sap tat had been stirred together with a small sum of char, and trimming a price of his bearskin, Griggs fashioned a quivver which held all ten javelines easily. These he pointed towards the fire, the heat shrinking the sinew and curing the pine tar. This done he got up and got another piece of the heart. It was delicious. He cut a chunk for each of the others and walked them to eat of them. "Let's rest, then we will move tonight." He suggested, looking between the two. He took another bite and chewed, waiting for a response.

Ulysees was lost in meditation, as the seconds became years to him. He could feel the individual dust particals flying around his head. He could hear the grass growing. He was fully in tune with the earth, and himself. That was, until Eira and Griggs started speaking again, which snapped him back to reality. He opened his eyes with a smile toward Eira. "Of course! Farion is my friend! As are you! Wife of Griggs!" He spoke in common, then continued in Norse, so it was easier on her. "He is a good man, with a good soul. He may have been a shell of himself when we became friends, but if that is him at his worst, then I am happy to be his friend at his best. You both deserve each other. You are both honorable friends to me. Thank you for letting me rest and travel with you both." Uly then noticed Griggs start to eat the heart, and his face turned sour. The troll had been alive less than an hour ago. Now it was skinned, beheaded, flayed, and his heart was being devoured. Ulysees was not too sad however, as He knew the troll would have eaten him too. "You both go ahead and rest-...I'll keep watch. " The tired man said, only caring for the well being and safety of his friends. "To many hounds out tonight. My Light will keep them at bay, so long as I stay awake." His aura was giving off a holy light, and, since he had shown up, not a single caliga hound had been around, or even shown itself for a moment. He crossed his arms and smiled. tapping his helm. "You both seem tired."

{Grace} - Zephyr||Eira05/02/2019
Ulysses talked, and Eira's face went from thankfulness to confusion and then irritation in about as long as it took Griggs to return. The man, although kindhearted and helpful, talked too much, and Eira wanted to stuff a chunk of the troll heart into his mouth to shut him up. He would be an asset to their little posse no doubt, and Griggs knew him apparently, but he didnt know Eira, nor did she know him so his claims to friendship were lost on her entirely. She would show loyalty but only because she was loyal to Griggs, until otherwise established by friendship. Despite Grigg's prolonged absence from her life, she was still bound to him by the laws of their country and their gods, and she took it seriously. What's more is that she truly did love him, and it was evident in the simple fact that when he didn't come back home, and was presumed dead by the majority, she didn't take the proposals so many offered her. She went looking for him instead, and whether or not she found him or found confirmation of his death, she didn't stop until she had an answer one way or another. It helped her keep sane, and not driven to depression by the circumstances that soon after Griggs had left, stole her sister, father, and brother away from her. It also kept her from a proper family relationship with her nephew, an unfortunate cost to the way she had chosen to live. Some may call it insanity anyway. It was how she dealt in any case.
She didn't even know this do gooder's name for that matter. So when he finished speaking, Eira cleared her throat. "Guess I should know my ally's name..." Her hand went to her chest in a gesture. "Eira". And she gestured for Ulysses to do the same. Griggs returned again, sticks in hand and after he had tossed them to the ground he scooped her into an embrace. Eira was taken aback by it initially, awkward and off guard, but she remained there, her glacial blues searching his as her forehead lingered there and her fingers gripped briefly into the fabric of his shirt. He released her and began tearing into the heart, and she took up space beside him by the fire. Only staying close to help dry her clothing, the heat was something she only tolerated for the necessary evil. She shot a look at Ulysses from across the flames. "Nonsense. You're exhausted." She waved a hand dismissively. "We've slept four nights with no issue. You rest too." She mumbled, taking the chunk of meat that Fairon offered her, and bit into it hungrily after she flashed him a thankful smile. "Besides, I ain't carrying you if you collapse from exhaustion. So, you best sleep. It's for your own safety." She smirked, chewing as she spoke and wiped the stream of juice that slipped down her chin with the back of her hand.

Coyote42005/02/2019
-Griggs stopped eating and listened to the exchange. He may have been a part enough man, but manners were not an important feature of his life, nor did his culture attribute manners to respect. Still, Griggs knew Eira's tone coul be seen by Ulyses as disrespect, due to the southern way of addressing another. He interrupted the conversation by pulling his axe from the ground and moving over, holding it out towards Uly. "My friend, load this axe's capaciter with some of your spells, then rest. I'd rather be bitten by on of those little dogs than to have you collapse when he fought something bigger. It's daylight we will travel at night when the pure white light of the moon can illuminate this world better than the blackened sun, and by next morn we will be on the borders of Galandor. I need you rested, let our Ravens keep watch." -He whistled and his Raven flew down, and Griggs gave the creature a sliver of roasted heart. He glanced at his companions and declares. "My word is we rest, nothing short of holmganga will dissuade me." He left it at that and the raven left to begin a scouting perimeter search. Saying nothing further on the matter and expecting to be obeyed he moved to his bearskin and flopped onto it, avin left the axe by Uly, having no concern the man might steal it. He knew Uly's type and as such knew he could really on the man to see reason. "Now everyone get some sleep, we travel hard tonight." It wasn't long before his snoring was softly rolling from him, the rise and fall of his beard a true sign of even breathing.

He looked between the two and sighed. "If that is what you wish of me." He gave a soft smile, and a nod. "I guess I can't argue. I am beat. And we just killed a troll. If you both are concerned for my well being, then I accept, and appreciate it." He then laid his back on the ground, closing his eyes. His breathing slowed, as he gusted air out of his nose. After a few minutes of relaxing, Ulysees was asleep, snoring softly under his own breath, not making any audible noise other than a light exhale of air. In his dream, his wife and himself were in the garden, planting deathbell. "Vanessa? Why the dark herb?" Vanessa walked over toward him, placing a hand on his bare shoulder, as the sweat from working had made Ulysees strip his top cloth from his upper body. "Because, my light, we can't have a beautiful garden without the possability of death. What is life without death? We can't have one without the other." Uly nodded. "I understand-..but why this plant?" "Deathbell?"
Nessa said, with a cocked head to the left. "Because it is beautiful and unsuspecting. Death comes in many forms. Beautiful. Quick. Deadly. Ugly. It really depends, my sweet." She went on while Uly patted the dirt with a trowel. "I guess I understand my dear." He said confused still, trying to humor her. "Death is inevitable, so there is no point ignoring it and acting like it isn't here." She looked to the deathbell, and then motioned to all of the beautiful, colorful fully bloomed flowers around them. "This flower reminds me that everything is temporary, and to enjoy what I have now." Vanessa finished, and Ulysees nodded in understanding. "That-..makes sense. That is oddly beautiful, Nes." She smiled to his words and kissed his cheek from behind before he rose up from his knee. "Why the talk about death?" He asked, with a quirked brow. Nessa then, shaking her head. "Because you know I'm not going to last, Ulysees. You know I am not really Vanessa. You know that she is not alive, so your mind has created some sort of scenario, to where you can see her. Just like every night. It's always the garden, Ulysees. It's always the same thing." Ulysees frowned a bit, and nodded.
"Just-...pretend?" He asked, while Nessa gave a sympathetic smile. "Ulysees, please. You can't just harbor these feelings. You need to move on. You need to find someone." Ulysees shook his head. "I-...can't." He said to himself, and looked to the ground, only to have his chin lifted by the beautiful, brown eyed, brunette haired angel in front of him. It may have been Ulysees's personification of his wife, but, it was her to a tee. Every detail. "You can. You must. Don't ruin yourself for her." Ulysees sighed to himself, and felt Nessa's hand rest on his cheek. "Just-..be her. For a little bit longer?" Nessa gave a soft smile and nodded. "I love you, Ulysees Hestermore. You are a good man." With that, Ulysees shot awake, not sure if the others were either. It had been a few hours at least, yet he wouldn't know because the sun wasn't up. Obviously. His eyes darted from left to right. "Goodness..." He said to himself, snapping himself awake, and standing, only to walk over to the creek bed to splash water on his face. "Oh Vanessa..." He whispered, while resting his back against a tree trunk.

May 3, 2019
{Grace} - Zephyr||Eira05/03/2019
"Who is Vanessa?" Eira spoke up, from the edge of the creek, in the darkness. She had risen already, packing up her stuff for the evening haul and was sitting there watching the stars emerge in the black sky, and the moon rise in its pivitol arch over the earth. The sun... Or what was left of it, behind that glowing black disc, had set some time ago, and the cool evening air was beginning to bring a nice chill. Reminders of home, in Galandor, no matter how small. She had heard Ulysses murmur as he propped himself against the bark of a dead tree, and hadn't yet put two and two together as for the room she had been in while she was in Stovania with Vet.
(c)
Her pack sat beside her, the bearskin hanging from her shoulders, and her weapons donned her person in addition to the gold they had taken off of the troll, along with the second shield. She had made sure that the Bladder full of trolls blood was still buried under the current of water and kept cool. "It's time to move." She whispered, waiting however for Ulysses to tell her who this Vanessa person was before she'd make her way over to Griggs. She wasn't about to wake the berserker normally. Oh no. She stood next to his side and used the dangling end of a leather cord. She hung it above him, tickling at his nose with it, and then brushed it against the scraggly hairs of his beard and ear, hoping he'd smack himself in the maw and give himself his own wake up call.

Coyote42005/03/2019
-The wibds roared that day, tide and current straining the form of the Viking vessel. The nine men aboard laughed in the face of the storm, holding lead lines and rails as the boat shuddered against the punishment of waves. Griggs was holding on as well, looking sidelong at the boulderous rocks they were skirting, a fool's dare in such a storm. His band, commissioned to find the reason for the sun's disappearance, had already managed themselves successfully through the Freehold lands to the small shipping town of Aster. Here they were, the gods were with them this far. "Is that all you got, Leviathon?" He hooted as the keel nearly kissed rock, only to swing wide away. A spray of brine and mist answered him, the men laughed, and for a moment Griggs thought he saw the massive visage of a serpent in the water. He had grabbed a harpoon. "Show yourself and I'll show you the power of our gods!" The serpent had, and what followed from the terror striken rage of the crew were the throws of death, of the sea claiming the vessel. Blackness. He woke slowly on the beach, flies buzzing around his eyes and mouth and swatting at them, Fairon slapped himself awake only to find himself in the creek bed with a very amused Eira standin there an looking very guilty. (c)

Coyote42005/03/2019
He grunted and Rose, shoving her away from himself and after a very short while had packed up his gear, taking his axe back from where he had left it with Uly, unsure if the man ad filled it's capacitor or not. He pulled the bladder of troll blood out of it's shallow grave and wrapped it in a skin to further insulate it, and having all his gear, cut a healthy portion of the rasted heart, and taking a bite he marched past Ulyses and Eira, heading north. There'd be plenty of time to talk on the way, or when they got there. The moon had to good grace to be full, and was resting on he great ridges of the mountains that divided Galandor from the south. Rounding a bend in the creek Griggs decided to climb the embankment and look around, and there, nestled against the sheltering legs of the mountain twinkled the distant lights of a town. He let out a shrill but fleeting whistle and pointed towards the spectical. "There's a town about an hour out." He warned his two traveling companions. "The creek looks to wind a bit, it will be less travel if we take to the open." There were very few trees here and in these foothills even the brush was gone. It looked to have been pastures or fields before the lack of sunlight had ruined the vegetations chance at life. He waited for the others to join them, waited to see what they wanted to approach this as.-(e)

Jeff/Iggy/Bellarose/Ulysees/Aku05/03/2019
Uly rubbed the water against his skin, trying to wake himself up as his breathing calmed, before he looked over toward Eira, whom was asking him who Vanessa was. "Someone who died." He said, adjusting the wedding ring on his finger, before looking at his own reflection in the water. "Someone who I wish didn't." With that, he moved over to touch the Axe, once Griggs had been woken up. Before the man had grabbed it, He had loaded 2 spells into it, that he knew the man could get a big use out of. (Godly Passion: Heals 50 HP from either yourself, or a party member. Can be used once per 3 rounds. White whip: Forms a white holy whip from mid air, does 2d8 Holy damage on top of regular damage.) He then moved over toward the trail, watching Griggs pick up his Axe and move toward the both of them, before just moving on. Ulysees, said mostly nothing other than a few "Sures" or "Uh huhs." He didn't care how the group went about things. He was just there for support and friendship. Besides, he had a lot on his mind at the moment and didn't quite know how to talk about it. "We do what ever seems best, Griggs." He said quietly, not really caring. "I'm just along for the ride."

{Grace} - Zephyr||Eira05/03/2019
Eira noted the actions of the holy man, glancing down at his ring as he moved it and then back to his face. She got the gyst, and then a light bulb went off in her head, and she felt awful for a brief moment. She was connecting the dots to Stovania and the letter that Vet had read aloud to her. The locket, that Siggurd had taken. The key.... They key! She fished it out of her leathers, and pressed it into the man's hand. "I can't really explain this, and I know it might not be important but I found this in your room. You're from Stovania. You said so yourself. Your room had a big 'U' on the door." After this, she followed After Griggs. ----- They had been traveling for some time toward the lights of a city nestled at the base of the Galandor mountains. They had all thought this to be a good idea, and the likelihood of finding a blacksmith while there was rather high. But, the men were moody. Or what she perceived as such. The irony wasn't lost on her, and try as she might to keep the laughter in, she at last burst. "If I didn't know any better, I'd think you were menstruating! And they say women are onery, by the gods" She laughed, speaking aloud and shaking her head. "You need some Mead." She glanced between the two of them as they walked. "And maybe some women." She mused, still walking and rambling. "And perhaps a blood rag." Her mouth tipped Sardonically and she pulled her waterskin out to uncork it and drink. They'd be closing in on the town now, and she was looking forward to a proper bath. "Laugh! There's much to be glad for!" She beemed, toothily.(edited)

Coyote42005/03/2019
Their time apart had done nothing good to Eira's nature, or her sense of humor. Griggs glanced at her with a lifted brow at her jokes. He understood she was carefree, her mission was over, her goal met, she had won; but he had not. Thirteen years were gone, thirteen years that would never be back and while Griggs did not lament this, he knew it meant he had less time now. "Do you know this town we are coming to, woman? Are they friends or enemies? I the town inhabited by trademen or a den of theiving outlaws? Are we nearest the Free Hold, or the Galandor Wolves?" He eyes her carefully. "Act too happy and the locals will know you have something to be happy about in these dark times." His gaze shifted to Ulyses, and then he realized she was trying to cheer him up. The man did indeed seem less than cheerful, less than happy to be here. Griggs slapped the man on the shoulder roughly enough to cause the mancs armor to clank in protest. "But she's got a point. We are here, alive, tanks to our light hearted friend here." He stopped just several places from the entry into the town and asked the others. "Do we have a plan?" His eyes reste on Uly. "You are most suited for being our speaker, you take the lead in town but remember the smithy and the potion maker are our priorities." He paused and backed up a little.- "remember, we're not here to save anyone, or to be heroes, we're just passing through."

May 4, 2019
Jeff/Iggy/Bellarose/Ulysees/Aku05/04/2019
Eira handed him a key, his key, and explained that they were in his room in Stovainia, but he cared not. "Hope you found some stuff to help you." He said, before they offically set out on the trail. Some travel time later, Ulysees simply shot up from his gaze at the ground and shook his head. "I'm fine. Just have-..a lot on my mind." He then looked to Eira and Griggs. They really wanted him to be happy, for no other reason than they were happy. He couldn't deny them the satisfaction of happiness, so he simply smiled. "I'll do that for you both, if you'd like." Then As Eira joked that both himself and Griggs were acting like women, he smirked. "We are beautiful women at that!" He laughed, nudging Griggs in the shoulder. "You may call me Ulysseca!" He said, smacking his knee before Griggs asked what their plan was. Uly, stopping once, looked over the town with a narrowed eyes. "We don't need a plan. Just don't steal. We walk in, with nothing to hide. People ask us who we are, I tell them I am a priest, and I am here to bless the town ,and you two are my-...body guards." He then nodded. "People ask to many questions, and I start talking way to much, and start praying for them. They will leave us alone. I am sure of it." Uly then smirked, pulling out a flagon of chilled, royal wine. "One for the road?" He said, uncorking it, and taking a drink, before handing it to Eira.(edited)

{Grace} - Zephyr||Eira05/04/2019
Darkness clouded Eira's scarred visage, shrouding the initial lightheartedness in confusion when Griggs laid into her. She was about to hand it right back, because it didn't matter what they didn't know, they could only act on what they did... It only took a moment however for Griggs to catch on, and Eira laughed again at Ulysses' joke. "Indeed you are! You make great women." She gave a sage nod, standing back a bit from Uly and Fairon in a feigned purvey of their statures. In this present time Odin had smiled a lot on them. Despite circumstances, and the loss, despite the impending cloud of doom that had blanketed the entire world in a cover of darkness, as much went right as it did wrong. And with such abundance of good, also came with its fair share of bad. One might think that after all those years of searching for Fairon, she had won some sort of great prize in finding him. And true as it may be, it was also riddled with its own set of troubles. Thirteen years had rendered the pair strangers, in every sense of the word. He was not the same man she had married, and neither was she the same woman as all those years ago. Taking that as a clue however, she resigned herself to square one--just get to know the man again. She flashed a grin toward Ulysses, taking the wine to pass it off to Fairon first. "No stealing, no pillaging, no rough housing. It's like we're stepping into a monsitary." Motioning toward the town,. "Well, after you, Oh Holy Man."(edited)

Coyote42005/04/2019
-Fairon was grinning as he looked at the town. The nudge sent him side stepping and he laughed. "Nobody ever called me purdy before." He said as if pretending to be rueful. I'll had a great plan. "Yeah Ulysseca, that holy stuff will make everyone leave us alone." He tipped the wine and it ran down his beardas he drank, and shifting his stance he anded it back to Ulyses as he wiped his mouth with the back of his free hand. "Nobody bleeds." His confirmation and summary of their plan. Business would take time to handle. He adjusted his gear so it looked less chaotic, and handing him the wine, gave Uly a shove forward. "Make your footpronts glow again, that'll sell it. Maybe them gods are resurectable." Dawn would arrive in about four hours and Griggs wondered how many of the shops would even be opened. Before she could fall into step behind the paladin Griggs grabbed his woman and hailed her close. For a moment he pondered in her eyes, before he roke the aze and thrust her troll blood into her arms. His eyes smiled even if his face didn't crack. He then tilted his head towards the town. "We will talk when we get home." And this time he did smile, giving her a nod. "I'll answer what I can, all the whys and wheres." Truth was he felt awkward around her. Maybe he just didn't want to feel guilty for leaving so long ago, and even guiltier knowing she was searching all this time. In any case he wasn't dealing with it now, and turning he joined Ulyses in the March towards the town.

Jeff/Iggy/Bellarose/Ulysees/Aku05/04/2019
Uly then gripped the flagon as it was passed back to him. "Of course. My foot prints glow no matter where I go. I don't even need to pretend I just need to do my job." He sighed, and placed his helmet back on his head, before putting the flagon back into his satchel while Griggs and Eira had their moment. He loved that they could just be with each other. He wished he could hold his wife. He wished he could look into her eyes like Griggs did Eira right now. He shook the thought from his head and began to walk, ahead of them. Once they made their way into the townsquare, Uly's voice began to boom. "Praise be, my people! Praise be!" He raised his hands in the air, as townspeople looked on, while some gathered, while they walked. "Praise be to us! Praise be to you! We have walked all this way to tell you to have a blessed day! Shall you? Praise be! It is a blessed day to praise the gods!" Ulysees began to spin his yarns while most looked annoyed and walked away, yet a lot stayed and listened to his sermon while the three walked.

May 5, 2019
{Grace} - Zephyr||Eira05/05/2019
"That holy stuff makes me want to leave you alone." Eira grinned, though the corner of her mouth tipped in a grimace. She wasn't lying. The man's path did glow, and Eira wondered for a moment why she hadn't paid any attention to it till now. Was it always that way? Could you always tell a holy man by the way they walked? Griggs grabbed onto her then. "Oof" She murmured, spinning as he pulled her close as her Oceanic depths met his and lingered. Not a word was spoken, but they weren't necessary. She bore into his gaze, willing that she'd find an anchor there. A place to land, a harbor and home. Flashing him a smile, she took the Bladder of trolls blood as it was shoved into her arms and extended her hand to touch fingers to his arm- a soft movement that was only afforded to some. And no one in the last thirteen years. "The Where's and whys of the last thirteen years don't matter anymore. Just the today's. The nows." It was forgiveness, and it was freedom. The guilt was unnecessary, and forgotten. She reached and palmed his cheek gently before turning in unison to join the holy man, adjusting the Bladder skin so that it sat over her shoulder, with a hand keeping it balanced there. Only... It was still four hours before morning. The town was likely sleeping, and in waltzed the Paladin belching out his blessings, in an early morning wake up call. Those who looked on annoyed were not ones Eira would call trustworthy, and those who stayed around looked as though their rags hadn't seen wash water in about a month. Well, however it played out, the Paladin was just doing his job... Right?

Coyote42005/05/2019
At first Uly's preaching made him laugh. He couldn't help it. He did his best to look pious but it was very hard to took holy with skins and leathers hanging of your person and wepons bristeling everywhere. He lifted his nose hautily and when the crowd started getting too close he placed his and on someone's chest. "Bless thee so much. Verily amen." He said, giving them a push back which made them stagger into some others. Ulyses had all the right words and these people looked to really believe he was an emissary of the old gods. Fairon turned his eyes around the town to see wat there was to see as he fended off another avid worshipper. He was just paying the role of bodyguard. Remaining quiet and keeping the crowd from mobbing Ulyses he glanced at Eira, then rolled his shoulders in a shrug. This was working, maybe this would work everywhere in th south. Grabbing a particularly dedicated worshipper as they passed a building Griggs laid an arm across the man's shoulders. "His holy paladinship requires horses. Go and see that he gets three of the town's strongest, if not the fastest." He smiled and said. "Surely verily holy blessing upon the obedient followers of the light."

Jeff/Iggy/Bellarose/Ulysees/Aku05/05/2019
Ulysees looked between the faces of the crown, with a bit of a twinkle in his eye. "The gods care not about time! It be sunny always where the gods are concerned!" Uly turned to look at Griggs, as he was speaking to the people as well, where as Eira looked like it was far to early. "There is no time like the present my people!" Ulysees said, as his foot prints glowed, then vanished after he took about 5-6 steps. "Feel the light of the ashes of the golds! Feel the good graces of the light! You can bring back the light! Look at me! Look at the light coming from me! All you must do is pray! Pray to the goddess, Anaya! Pray to her to bring back all the glow!" Uly's body was casting off a white light, which was lighting the entire town. "Feel the happiness of Anaya! Feel the warmth of Anaya! Please, give her the strength!" Many started to drop to their knees and pray while others simply turned away, scoffing. "You have no worries other than help the gods of good!" Ulysees then, watched as people began to go about their day, after praying. His work was done. He had inspired. "Yes! Good work my friends!" He noticed the hunger in everyone's eyes, and blinked. "You shall not go hungry today! The gods gift you!" He reached into his coin purse that hung on his side, and began to fling gold and silver into the crowds, and watched them scramble. He tossed from left to right, making sure most got at least one septim.

May 6, 2019
{Grace} - Zephyr||Eira05/06/2019
This was all a big joke to Eira, and she internalized her desire to laugh it off for the sake of their little posse and their goal. The blood filled Bladder needed to see an alchemist soon, and she shifted it on her shoulder, but remained as a proverbial bodyguard despite the way Ulysses' preaching grated on her nerves. Glancing over to Fairon, she was none surprised to find that he was doing the same thing! —or at least his imitation of it. She rolled her eyes. The boisterous introduction had people coming out of their homes, curious as to the interactions and commotion, and the crowd was beginning to grow. Bolstered by the fact that Ulysses had just made them a target now, with the coin he was just tossing about. Eira grit her teeth, and tried to smile despite the stone hard expression that settled in her eyes.
(c)
"Okay, Holy man, we must find you a place to rest!" She started, turning toward the man and created a barrier against him from the clamoring crowds as she walked toward the center of town. She only hoped that Fairon would get the gyst and help her. Her eyes were peeled for any sign of a blacksmith, and any sign of an alchemist. Neither of them should be all that hard to find, and in a thriving little town such as this one there was bound to be at least one if not several still in business.

Coyote42005/06/2019
Horses were brought and there were four, three for riding and a pack animal. Griggs led the animals to hitching post outside of the smithy before rejoining Uly and Eira, and soon he was helping body block the crowd from Ulysses. People were bringing their sick, and injuries were seen, everything from a paper cut to a missing limb. On any other day Griggs would be raiding a town like this, is was perfect for it, and he noted this in his mind as he pushed a woman away from Ulysses that was holding a sickly infant in her arms. He pulled his sword out after struggling and the crowd backed up. The people were allowed close one at a time. There was a line developing, and while some soldiers were watching them they were not stopped just yet. Griggs kept his back to Ulysses, the brilliant aura the man was emitting was blinding. The doe eyed hope in the crowd's faces made him pity them, which in turn caused his stomach to rebel. His hope was that once they got to Galandor things would be different, because if things were this bad at home Griggs wouldn't be so keen on staying. He cast a glance at Eira and it was clear he was worried that this would be the norm. Ulysses was in his element, and already behind them a group of chanting worshippers followed, worshipping this Anaya, Freja.(c)

Coyote42005/06/2019
Nausia shook his form and he pushed a an back just to vomit ok the ground with a terrible heave. Troll heart and mead spilled to the street, and Dauron wiped his mouth and pushed another person back. Someone else ran against him and he whirled, knocking the woman to the ground in his half distraction from vomiting. He fended three more adoring worshippers off and then someone punched him. He wasn't sure who it was, the sea of faces had all eyes on Ulysses and between the mad scrambling for septims and the wild need for healing Griggs entertained the idea of unzipping a few stomaches, but that would be directly against the plan. Enough was enough, and for Griggs the situation could have only been worse if the mod was attacking. He lunged at the crowd, bellowing a war-cry, and just like that it dissipated. The few that remained stepped back, and Griggs backed up as well, until he stepped on Ulysses booted foot. He sheilded his eyes when he turned to look at the man, then to Eira. "I've never seen anything like that." He snarled, irritation heavy on his voice, which trembled softly as if he ad been on the cusp of a very bad descition. The sword was put away and Griggs put a pace or two between himself and the paladin. "People seem to like you, a lot." He glanced at Uly, then towards the faces tat were once again looking their way in hope, instead of running from fear of Griggs. "I bet we can get anything we want from this lot, without lifting a blade." His eyes rested on Eira an he smiled. The paladin would come in handy, and what's more, seemed to be able to rally people effortlessly.(e)

Coyote42005/06/2019

Coyote42005/06/2019
-He didn't wait for responses, simply turned and left the two in the street as he headed for the blacksmith's tent. He could burden himself with coming to terms with Ulysses' magnetism of the feeble later. People were again flocking near and the worshippers wereagaon crying out to Anaya. Terrible ruckous, terrible helplessness. On nearing the tent he checked the horses, and after making sure they were tied securely, he ducked into the place. ((Griggs has entered Blacksmith's tent in Outpost town))

{Grace} - Zephyr||Eira05/06/2019
Eira's face said a thousand words that her tongue did not, contorting disgustingly at the sight of Fairon vomiting in the presence of all the helpless people vyying for attention and help. She wasn't sure exactly what was going on, but the look on Grigg's face told her a lot. He was murderous, and their plan was about to backfire if something didn't change. His warcry sounded, and at last people fled but only for a moment before their courage returned and their needs outweighed their fears. Eira took the opportunity to slip away to an apothecary, if she could find one. They came for business, not.. Whatever it had turned into, and she, like Griggs was sickened at the ripe opportunity for pillaging missed—but also the outright abundance of the people's weakness and begging. The holy man would have to fend for himself, or use his coin to bide himself more time and the affections of more people. After all, they were turning to Anaya, and that was more people leaving the droves of Caliga. Maybe it would weaken her. ((Eira has entered the General goods store in Outpost Town))

Back with the group in Ordarons Temple
The Next Morning

Xulimelon (Melon)Last Saturday at 2:09 PM
-Nanalyn sprints off after Jeff giving a warm and bashful smile at his aknowledgement of her. This group of people wasnt like the moraly underdeveloped socialites of her class back home and so more questions on people in general would arise. Jeff worked wonders for her ego and while she would rather sleep she couldnt deny the opportunity to help take care of the hound problem.- "Most certainly Jeff. " -Following in close persuit shed see the show of jeff essentially banishing the hounds one after another and the kobold doing its thing even. Such bravery from such a small creature. It truly was inspiring and she takes the axeplade and wire to begin swinging it. This was not what she was used to and bites her tongue alittle to see if she could use the wire and built up energy to launch her weapon and huide the rest of the way with magic. Before casting the line all of that metal would make her highly attractive to a bright lightningbolt which hits the weapon she held lighting the whole area. Her eyes have gone shock-silly and her pointy ears have a twitch to them. Steam lifts from her body and slightly burned clothes as the blade guided wire zips off in the direction of the caligahounds and ib mid flight changes direction to hit 3 on a circular route (24 damage to cliga hounds) . Nanalyn shakes off the chars and and calls her weapon back. (26 damage to nanalyn who now blushes with embarassment) Static still buzzes arund her here and there- "Maybe... Learning magic isnt such a bad idea in times like these...."

May 19, 2019
Jeff/Iggy/Bellarose/Ulysees/AkuLast Sunday at 11:41 AM
Jeff looked toward Nanalyn as she fell over with electric shock from both her attack, and the lightning in the sky. He felt awful almost immedietly, but Nanalyn seemed to shake it off instantly. He like that. She was a true warrior. He then turned to a branch snapping. Out of all the dust in the air, one set of purple eyes looked through it. Stepping from the ash of his brother's was a single Caliga hound, leaning down like it was about to strike, by leaping through the air. Jeff simply leaned down, and picked up Ghonk. "Stick your sword straight out!" He then, planting his back foot firmly, embued the kobold with a telekenetic armor like aura around it, before stepping off, and launching the creature through the air with tremendous speed and strength, on course, right for it's eye.

SoufiriaLast Sunday at 12:07 PM
Ghonk took note of the two hounds that came bounding towards him and had his little buckler out at the ready to block them. However, the two hounds suddenly seem to be vaporized by one of Jeff's spells, causing Ghonk to shout out in glee with little yips and hollars. Meanwhile, the bard continued to play her song on the flute, and so long as all allies could hear her they would be emboldened with their attacks, not only being able to hit easier but also harder as the mystic energy of the song imbued them with strength and courage. Ghonk caught sight of the strange woman who appeared to be using some strange wire blade of sorts, watching as it flew threw three of the hounds with ease, before a lightning bolt crackled through the air to strike her as well as a few more remaining hounds. Inspired by the carnage and chaos the kobold took note of a singular hound remaining, and just for the sake of it used his hexblade's curse on the thing even though he knew he would kill it one blow. After all, he was ghonk, and ghonk is very mighty....or so he believes anyways. Before he can get up to it though, he feels Jeff coming up from behind him to pick him up and instruct him to hold his sword out front. With a small cackling yip the Kobold didn't just strike out with his sword, he swung with it wildly like a blender as he was then shot forth like a canon. (105 Damage to the Hound with the combined power of Jeff's telekinetic push, Ghonk's attack, and Marvella's bardic music bonus.) Ghonk sliced through the hound at blazing speeds, carving it up on the way like a mini drill as he tore through the thing before it even had a chance to give a last quivering yip.
Ghonk for his part would splatter onto the ground tumbling head over heels, before landing with a thud with his feet out splayed about fifteen feet from where the hound's bloody, mangled corpse lay. He then stood up, turned around to walk towards the hound and rose his blade in the air. Standing on top of the mangled carcass, he shouted. "I AM GHONK! I am the greatest warrior there ever was or shall be as I stand next to the dragon killer! For today was the greatest battle of Ghonk's life! GLORY DAY!" He shouted into the air. "You dead! I win!" He shouted down to the mangled carcass.

AnayaToday at 3:43 PM
the hound let out a wheeze and vanished as it hit the ground, its body changeing to black mist as it died and any others with it turned tail to run and bolt off into the trees. then there was a tussle in the tree line as a small woman fell from the trees tripping over her own shoes. she had a large gash in her right side and what seemed to be a old lantern in her hand. "oh my you both, i am sorry i have been wondering around for forever, i need help does anyone know medical ai..." her breath was cut short as she tumbled down to the ground the wound in her side being to much for her she laid there curled into a small ball as the man looked at her.
---
jeff was a little out of it as he turned to Ghonk who was cheering and happy about there victory "you did very well, a strong heart is in your chest come lets go back to the group and see what...." as what he was saying got abruptly cut off by the woman that was walking out of the tree line and then fell in a heap on the ground, he jaunted forward to catch her in his arms as he turned to the little kobold "change of plans, go back to camp, get help this woman is hurt and needs medical treatment right away!" he yelled out to get the little kobold to really get moving and hurry on up, things needed to go fast or this woman would die.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum